• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will you continue playing New Leaf once the event ends?

I think I will! At least for a little bit. I've been having fun rearranging some rooms and adding things from the welcome amiibo update. Want to make sure I trade for all the items I don't have access to myself before the shutdown

I will! I never did finish my second playthrough of the game. I reset after the Welcome Amiibo update, but never really delve into it. Now that I have all these amiibo cards thanks to their re-release, I feel like it opens up much more options for decorating and villagers I can have. It'll feel like a new game for a while, that's for sure! Just have to make sure I have at least one of all the online exclusive items before they're gone forever.

Probably just until the shutdown, want to check some dream towns and go on hacker hunt in club tortimer lol.
Plus i want to also make sure I'll have the furniture I might need/want in the future.

After that I'll probably stop playing, since I hadn't played for so long before the event either.

Definitely! I love New Leaf so much… nothing will ever change that! I loved playing it as a young child and still enjoy it every time I open the game. I am not sure I’ll ever stop playing ACNL! 💚

Probably will keep doing what I've been doing, check in for a week or so every few months when the itch strikes

I'll definitely be playing daily until I can stop someone from moving away though! :p

it's been nice to check in on new leaf and i've done some cleanup to try to make my island more navigable. i don't know how much more time i can spend on it though. i don't own many 3ds games so i don't reach for it as much as my switch. this event has definitely made me want to keep tabs on my town every few weeks or so?

I will, even if it's not consistent. I still haven't decorated with all the welcome amiibo items I have scattered around my town lmao. Playing again gave me the warm fuzzies, there's just so much more attachment for me to New Leaf. New Horizons feels like an exciting adventure, but New Leaf feels like home, and I associate the latter feeling more with the Animal Crossing franchise. I will miss the online shenanigans, a lot... I can only hope the new AC will be able to recreate that experience.

I’ll definitely stick to playing new leaf long after the servers close and this event ends. It was such a big part of my middle school years that I have grown to love it. I remember being around 9 years old and watching chuggaconroy and being so jealous that he had New Leaf and I only had Wild World. The first day I played new leaf fulfilled a dream I had for such a long time, so yeah, I’m gonna play New Leaf for many more years ❤️

I just wanted to say that it's so funny because I had this exact same experience with New Leaf too!

That’s amazing! Did you watch chuggaconroy a lot as well?

Yes! And Thebitblock, and I did exactly the same as you. Went back to playing Wild World while watching the playthroughs until I got a 3ds + New Leaf!

Yes! And Thebitblock, and I did exactly the same as you. Went back to playing Wild World while watching the playthroughs until I got a 3ds + New Leaf!
That’s so cool! I was so jealous that I didn’t have new leaf and I would be so upset but I still loved living vicariously through those let’s plays 😂

Back