• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the worst fruit you have ever eaten?

Do you like any of these?

• Total voters

Flyffel

Bells
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
What is the worst fruit you have ever eaten? In the poll you can choose some more or less controversial fruits that you actually like.

Last edited:
I was just going to say tomatoes, but I don’t like any of the listed ones in the poll either.

durian my actual mortal enemy, my family likes eating it and they make it mission to get a couple when it's in season but man </3

How dare you include persimmon, starfruit, and papaya on this list...

But to stay on the topic of worst fruit...I would have to say guanabana. I've never liked it.

I'm going to anger everyone and make them get pitchforks and torches with this, but watermelons. I do not like watermelons in any way, shape, or fashion. I don't like them as a fruit or even as flavoring for anything.

I haven't really tried anything on the list but my least favourite is cantaloupe

I have voted for the last option, because I never had any of the listed fruit.

I do not like Fuji Apples despite liking Apples, the taste is NOT for me chief. I had chips of the same apple back in December and I had to eat something else to drown out the taste.

I've never had a durian or a noni fruit. I think I have tried the ground cherry and it was a little too bitter for me, I don't really remember.

I do know I do not like bitter melons at all. They are everywhere in filipino dishes which I dislike a lot. Sometimes they blend in like squashes and then it's just immediate insta-regret when you chomp into one.

I'm going to anger everyone and make them get pitchforks and torches with this, but watermelons. I do not like watermelons in any way, shape, or fashion. I don't like them as a fruit or even as flavoring for anything.
Finally someone agrees with me! I seriously hate anything with that nasty fruit. I hate it so much that I will throw away any food that touched it even for a second. I will not even buy anything with the disgusting thing on it or even shaped like it. Even in Yoshi’s Island, I refuse to let Yoshi eat one unless it is absolutely necessary to get past an enemy or puzzle. Even fruit salad I will refuse to eat if it has the nasty stuff in it and will refuse to eat anything from a fruit plate/platter if that nasty thing is one of the fruits. I have refused to eat any of the fruit flavored Lifesavers because they added that disgusting watermelon to the line up and took out almost all of the best flavors except for pineapple and cherry. When I was a kid and there was a contest to see if people wanted pineapple to be replaced by watermelon, I verbally said out loud that if they ever put that nasty flavor into packs of the candy, I would never have them again.

Last edited:
I honestly haven't really had any in the poll lol. The only fruit I've eaten where I was like "icck" would be grapefruit. It's just so bitter.

There are some fruit I eat with its core, like apples and some fruit I eat its peel, like mangoes. 🍎🥭 Out of curiosity, I've eaten half an orange with its peel and an entire banana with its peel. By far, the banana is the worst! ❌🍌 That peel makes your mouth completely dry, man! Do not recommend! 😨💧

Dates! Also, I always loved apples, but since they make my mouth itch, I don’t love them as much as I used to.

I didn't have noni or durian yet but I like all others, I especially love physalis and persimmons, to that
Iist I would had another fruit that I like and some dislike: jackfruit

Hmm…I don’t know if I can think of a single bad culinary fruit I’ve had. I love starfruit and papaya mmm! Haven’t had the others, but I’d love to give them a try. Even Noni for the fun of it. Botanically speaking though, nuts are a fruit and I don’t like a lot of them especialy when people ruin cakes by putting them in. They are obstacles I tell you! Obstacles!

I haven't had any of the fruits on the list, but I hate bananas and cantaloupe (particularly when they're ripe). They're way too sweet for me, even the smell is disgusting.

I have never tried anything on the above list before but I HATE pears....
I dislike most fruit but pears are to me the nastiest fruit.

I've never even tried any of the ones in the poll...
I'm not sure if I actually have a least favorite fruit because I have tried very very few. I would say cherry but I've actually only had cherry flavored things and not a real cherry. I was given cherry flavored medicine as a child and couldn't stand the flavor ever since then.
If you couldn't tell, I'm not really a huge fan of fruit. That's why I haven't tried many.

Back