• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something you won't miss about New Leaf?

PWPs. They were the worst thing ever and we didn't know it.

Also the inventory system is really bad haha. Hard to go back to.

Rather than me missing this from New Leaf, I think New Horizon's new feature of sending mail to friends is so nice
I've always wanted that! ! ! So happy when I saw that revealed!!!

There’s another thing I wouldn’t miss about ACNL: trying to unlock PWPs.

I try the diving trick to unlock some PWPs, but animals always ask me useless questions or ask about nicknames/catchphrases/greetings. This is very annoying. To make matters worse, you can only unlock one PWP suggestion a day, and it may not be something you’ll want.

Adding that I don't miss tanning

I never held an umbrella, so I was just always super tan.

It's a weird one, but new flowers spawning every day when you have a beautiful town ordinance in effect. I know it's much better than letting them wither and weeds growing, but when you don't play for quite some time, you'll be greeted by flowers slowly invading your town. And I'm that kind of person who doesn't want to shovel them up, so it's a pain having to go back and forth to Re-tail selling flowers.

Oh, and bamboo shoots growing too if you don't shovel them up before the next day.

I'm definitely not gonna miss being able to hold only a certain amount of letters in your inventory, I'm glad that's changed now.

Even though I did like storing items in letters.

I would also add. The idea that villagers can just put their home wherever you want. I mean seriously that feature was so broken and sometimes they would put their homes over your flowers which is so annoying. Thank goodness they made to where we can control where to put their homes in New Horizions.

Out of everything, I will not miss the bad luck side of the luck system. lol Tripping randomly at the worst time got old!

PUBLIC WORK PROJECTS being locked behind villager rng!!! Like what do you MEAN I have to wait for a sisterly villager to tell me all about a bus stop before I can pitch in making a bus stop 😭 it honestly deterred me from fully completing my town, I really wanted to decorate the outdoors but I just could not get the villagers to recommend the PWPs I needed.

reading all these responses made me realize i had so much patience to deal with some of these frustrating features 😂

i am so glad to no longer be anxious opening my game in case some ugly villager decided to plop their stupid house in a stupid place ever again

After picking the game back up and playing around for a few hours last week I instinctively just closed it out and lost everything I did for the day, so as much as I liked Resetti and how mean he was I don't miss not having a back up when I forget to save. Besides that I think the limited pocket space and the way storage works have been the trickiest things to go back to!

From what I can think of, I don't miss flowers being completely destroyed if you run through them, smaller home storage space, and the fact that our characters can only be fair skinned!
edit: and i didn't hate that villagers moved in and out willy nilly, but i think i do prefer how it was in wild world where villagers had randomized but specific places they could move to

I won't miss having to get my irl skin tone in game by tanning on the island or manipulating the value via an editor o_O

Also appreciate that ACNH has the technology to have fruit/balloons land on path designs you put down without disappearing to another plane of existence lol

It was super annoying to have that little (//Looks like someone's here!//) or (//Looks like someone's leaving.//) or even (//Looks like someone arrived on the island!//) message show up on your screen. The popup itself isn't the issue, it's that so many players don't or can't give notice before they're coming or going. This means that if you're pursuing a rare creature, you have to stop what you're doing for the game to save and reload the map- and once it does, the creature is just gone. This was also a big issue for me on Tortimer Islands- you're trying to exchange FC's with somebody and then game crashes or disconnects right after somebody joins or leaves.

Besides that, it has a lot of QOL issues that make things tedious like others have mentioned, but they can mostly be amended with mod packs or plugins. But then you have to worry about your game crashing more frequently if you're on an older 3ds model like I am.

Grass dying 💀

It’s so frustrating when the game discourages u from speeding through the island as I believe that sprinting is my only skill in AC

I agree, I definitely disliked how the villagers just plonk their house down anywhere the amount of flowers they destroyed 😭 I remember spending hours upon hours resetting so that my dreamies would move into the right spot and I don't miss that at all 😗

My qualms with every AC game is the load times. I understand that people like the multiplayer aspect, but I can't imagine it getting any slower. Sometimes you play AC to relax, but sometimes you just gotta hustle, ya-know-wha'-I'm-sayinnn?

Limited storage and how you access it. I deeply miss being able to see all my clothes and change them in one place and being able to see what I have in storage without having to tap or hover over every single thing.

the inventory is probably my biggest complaint. it's too limited! also the storage at home is so annoying because you need to hover over each item to see what it is. super happy with the build mode in acnh.

like many others, i wont miss the villagers putting their houses wherever and moving out whenever they want to as well.

Back