• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What’s the last game you finished?

It's rare for me to start and finish a game in so short a span of time, but holiday break + extremely good game led me to put 70+ hours into Dragon Quest Builders. 😅 Apparently Dragon Quest's take on Minecraft-esque sandblox style gameplay with an added tower defense game element is right up my alley! The main game is broken up into four standalone chapters, each with exclusive items and gameplay elements. They switch up the formula each time, so the game never became stale for me, and I never found myself repeating the exact same steps I took in previous chapters.
I will say that the final bosses of the first two chapters felt more tedious than anything to me—the Cantlin Golem has a weird hitbox where the bombs are concerned, and in Chapter 2 for the love of god don't be like me and build your ballista tower way off-center because I could not hit the Hades Condor to save my life. :') I had to reload and build the whole thing all over again, this time over the central banner, and had zero trouble with the ballistae after that askdjsdlf
But I had a lot more fun with the bosses of the last two chapters, and overall I felt like this game was nicely challenging!

My only wish (and may even be something that changes in Builders 2, which I haven't played yet) is that after completing a chapter the town border would be removed/random monster raids would stop occurring. I never felt like I had enough room in town for everything I wanted to do (not everybody got the luxury of having their own room 😔), and building solely for myself/random generic NPCs in Terra Incognita just isn't scratching that itch for me. I would've liked to continue expanding on Cantlin, Rimuldar, etc. beyond the initial border zone and really max out the NPCs' quality of life.
But all in all, great game, very much worth the hours I put into it. (y) I might come back to play Terra Incognita mode more in the future, but I don't think I'm quite in the mood for it at the moment.

I finished (more or less) the entire gameplay of littlewood! I've completed the entire storyline and now I'm just dipping in and out to 100% all the achievements (so mostly a lot of mindless chopping wood and catching fish). would definitely recommend, i put a good chunk of time into it and i'm still going!

i forgot to mention it sooner, but i finished baldurs gate 3 prior to the epilogue update and the ending really really sucks. such a shame because the rest of the game is incredible, but the ending truly felt like an afterthought. i haven't touched it since that huge epilogue party patch came out, i still need to update it.

Outer Wilds! A certainly wild experience for sure, but a fun one! Dying every few minutes, but you’re INTENDED to? Heck yeah!

I recently played the game  Teacup after picking it up on sale. I ended up finishing the whole thing in one sitting! It's not a terribly long game but that works in its favour, in my opinion. It has a really cozy atmosphere and story (you're collecting different teas/ingredients for a tea party!) And it's a nice calming experience. There are a few puzzles but nothing all that difficult. If you're looking for a nice cozy adventure I recommend it. 🥰

Plus you get to be a frog! Who doesn't want to be a frog.

I 100% completed Mail Time the other day! I met all of the characters, found all 43 trinkets, found and sampled all 9 mushrooms and unlocked all 9 hats, earned all 23 patches, and completed all tasks! 💪🏻🍄

I‘ve already talked about my thoughts on Mail Time in the “Your Most Recent Gaming Purchases” thread, so I won’t go into too much detail here, but it’s such a charming, relaxing game. I think you could complete it in one sitting if you really wanted to, but it took me a few days since I wanted to take my time. The characters are all so cute and unique, even the meaner characters (*cough* Kiki *cough*) have their moments where you can’t help but love them. The dialogue is the perfect mixture of ridiculous, funny, sweet and endearing. It takes a lot of inspiration from social media slang, and it’s obvious that this game is geared towards a certain audience, but luckily I’m a part of that audience! I honestly loved the dialogue a lot, the interactions between my character and the others were so entertaining!

The art style is precious. I really liked the character customization options, and appreciated the ability to choose my pronouns, and that they/them was an option! I personally don’t go by they/them pronouns, but I don’t see/play many games that include that option, so it made me really happy to see that Mail Time did. It’s a simple, uncomplicated game, perfect for when you just want to cozy under a blanket, relax, and lose yourself in a game.

My only nitpicks are with the mechanics, camera angles, and bugginess. I played the switch version, so I’m not sure if my nitpicks are also present in the ps4/ps5 and Steam versions, but the switch version can be a bit buggy. My character would receive something to deliver, and after the convo ends and the dialogue bubble goes away, my character wouldn’t be able to move. I would have to open my inventory and scroll through it to remind the game that my joy-sticks work, and then my character would be able to move. I’d earn a new patch, and the pop-up for it wouldn’t go away, and I’d have to save and quit and reload the game. The camera also really loved randomly zooming in on my character’s face, especially while I was trying to jump up somewhere high, making me unable to see where I’m jumping/landing. This caused me to fall quite a few times, lol. Having to use the B button to jump, double jump and glide was also a pain at times, but it’s the least of my nitpicks.

… I didn’t do a good job at not going into too much detail LOL, but overall it’s a super cute game, and I would recommend it! I would just be cautious about the switch version and its bugginess, though it’s not so bad that it causes the game to crash or anything. I’m actually considering replaying it again already, just for the relaxing vibes. 💖

The last game I finished was Pikmin 4, which was last year. The story is completed, though the game isn't 100% completed (my deepest apologies to the few remaining leaflings awaiting a cure). 😇

I very briefly started Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, so I'm looking forward to slowly working on that!

I finished Devil May Cry 5 last week. It was shorter than I expected. I loved playing V, so found being locked into playing Nero/Dante on certain levels annoying. I definitely enjoyed the game but not enough to 100% it.

i finished ffxvi last night (actually 4:30am this morning lmao) ! i really loved the game and this is one of the rare times where i actually tried to do every side quest because of the lore and extra little details about characters (i believe i missed at least one so i’ll deal with that and some other achievements during new game+)

the ending hurt me, but i’m going to pretend that clive and joshua are okay 😭 i didn’t know much about the dlcs so i was being optimistic thinking it was post-game content they would live ;^; (i might still buy the dlcs later)

the book shown at the end still makes me think that joshua is dead and clive wrote it under his name as he’s given a quill in a side quest, because joshua was never shown to wake up after he died 😭

It's rare for me to start and finish a game in so short a span of time, but holiday break + extremely good game led me to put 70+ hours into Dragon Quest Builders. 😅 Apparently Dragon Quest's take on Minecraft-esque sandblox style gameplay with an added tower defense game element is right up my alley! The main game is broken up into four standalone chapters, each with exclusive items and gameplay elements. They switch up the formula each time, so the game never became stale for me, and I never found myself repeating the exact same steps I took in previous chapters.
I will say that the final bosses of the first two chapters felt more tedious than anything to me—the Cantlin Golem has a weird hitbox where the bombs are concerned, and in Chapter 2 for the love of god don't be like me and build your ballista tower way off-center because I could not hit the Hades Condor to save my life. :') I had to reload and build the whole thing all over again, this time over the central banner, and had zero trouble with the ballistae after that askdjsdlf
But I had a lot more fun with the bosses of the last two chapters, and overall I felt like this game was nicely challenging!

My only wish (and may even be something that changes in Builders 2, which I haven't played yet) is that after completing a chapter the town border would be removed/random monster raids would stop occurring. I never felt like I had enough room in town for everything I wanted to do (not everybody got the luxury of having their own room 😔), and building solely for myself/random generic NPCs in Terra Incognita just isn't scratching that itch for me. I would've liked to continue expanding on Cantlin, Rimuldar, etc. beyond the initial border zone and really max out the NPCs' quality of life.
But all in all, great game, very much worth the hours I put into it. (y) I might come back to play Terra Incognita mode more in the future, but I don't think I'm quite in the mood for it at the moment.
Oh hey, someone else who appreciates Dragon Quest Builders! 😃 I have both games and have played through DQB2 maybe three times already. 😂 It's an awesome series and it doesn't grow old to me because every playthrough, I can take a different approach to how I fortify the town you're in and what kind of theme I build them in too.

Definitely get DQB2. Their version of Terra Incognita is different though. You basically cycle between a story chapter and your own island to build on. You can choose where to go to either whenever you want, but the more chapters you beat, the more crafting recipes you get. The sequel is a great improvement and building is a lot easier and less glitchy too. 👍

Oh yeah and after completing a chapter in DQB2, monster raids stop occurring on that village. :🕊

I finished Metroid Prime Remastered 100% today! Definitely a fantastic remaster. This is the first time I've beaten a game in any form since September 1st, so, yeah, it's definitely been awhile. 😅

I finished Super Mario Bros Wonder (I still have some stages to complete in the special world, but otherwise I 100% the rest 👀)

It was so fun ! I recommend to everybody even if they are not a Mario Bros expert !

And the next game I'll play will be Tinykin ! I received my physical copy yesterday 😊

completed mario bros wonder yesterday. i switched to yoshi for some of the special levels because for the life of me i couldn't complete some of them without taking damage. really glad i made that decision!!

I just beat Yoshi's Island for the first time!! The SNES game. It's such a beautiful game. Great soundtrack, great artstyle, great stage design and puzzles, and the most infuriating enemies I've ever seen in video games. Highly recommend.

i'm not sure if this really counts as finishing a game... but it's close enough! right?
i just recently finished the fontaine archon quests for genshin impact, the story really was wonderful... aaaaaah i just know i'm gonna be feeling nostalgic about it soon

I ended up finishing Pikmin today! I always love getting to replay the game, and it's definitely nice to be able to play it on the Switch now! Doing a 10-day run when I didn't plan for it is nice as well.

I finished Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice last night! I grabbed it right before the 3DS eshop closed last year but I was waiting to be in the right mood to play it. I feel like every time I play a new AA game, I say that new one is my favorite. And it's the same here! All of them are really good!! And this one is no exception!!!

Back