• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite non-Nintendo game mascot?

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
With Sonic, Crash, and Spyro being the most well known and popular video game mascot that is not from Nintendo. I decided to ask you what is your favorite game mascot outside Nintendo games.

Mine ties between Klonoa and Opa-opa because both of them are super underrated as game mascots.

I’d say Sonic, even though I’ve never played a Sonic game before haha! I’ve really gotten interested in the games lately and I hope to play all of them soon!

Does Solid Snake count? 🐍📦 You mentioned a flying spaceship character, so I think a heavy smoker, wearing spandex and crawling around in a cardboard box counts too. 😁 I in fact purchased a PS3 years ago solely for the purpose of playing Metal Gear Solid 4. 😛

Does Solid Snake count? 🐍📦 You mentioned a flying spaceship character, so I think a heavy smoker, wearing spandex and crawling around in a cardboard box counts too. 😁 I in fact purchased a PS3 years ago solely for the purpose of playing Metal Gear Solid 4. 😛
The other sentient spaceship character is Twinbee. But he's from another SHMUP series called Twinbee.

My "hyperfixation" towards game mascots in general grows more powerful everyday.

Sonic is most definitely my most favorite non-Nintendo game mascot. I liked him as much as beloved Nintendo mascots like Mario and Kirby. At one point there was a time I liked him MORE than them. I even named my first Animal Crossing town "Sonic". I was freaking 9. I honestly lost track of sonic games around 2006 or 2007 though. I had no interest in game like Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Sonic Unleashed, etc. The games in general lost appeal to me. I also really miss the Chao Garden. I did get a while Sonic Frontiers because it looks good, I just haven't played it yet.

I'd also say Banjo-Kazooie. I always loved both the characters and the games as a kid. I was so happy when they got into smash. For 3rd I'd say Ratchet & Clank.

I know he was mentioned in the OP's first post, but it's gotta be Spyro the Dragon as he's who I grew up with. I sort of wish a fourth game (continuing past Year of the Dragon or a complete remake of Enter the Dragonfly) was in the works. Crash Bandicoot continues to get love past the N. Sane Trilogy, but not much of Spyro other than cameos in the Crash spinoffs.

Sonic is the obvious one, but to stick out Ill go with Ratchet and Clank and Sackboy from Playstation. When I see Ratchet and Clank I just think PlayStation, they're the whole reason I got a PlayStation after playing the first game at a sleepover so long ago.

I loved LittleBigPlanet even if I wasn't all that creative when it came to level building, so seeing Sackboy spread out across the PS3, PSP, Vita, PS4, PS5, mobile phones and PC is great! Just sad that the style of game that he started with hasn't been revisited.

Probably Crash Bandicoot because I had a lot of fun playing his games growing up. As a kid, for me, it was either Sony or Nintendo. Anything else I came across was a random PC game.

For today, favorite icons would probably indie titles though they don't make hardware and they aren't really mascots. Digital gaming really allowed the indie games to expand. Some are very memorable some not so much. But they are varied, usually creative, and affordable.

1711995417393.jpeg

This is my favorite non-Nintendo mascot.

Oh.

Wait.

Wait a minute. Spyro's horns are kind of similar to...

Spyro - Year of the Dragon (No Label).png
Lopez NH.png

Is this why I like Lopez so much???

But wait, Bentley's horns are also somewhat similar to...

Bruce NH.png

I think I need to go to bed.

Last edited:
...If Kratos counts as a sony mascot, then probably him.

I never finished God of War, but the father son thing was very endearing for what I did play.

If Morgana from Persona 5 counts, then Morgana would be for that game. Or Jack Frost for the general Persona series (never played the other ones yet).

Back