• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you going to miss about Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Since we're on the topic of bidding farewell to ACNL and it's wifi servers, we're going to talk about what we'll miss about ACNL.

For me, it's Wolf Link my beloved.
00.jpg

001.jpg

(pictures are from my now deleted ACNL save file.)
Because he's one of my favorite villagers along with Lolly. I'm honestly sad that he didn't make the cut to the new Animal Crossing entry because I thought he's a cool addition to the game along with the fortune cookie items in New Leaf.

Second feature I'm going to miss is Tortimer Island since it's one of the best features of New Leaf for me. (beetle farming is OP in ACNL)
Third feature I'm going to miss is the full-on customization of Town Halls and further expansion of shops (especially Gracie Grace).

What are the features/things you're going to miss about ACNL?

I think at the time of release i was so desperate to have a title that was on a handheld device, as the wii version was not one of my favourites in the franchise, it just felt cosy how i could just be in bed and be snuggled up and in the comfort of my own town as Mayor with all the major improvements like the Public Works Projects, they were one of the best improvements for me as it really let me decorate my town to my liking!

I don't think I have played a game more than I have played New Leaf and it brings back so many great memories! If I were to pick one thing that I will miss about New Leaf it is the gardening/town design aspect of the game. I spent so many hours planning my town out meticulously and thinking through things to eventually create the masterpiece I imagined. During the time of life I was going through, I found it very therapeutic. Because of my love for New Leaf gardening (along for my love of the great outdoors), it unlocked my love for gardening IRL. :)

Iam still going to try and play, its just gonna be sad alot of the activities we could play via tortimers island. That's what I felt was a HUGE part in new leaf (something we needed for NH, i honestly don't know what people do together on the island).
And meeting new people on tortimers island too!

Im gonna miss dream addresses, and for people who only have one copy of the game; theyre gonna miss getting signatures from other towns.

When New Leaf was the latest game, I used my second town to get villagers in boxes for people; that was so fun!

I haven't played NL online in ages with anyone, but I think I will miss the idea that we won't be able to go online to play minigames anymore. NH has superb graphics, but the online pales in comparison to what NL offered. Having it gone for good and never being able to play online with others on club tortimer is kind of sad.

Reactions: Doo
I'm gonna miss the perfect and tropical fruits. For NH being on an island, it really is amazing how they just forget to add the tropical fruits in. It would've been perfect!
Post automatically merged:

The music. I wish they’d add like a set of earphones you could use with the nook phone to play music from old games rather than thre NH music
This 100%, I still don't like the NH hourly music at all. It's so dull.

I'm gonna miss the perfect and tropical fruits. For NH being on an island, it really is amazing how they just forget to add the tropical fruits in. It would've been perfect!
Post automatically merged:

This 100%, I still don't like the NH hourly music at all. It's so dull.
It doesn't help that the music is pretty much just the main theme redone a bunch of different ways. It's very samey.

The online minigames that you can play with others, the amount of shops you can unlock compared to NH, the amount of holiday-specific events that there are, etc. A lot of my best memories are from the era of New Leaf, and I don't think something that special will be able to be recreated again.

Random meet ups with people on Tortimer’s Island was always fun. I met one of my best friends in AC:NL on Tortimer’s Island. I remember my friends helping me carry flower hybrids so I could decorate the island. I’m also gonna miss the music. I love AC:NH and all but the AC:NL music is unmatched. I feel nostalgic every time I hear it somewhere like Tik Tok. Sometimes I’d sit on the bench on Main Street at night and just listen to the soundtrack. I was so much younger and had more free time back then. I wish I could go back sometimes.

OH MAN! I'm so going to miss Tortimer's Island when I could invite my friends to do it online to do all the minigames.

As much as I like ACNH, I still love ACNL the most as it had the most amount of stuff I could do. I remember frantically trying to get Gracie's approval by checking what she wanted in the morning, frantically looking over my catalogue to see if I had anything that fit, then order it and wait until I got the mail.

I also really love Katie! I would feel so bad when I wouldn't have anyone to give her to.

The minigame island was so a cool idea. I want it back so baaad 😭

The music is a big one for me; there's just something really pleasant and soothing, and sometimes melancholic about New Leaf's music that I really love. I'll sometimes actively go to listen to tracks on Youtube and stuff, which isn't something I ever do for the background music from New Horizons.
I'll also miss some items and flora that haven't returned to the series yet—perfect fruit, ores and gems other than gold, violets, dandelions and clovers, the old Rococo furniture designs, Princess and Gorgeous furniture sets, the lily lamp!! which I was never able to obtain sadly, but it's still my favorite piece of furniture from New Leaf

Making friends and chatting with others on Club Tortimer before the feature went downhill and littered with hackers.

club tortimer and the music. especially the music!
i feel like new horizons just doesn't have the chops when it comes to the music, but i still love it

Something I am going to miss about New Leaf which is more to do with the 3ds is being able to play with others online for free without membership.

I miss not needing to pay for online access and just being able to play with others :(

Oh, everything about NL!
If I had to choose a couple, one would be the megaphone tool!!!! I used that so much when I played because I couldn't find my villagers or NPCs hahaha would be some what tricky though, when i had Kidd and Kitt in my town at the same time
And like someone else said, the music! (And of course, the unbreakable tools :^P)

🍃 the large variety of fruits
🍃 sheep wearing scarves not shirts
🍃 having so many shop upgrades and a dedicated „city“
🍃 minigames
🍃 the music!!!

Back