• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Eventide Island - The Quest to Rebuild One of BotW/TotK's Most Memorable Locations

Game
New Horizons
Island/Town Name
Eventide

ShinkaiTheSeaWing

Inter-Galactic Planet Protection
Bells
Switch
3578-8270-0127
Island
Eventide
White Lily
White Lily
White Pansy
White Lily
White Lily
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Space Whale Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
S.S. Dolphin
Coco
ꫀꪜꫀꪀꪻ꠸ᦔꫀ ꠸ᦓꪶꪖꪀᦔ

char(69)
char(86)
char(69)
char(78)
char(84)
char(73)
char(68)
char(69)
char(73)
char(83)
char(76)
char(65)
char(78)
char(68)

To you who has traveled to this island...
I present you with a challenge. In your travels, you've relied on the equipment you've found along the way.
Here, you must cast this equipment aside and face this trial with only your wits and whatever you can scavenge.

Offer up the orbs to the three altars on this island. Only then will I acknowledge your skill and return your items.

A few days ago I decided since I transferred my main island to my sister's Switch and I'm left with a new blank save, to begin a quest to recreate the highly unique and memorable location from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
While an exact replica would likely be impossible, as the complex landscape as it is, and because my Resident Services building as well as other pre-determined locations won't be movable, I plan to try and get as close to a recreation of the area as I can.

When I originally created the island, TLoZ: TotK had not yet been released (it was early March at the time), but now that it has, I plan to try and make the BotW version of the island, but with TotK references and features within it as well. I will likely need a lot of help doing this, as the island I'm using for this has only played up until the point when you begin the quest for K.K. Slider, so any contributions are very welcome!

For a few details about it:

ꫝꫀꪑ꠸ᦓρꫝꫀ᥅ꫀ: Northern
ꪀꪖꪻ꠸ꪜꫀ ᠻ᥅ꪊ꠸ꪻ: Apples
ꪀꪖꪻ꠸ꪜꫀ ᠻꪶꪮ᭙ꫀ᥅: Hyacinths
ꪖ꠸᥅ρꪮ᥅ꪻ ᥴꪮꪶꪮ᥅: Blue
ꪑꪖ꠸ꪀ ꪻꫝꫀꪑꫀ: Other than TLoZ, Jungle/Wilderness

Last edited:
An update: So, the question has been tossed around in my mind a bunch recently:

TotK or BotW?

Both versions of eventide island seem fun to make, as both have their own defining features, but...
I think I'm going to try and settle on Breath of the Wild.
The reason for this is because, while TotK's Eventide is nice, the version from BotW has more unique features, its own unique puzzle idea, and more interesting things to try and make. If you would like to change my mind, go ahead because I'm up for changing if other people really want me to for any certain reason.

Never went over some of the basics, so I'll do it now.
My two starting villagers are Mira and Moose, and I also have Alfonso, Blanca, Marcie, and O'hare!
Oh, and today's b-day is Alfonso!
O'hare was my first campsite villager, so that lets's you know my current progress in the game...

Been a month since I last shared an update to the three of you who are watching this, but about a week ago i finally
got three stars, and I've unlocked the island designer! Well, at least I'm working on getting enough miles to unlock the permits.

I've decided once more. Away with the Eventide Island, hello to the new...
I'm going to rebuild all of the BotW/TotK map in ACNH. Already started with the coastline, and framing out the locations of settlements and areas.

Another month has gone by, and the basic landscaping is finished. Not settlements, though...
I haven't been playing ACNH at all really...

Back