• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which items from New Leaf do you miss in New Horizons?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
There are so many clothing and decorating items that did not make it to New Horizons!! I miss how things were categorized into groups like "ornate" or "fairy tale" or "quirky"

A lot of the clothing items were either changed, or removed entirely.

Sure, there is an array of new clothing and furniture items, but I just can't help but miss these ones from New Leaf! I miss being able to give these clothing items to my villagers to wear...

Here are some clothing items I miss that they removed, or changed:

And here are some furniture series that I also miss from New Leaf!!

Are there any items from New Leaf (or previous games) that you miss in New Horizons??

Oh there are a lot:
Caterpillar sofa
Caterpillar_Sofa_NL_Model.png

Cosmos fan
Cosmos_Fan_%28White%29_NL_Model.png

Fairy bottle
Fairy_Bottle_NL_Model.png

Firefly lamp
Firefly_Lamp_NL_Model.png

Giraffe ruler

Giraffe_Ruler_NL_Model.png

Glass teapot
Glass_Teapot_%28Rose-Hip_Tea%29_NL_Model.png

Heavy tome
Heavy_Tome_NL_Model.png

Ivy partition
Ivy_Partition_%28Brown%29_NL_Model.png

Leaf bed
Leaf_Bed_NL_Model.png

Lily lamp
Lily_Lamp_NL_Model.png

Model sailor
Model_Sailor_NL_Model.png

Museum clock
Museum_Clock_NL_Model.png

Owl clock
Owl_Clock_NL_Model.png

Sapling clock
Sapling_Clock_NL_Model.png

Snail clock
Snail_Clock_NL_Model.png

Sprout table
Sprout_Table_NL_Model.png

Stained-glass lamp
Stained-Glass_Lamp_%28Colorful%29_NL_Model.png

Sunflower stereo
Sunflower_Stereo_NL_Model.png

Trellis
Trellis_%28Blue_Flower%29_NL_Model.png

Violet screen
Violet_Screen_%28Violet%29_NL_Model.png

Wendell's painting
Wendell%27s_Painting_NL_Model.png

Yarn basket
Yarn_Basket_NL_Model.png

Zen tea set
Zen_Tea_Set_%28Bean_Rice_Cake%29_NL_Model.png

+ the entire mush series (I know we have an equivalent in ACNH but the ACNL version is cuter imo). There are also pieces I miss from the green series, the blue series, the classic series and the sweets series.

If public works projects also count then I'd love to see these again as well:
Bell
Bell_NL_Model.png

Bus stop
Bus_Stop_NL_Model.png

Café
Caf%C3%A9_NL_Model.png

Chair sculpture
Chair_Sculpture_NL_Model.png

Flower arch
Flower_Arch_NL_Model.png

Flower clock
Flower_Clock_NL_Model.png
Instrument shelter
Instrument_Shelter_NL_Model.png

Tulip topiary
Tulip_Topiary_NL_Model.png

Windmill (!!!!!)
Windmill_NL_Model.png

Honestly I'm probably missing some, there are so many good ones.

I love all of the new furniture in ACNH so I don't want to complain, but I am pretty surprised that all of these got left out. It's a pretty close call but I do think ACNL has my favourite furniture overall because of the pieces I listed here, as well as all of the series that never made it to NH. I will say though, I do prefer the clothing in NH and I can't think of anything that I especially miss from NL in that regard.

Oh there are a lot:
Caterpillar sofa
Caterpillar_Sofa_NL_Model.png

Cosmos fan
Cosmos_Fan_%28White%29_NL_Model.png

Fairy bottle
Fairy_Bottle_NL_Model.png

Firefly lamp
Firefly_Lamp_NL_Model.png

Giraffe ruler

Giraffe_Ruler_NL_Model.png

Glass teapot
Glass_Teapot_%28Rose-Hip_Tea%29_NL_Model.png

Heavy tome
Heavy_Tome_NL_Model.png

Ivy partition
Ivy_Partition_%28Brown%29_NL_Model.png

Leaf bed
Leaf_Bed_NL_Model.png

Lily lamp
Lily_Lamp_NL_Model.png

Model sailor
Model_Sailor_NL_Model.png

Museum clock
Museum_Clock_NL_Model.png

Owl clock
Owl_Clock_NL_Model.png

Sapling clock
Sapling_Clock_NL_Model.png

Snail clock
Snail_Clock_NL_Model.png

Sprout table
Sprout_Table_NL_Model.png

Stained-glass lamp
Stained-Glass_Lamp_%28Colorful%29_NL_Model.png

Sunflower stereo
Sunflower_Stereo_NL_Model.png

Trellis
Trellis_%28Blue_Flower%29_NL_Model.png

Violet screen
Violet_Screen_%28Violet%29_NL_Model.png

Wendell's painting
Wendell%27s_Painting_NL_Model.png

Yarn basket
Yarn_Basket_NL_Model.png

Zen tea set
Zen_Tea_Set_%28Bean_Rice_Cake%29_NL_Model.png

+ the entire mush series (I know we have an equivalent in ACNH but the ACNL version is cuter imo). There are also pieces I miss from the green series, the blue series, the classic series and the sweets series.

If public works projects also count then I'd love to see these again as well:
Bell
Bell_NL_Model.png

Bus stop
Bus_Stop_NL_Model.png

Café
Caf%C3%A9_NL_Model.png

Chair sculpture
Chair_Sculpture_NL_Model.png

Flower arch
Flower_Arch_NL_Model.png

Flower clock
Flower_Clock_NL_Model.png
Instrument shelter
Instrument_Shelter_NL_Model.png

Tulip topiary
Tulip_Topiary_NL_Model.png

Windmill (!!!!!)
Windmill_NL_Model.png

Honestly I'm probably missing some, there are so many good ones.

I love all of the new furniture in ACNH so I don't want to complain, but I am pretty surprised that all of these got left out. It's a pretty close call but I do think ACNL has my favourite furniture overall because of the pieces I listed here, as well as all of the series that never made it to NH. I will say though, I do prefer the clothing in NH and I can't think of anything that I especially miss from NL in that regard.
YESS omg how could I forget about a majority of these?? The FAIRY BOTTLE!!!

IMG_5213.jpeg
IMG_5214.jpeg
IMG_5215.jpeg
IMG_5218.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg
IMG_5221.jpeg
IMG_5229.jpeg
IMG_5230.jpeg
IMG_5232.jpeg
IMG_5216.jpeg
IMG_5220.jpeg
IMG_5225.jpeg
IMG_5226.jpeg
IMG_5227.jpeg
IMG_5228.jpeg
moth-orchid.jpg
rose-sofa.jpg
sapling-clock.jpg
IMG_5217.jpeg
IMG_5222.jpeg
IMG_5223.jpeg
IMG_5224.png

I think about the Sweets Sofa, Snow Bunny, Egg Lamp, Jellyfish Lamp, Snowman Matryoshka, Aurora Screen, Marshmallow Chair, Morning Glory, and Pikman a lot. They were some of my absolute favourite items, and I’m still so bummed that none of them made it to New Horizons. I especially liked the noise the Pikman item made when you interacted with it. :c

I thought the Caterpillar Sofa, Snowman Lamp, Flower Bouquet, Gaudí’s Lizard, Lily Lamp, Lotus Lamp, Moth Orchid, Rose Sofa, and Sapling Clock were super cool as well! I didn’t really play New Leaf anymore when the WA update came out, so I didn’t get to see many of the new items, but the ones I did see were all amazing! I especially liked Wendall’s Painting and Candy House, and the Cornstalks and Cucco Ornament items would’ve been awesome to have for farm areas.

I honestly miss all of the items and sets from New Leaf, as well as a bunch of the PWPS. Forever mourning the Tulip Topiary, Flower Arch, Illuminated Arch, Fairy-tale Bridge, and Illuminated Heart.

Last edited:
I think I miss a lot of things, but it's mostly wacky whimsical furniture. For example the sweet series furniture set.

NH really doesn't have that. Most of the furniture lost that appeal and feels more modern. It's why when the game was first launched I just did not care for the furniture and didn't bother being serious about decorating until the final big update. It felt so generic at the time when the options were so limited and everyone ended up having the same house set-ups. It's a lot better now then pre-update launch.

unbreakable tools. nuff said
Yeah this was really dumb. I can get the first tier tools breaking, but after that it shouldn't had been a thing. They ripped the note out of Botw and just ran with it. It's bad mechanics all around. No one likes tools breaking. We would deal with it when we were upstarts on a deserted island, but at a certain point we want to feel like we made it to the top. And when gold tools break it's kind of a letdown.

I don't miss anything. There are so many items in NH my inventory and storage would be so crowded with even more lol

I miss the corn stalks so much. I was certain with the introduction to the garden we would be getting corn back. In the trailer where they introduced the crops we could grow I thought they mentioned more crops to come. Because they listed off all the crops and then soon after mentioned that there were more to find out about. I probably misunderstood them, but it feels like a missed opportunity not to have had corn, watermelon, and some others (since NL had watermelon and corn as furniture pieces)

This beauty:
1703947693469.png

They brought back the larger cars so this was definitely a missed opportunity :( It would have suited the island theme too. I live in a country where tuktuks are the main form of taxi transport so I would have loved to use these around.

This thread made me go down the "moridb rabbit hole" and definitely made me feel very nostalgic. Other than more plants from ACNL I miss the store/career related items like the beauty salon cart and chair. ACNH is so much about decorating yet they omitted some really good furniture sets that would make a build... more complete. Like the cubbyhole for schools or spas or essential things like dentist chair which would compliment the hospital stuff. Also iirc ACNL had some cool dividers, like the glass one.

Lastly, I miss the nintendog ornaments and other items that would make good "pets" or livestock, like the cucco ornament.

200px-Rainbow_Screen_NL_Model.png
1703966296937.png
1703966383839.png
1703966424017.png

the rainbow screen, the macaron player - actually, the entire sweets series. and the harvest series, but that's just cause i was a big fan of the colors. also, the 7-eleven items ??? that was crazy and i want a model of 7-eleven in my house. or even a big version to put outside.

it seems like, with new horizons, they went with a more realistic furniture direction. which isn't necessarily a problem, but i really miss the more whimsical, wacky items.

also, doubling unbreakable tools. sigh.

all the bonsai varieties!! as cute as the bonsai shelf item is, collecting all of these was so fun

64px-Azalea_Bonsai_NL_Model.png
64px-Hawthorn_Bonsai_NL_Model.png
64px-Holly_Bonsai_NL_Model.png
64px-Jasmine_Bonsai_NL_Model.png
64px-Maple_Bonsai_NL_Model.png
64px-Plum_Bonsai_NL_Model.png
64px-Quince_Bonsai_NL_Model.png

another one i have seen mentioned elsewhere but not sure if it counts for this thread: customization projects for the town hall/train station. imagine the possibilities!!! i always thought the town square in ACNH stuck out like a sore thumb especially in urban/city style islands

800px-Town-Hall_Renovation_2_NL_Model.png
800px-Town-Hall_Renovation_4_NL_Model.png

I just wanted to add that there are certain items that made it from New leaf into New Horizons, HOWEVER their design has changed into a more "modern" style design. For example:

in New leaf, the stewpot, was adorable and rustic!

but in New Horizons, they changed it to look more modern.. like it's straight from the kitchen of a chain restaurant...it just doesn't look "cute" anymore!

Also.. the way they changed the Pinafore... whyyy? This was the old one:

New one...

pretty much everything :< i like new horizons well enough, but it still feels like a half baked idea in comparison to any of the earlier games.

garden-tools-jpg.413490

The garden tools. Seriously, why is it not in the game? Farmcore players are straight up DROOLING over this item!

Furthermore, look at this guy: -->
images.jpg

If you wanna look exactly like him in New Horizons, YOU CAN'T HAHA! The Team NTDO Tee is absent and so is the Tan Dogtooth Pants, leaving his Basketball Shoes the only thing of his outfit in the game.
If you want to actually dress up like him in New Horizons, you're going to have to get a custom design of the Team NTDO Tee and wear Python Print Slacks with the aforementioned shoes for it to work.

I miss a lot of the furniture series like the lovely series, the regal series, the rococo series, the princess series, the sweets series, etc. I also miss some of the clothes like the rose dresses and the ballet dress.

Last edited:
There are a lot of items from Welcome Amiibo that didn't make it to New Horizons...though I understand, since these are crossover items, and are very unlikely to return, but I would love to see them back!

1705314022327.png
1705314027911.png
1705314032511.jpeg
1705314048673.jpeg

Examples are all of the Callie and Marie clothing pieces from the Splatoon crossover, the flower fairy outfit from the Puzzle League minigame, and the Fueki-themed furniture sets that you'd get in Japan back in 2017 when you spoke to Harvey while connected to the internet.

Back