• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you finished your museum in ACNL?

Alpawca

૮꒰˵• ༝ •˵꒱ა ♡
Bells
Zipper Sakura
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Cyan Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Lychee
Perfect Peach
Tasty Cake
Fortune Cookie
Hot Cocoa
This thread is all about discussing your progress on your museum in ACNL! Have you finished any of the exhibits, or are you close to finishing any?

Also, does anyone like to use the custom display rooms on Celeste's floor of the museum? Feel free to show those off here, too!

For me personally, I'm nearly done my bug exhibit, the only one I'm missing is... The house centipede. How exciting... ^^; I missed it last August so I'll have to grab it in a few months. I'm also only missing one fossil that I can't recall right now, and my aquarium and art exhibits are still quite far from completion.

I have all the fossils and sea creatures but the fish and bugs and art is incomplete (of course because its the art, i only got NL in 2022). I mainly use the upstairs for storage, but i do have a Halloween room, a gyroid one, and a Mario one, the other was trophies but now i have a heap of villager pics and Gracie items there :)

I've finished all the bugs, fossils, fish and sea creatures! It was a really fun time. The longest hunts were for the tarantula and saddled bichir (i hate that fish so much). I'm not a big fan of getting the art from Redd as I always have to look up a guide or talk to villagers until they offer it to me, and I just can't be bothered to do it to get the last 5 or 6 pieces I need. Maybe one day though!

I only have fossils finished, everything else is still missing quite a bit.

As for the upstairs display rooms, I'm using 3 of them but they aren't fully perfected yet. I have one room for Gulliver items, one for Nintendo items, and the third is filled with space items. Not sure what I might do with the remaining room.

Nope, the only part of my museum that I managed to finish in New Leaf were the fossils. Otherwise I'm missing a bunch of bugs, fish, sea creatures, and art. I never will complete it, but that's fine, honestly, it is what it is, lol.

i got close to finishing fish and bug but that was about it. once i had an excess in bells i started mostly focusing on decorating instead of collecting.

Yes I have. In fact, as someone who had a total of four towns within my lifetime, I completed my museum a total of four times. It’s one of the main tasks I do when developing my town. It also shows town completion.

Fossils: I've been working on digging up my daily fossils, but I still need two or three more (and RNG is not on my side).
Bugs: Very close to completion ever since I completed my first year, but I have yet to catch a scorpion and a tarantula.
Fish: About seven still needed, whose cycles I miss year after year, and if I don't, I never manage to catch them (nasty ones, like the char).
Sea creatures: One or two still missing, I never seem to play when their season comes around.

New Leaf is the only AC game I managed to complete the Museum! :) Art or diving critters was the hardest to complete of the categories from my experience.

no, i don't think i'm even close to finishing any of the exhibits. museum might be the closet to being done though. is there even a way to check when its completed? or is that not a thing in new leaf? maybe i'll get around to taking on this challenge one day of completing it.

I haven't, and I think if I'm gonna keep playing New Leaf, completing the museum would be my ultimate goal!!

It seems unbelievable to me but yes, I finished the museum🥹💕 I like to think about the fact that I never followed guides for catching critters, I just played naturally all these years. It's nice to know that I completed almost the entire museum without help!
I say "almost" because I needed 6 critters in particular when I decided to finish the museum a few months ago! Some fish, a sea creature and my arch-enemy since Wild World: the scorpion🫠 So I time traveled and followed the guide to catch them.
I also followed the guide to catch the horrible mole cricket, it was a nightmare! My town became a labyrinth of holes.
It was really difficult with the scorpion, I tried to catch it for years, but it kept running away or stinging me. I also had irrational anxiety every time I saw it which hindered me further. An anxiety due to the psychological terrorism that this little being has inflicted on me since Wild World (I was only 6 years old)😭😭😭
I'm so happy to have finished the museum, it's a truly wonderful achievement for me🥹

Unfortunately I haven't decorated the rooms of the museum yet, but it's my plan to do so! I have several ideas, like a library, a theater, Celeste's observatory and so on💕

P.s. to get my last fossil I used the soft-reset trick: once you've got the day's fossils, save your game, then have Blathers examine them. If it tells you that the collection already has those fossils, turn off without saving, turn on again and have the fossils examined again.
Do this until you find your last fossil!

Last edited:
In most of my saves I nyever even START donating to the museum... I don't know why. New Leaf has always felt way too much like a game where you have to rush getting all the upgrades before you can take it slow and do less important stuff like that to me. Maybe that's why I don't like playing it very much...

No, and I doubt I would at this point. Now yes, I could just go ahead and do it right now, but I'm lazy.

I finished my whole musuem lol, must've played it enough to do so. The stuff was all donated by my Mayor and used no one else XD

I have actually been using the other rooms~ one room has all the fortune cookie items, one holds all the plaques and trophies you get. I forget, um, one holds the miniature fossils, love those guys. I forget what the other room has!

No, but I have already donated all of the fossils in Funland.

I don't like finishing the museum, or anything else in the game, because it's too challenging, and kind of tedious, and Animal Crossing is supposed to be a relaxing game.

Back