• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there anything you never finished in NL?

Gabby

Ancient Member
Bells
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Rose
Red Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
I am not much of a completionist, despite being a big AC fan. When I logged on to my town after so long, I discovered I never unlocked Katrina in my main street! I remember not knowing how back in the day, and I guess I never thought to look it up? It’s now my mission to unlock Katrina… 12 years later.

I also never got the gold tools, finished the museum, or get a perfect town.

What about you? What did you never do in NL?

So I never played the ACNH welcome amiibo update so there's lots I didn't finish. I only played the original acnh so I was like "what is a meow coupon". I guess there's a lot I missed out on!

Four things:

1. I never finished all of my badges
  2. My Bug/Fish/Sea Creature encyclopedia isn’t finished
  3. My museum isn’t finished
  4. I never finished the rest of my houses besides my own house
Will I be able to do it all? Eventually but it won’t be the same knowing that the 3DS online is shutting down.

Getting a 5 Star Town, getting the Police Station, getting all of the medals, and completing the museum.

Oh yeah, I also never finished the police station! I’m gonna have to go to someone’s town to do the town initiative for this event…

I should also mention I never completed both Desert Island escape or Puzzle League, and I never built the reset center.

Of course, the latter will always stay that way…

For me it varies between my 3 towns. My first town never unlocked the police station if I remember correctly (Nobody asked for it), my 3rd town is just unfinished in general, and in all the towns I never finished the museum, the encyclopedia, the medals, or ever got a perfect town.

I also never unlocked Katrina’s shop, I didn’t finish the museum, bugs, fish, sea creatures or the badges, and my house isn’t fully upgraded
Edit: forgot to say I don’t have all the gold tools either

Last edited:
My museum isn't finished which is really a shame!! And probably some other stuff... But mainly that. HHD I didn't even reach anywhere near the finish, either

I never finished the badges, some of them I didn't even earned once! They just don't fit my playstyle much.

My town... lol rip. It's just covered in flowers that I bought from people on here in hopes of finishing my town but rip, never did LOL.

From a completionist perspective, quite a lot. I don't have all of the badges (especially the Streetpass ones are near impossible), I haven't paid off my house(s), didn't complete my catalogue, didn't complete any of the museum sections (I've been trying to get the last few fossils for years, Redd hardly ever shows up with new real art, need maybe two or three sea creatures, never caught a tarantula or scorpion, lots of fishing to do still), didn't make any major progress in the minigames, never had one of every perfect fruit, am far from finishing my town...

I think there’s a lot that I never finished. I wasn’t as much of a completionist then, and I don’t think I completed much of anything? It’s been years since I played and I don’t have any of my copies anymore, but off the top of my head, I know I didn’t complete my catalog post-WA, earn all of the badges, decorate my town (it was so undecorated and unfinished 😭), or complete my museum. I also never unlocked all of the PWPs.

I think that’s why I’m such a completionist in New Horizons and all of the other games I play now, to make up for how much I left incomplete in New Leaf. 😅

This post just reminded me that im not sure if i ever unlocked katrina either, im gonna need to check that 😅 either i never did or it was one of the last things i did, cuz i don’t remember ever going into the building with her

I have other things as well, i didnt finish my museum, i doubt i finished many badges there were def a few i just accepted id never finish lol

I never finished the badges and I don't think I ever would even if I really tried to. There's so much that involved online and access to multiple people irl that I'd never complete it because of how remote it was where I live (and still do)

I also never finished the full diving list.

I don’t think I completed anything you can actually ‘complete’ like the museum or encyclopaedia

Getting all badges and finishing Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape are the only two things. I doubt I’ll get every badge any time in the foreseeable future, even excluding Streetpass and online stuff, but the other two seem feasible, so I’m still working towards them.

edit: I forgot, there’s one more thing. I still haven’t gotten every art piece for the museum. There’s still that left. It’s extremely tedious since Redd loves to only ever sell fake versions of new art, and the only ones that are real are the ones you already have.

Last edited:
I have two towns, I thought I had completely lost the first one for so many years til my mom happened across it.

Anyway, I booted that town up yesterday and i am literally ONE statue away from completing the museum!!! 😅

The only thing I was never able to finish in ACNL is getting all of the badges. However:
  • In my last town, I kept the Nookling store at T&T Mart rather than letting it expand further.
  • In my second and third towns, the Reset Surveillance Center was never built.
Pretty much everything else, I am a completionist. I always finish the museum, finish expanding the houses, finish getting the ABD, get high HHA scores, and perfect town scores.

Back