• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something you won't miss about New Leaf?

Snowifer

Fish
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Although NH left us with some things to be desired for quality of life, I def don't miss some things like tripping on bad luck days.

There's also villagers plopping down houses anywhere and bring able to move out even if you didnt want them to.

So what won't you miss?

Villagers being able to move out, I'd say that's the #1 thing, lol. NH is definitely an improvement in that department.

Other than that not too much. Resetti was somewhat annoying, but I did kind of enjoy him being in the games.

Not being able to run on grass lest it become a barren wasteland

Also flowers wilting and villagers moving in and out wherever they please!
Both these, plus dealing with hackers on tortimer's Island. I didn't have much problems, but there has been some nightmare stories I've heard, and I ain't fond of it.
And the only way you could allow people to move into a single spot was to place patterns EVERYWHERE other than the one area the house could get into. It was such a hassle. I have to still deal with that since Pudge and Avery are still in my town where I don't want them there.

And lil nickpik but having to also deal with a buried pitfall each day

I have to agree with the previous posters. The grass disappearing and the villagers coming and going (and often destroying paths and flower gardens in the process) is my number 1 issue as well.

Going back to NL also made me realise how very limited the decoration options are. I wish I could place furniture outside!

Not being able to run on grass lest it become a barren wasteland

Also flowers wilting and villagers moving in and out wherever they please!

I agree with all of these, though I feel like we still need a way to balance flowers better even in NH. Not having them wilt is great but it’s also way too easy to be completely overrun by them which is annoying too.

Lack of QoL compared to NH. I love new leaf, but my god its so frustrating to play again sometimes because I'm so used to certain NH features 🥲🥲

Especially the storage system! In NH you can actually see what is in there, in NL you have to hover over everything. Also doesn't help I have a Japanese copy now and some Japanese names don't match the english names 😅

The number one thing I will not miss about ACNL is how animals are free to move anywhere in town, including in front of your house. In previous games, the most frustrating part of the game is catching a sea bass (even when they had their own unique disadvantages). But this one is worse than catching a sea bass.

probably the limited inventory and villagers moving out as they please. i don't mind the grass deterioration since i had dirt paths and personally felt like i had to run along them religiously to even make the grass wear away enough lol.

I certainly won't miss the random villager house spawns, plot resetting for the right spot is painful. Especially when you try to make paths and then someone moved in the middle of the path out of nowhere.

Of course, I didn't experience flower deterioration because of the beauty ordinance.

Villagers randomly leaving under your nose (or hearing about one intending to move out and hoping they ping you to dissuade them)

Things like fruits not stacking automatically when you pick them up! We take that for granted in NH lol. Small inventory and having to carry 10 things in letters to expand it 💀

Resetti jump scaring me when I wanted to exit without saving.

Also villagers leaving without warning. I liked how in NH I can not play for a couple of days and come back to all of my villagers still being in one place.

New villagers moving in in the worst spots :rolleyes:
Also not being able to put furniture outside and having limited slots for public works.

10000% agree on villagers plopping their houses wherever and being scared that they might just leave one day

I also didn’t like the randomness of PWP requests

Villagers putting their house everywhere, on paths, near bridges, in front of your house.

Villagers being able to move out without my permission, like some independent being with free will. Outrageous.
Also new villagers putting their houses in the worst places. Truly the horror.

Villagers just putting homes wherever they please. We were mayor so it should've made sense that we had a right where their home goes. The pwp I suppose after using NH's furniture placement, but at the same time NL is now 12 years old so it's kind of understandable that it's dated, but NH's way is a lot better.

The limitation in outdoor decoration and villagers moving without warning. NH improved so much for me.

Back