• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will you continue playing New Leaf once the event ends?

Cheremtasy

Lost in the memories
Bells
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Lily
White Lily
The Farewell to New leaf event has caused a lot of us to dig up our 3DS' and copies of New Leaf, but I'm curious if there's anyone who will continue playing once the event has ended, and if so, what's your motivation to continue playing? 🤔 Or are you just picking up the game for the MEOW Coupons and bells? Or maybe you've been playing New Leaf already, in which case, how have you felt seeing other members pick up the game again? 👀

It's unfortunate timing since I'm quite busy irl, but picking up New Leaf again has motivated me to work on getting the rest of my permanent villagers and finish/re-do some of the rooms in my house. I forgot that when I last played, I only had 4 dreamies/permies. If I recall, a lot of my planned dreamies didn't work out and I had kicked out at least two (rip Goldie and Beau) because I was unhappy with their houses/plots (I recently brought them back in though, and now in the correct spots!). I want to try reworking the rest of my villagers though because I had a bunch of temporary ones, I guess with my tastes changing over the years and some villagers just weren't vibing with me when I thought they would. I'll be sticking to the amiibo cards have as well to make my life easier, so my options are somewhat limited but thankfully my collection is decent enough. 🥹 I had also demolished like half the rooms in my house when I last played, so I'd really like to finish those off if I can. I definitely need to get on making a list just in case I need to do some online trading though. 😅

I definitely plan on continuing to play it! As far as the shopping village goes, I STILL need to unlock the cafe in the museum and the final upgrade of Timmy and Tommy's shop as well. There's also other things I want to continue to work on in the game, even though online functionality will be no more. :blush:

Yeah I plan on playing indefinitely until something happens where I really grow bored of it or somehow I lose my copy, it gets corrupted, or my 3ds dies.
I definitely plan on continuing to play it! As far as the shopping village goes, I STILL need to unlock the cafe in the museum and the final upgrade of Timmy and Tommy's shop as well. There's also other things I want to continue to work on in the game, even though online functionality will be no more. :blush:
I think I still need to do the train station upgrade myself. So I don't know if I'll ever get that one done when online goes down haha. If you need some help seeing towards those goals, hit me up and I'll help where I can.

Probably a little bit, but I was largely finished with my town already. I'll probably decorate a bit since I've started buying the items I needed to trade online for, check out some last-minute dream addresses, and stop someone from moving out again in case I ever want to play again in the future. Otherwise though I don't feel like there's much left for me to do in Moonfall.

I'm currently planning a playthrough of Pokémon Ultra Sun as the next game on my docket so I can transfer those Ultra Beasts into Pokémon Home. I think I'm going to want to stick around in New Leaf though, probably just a little bit during that time and then moreso after I complete my objective.

I don't have a 3DS anymore so sadly no. I will remember the fond memories I had playing it though.

I always get a craving for Desert Island Escape, so every 3 or 4 months I’ll go back and play that, but as for playing New Leaf itself, probably not. This event was a beautiful way to give it some closure.

New Leaf holds a special place in my heart. It's the title that introduced me and got me hooked on this series, brought me to this awesome forum, and introduced me to some amazing pals. I don't think I will ever stop playing it and will keep returning to reminisce on those memories as well, haha. I still have multiple things I would like to complete such as the catalogue after the major update (RIP my once-complete catalogue 🥲).

I was actually playing New Leaf pretty actively for a few weeks before this event even started hehe. but yes, of course I'll keep playing 💗 I'm very sad that the servers are shutting down, but at least I'll be able to do local play sometimes and ofc New Horizons is always an option ☺️

I think I will be for a little bit. I am pretty close to getting my town "finished" so I'd really like to do that but I expect it to take a bit longer than the event.

I left my towns covered in items on the floor and no trees (certain villager's aren't leaving and the only best way to force a villager to move into one spot without them destroying my flowers or trees); so I will need to fix that.
My first town despite getting a lot ready, isn't complete, my mayors house and other players houses aren't complete. The other players haven't done as much as my mayor.

Same for my other town,and that one I have less ideas on who I want to live on there. I have another digital town I can use for random stuff and trying out villagers.
I forgot how fun the game was, definintely the mini games and tortimer's Island. Could and would spend hours on there for the right amount of medals. Something I could also share with my irl friend and play it together.

I’ve really enjoyed revisiting Feldspar, but there are simply so many video games I want to enjoy, so sadly it will probably go back into retirement once this event is over. I’m extremely busy with work (I’m currently playing Pokemon Violet if that indicates anything about my video game backlog) so it’s just hard to keep up with lots of games at once. Plus, I’ve never actually finished my NH town, so whenever I return to Animal Crossing, it’s typically to flesh out another area of THAT town. I love these events, though, so I might swing into another phase of playing New Horizons once it’s over to continue to get my Animal Crossing fix!

Probably not tbh lol. I turned on my game to take the required photos for events and haven't touched it since.

I didn't know the forum was organizing this series of events for New Leaf, so when I saw all these beautiful initiatives I was very happy, also because I finished my town about two weeks ago so I was already quite active in the New Leaf fandom in general, but there were few people who continued to play like me. You can imagine how happy I am to see all the new posts dedicated to the game from so many different people, we all gathered to say our final farewell to this wonderful game, to remember all our experiences and let it go with a smile.
I will obviously continue to play as long as I can, my town of New Leaf is like a second home and that's exactly what I need when I want to relax. And then I still have some things to finish💕 (*coff* interiors *coff*)

I’m not sure if I will. I might pick it up occasionally if I have time. It has been fun going back. Unfortunately I don’t have the time for both New Leaf and New Horizons so I will probably just go back to playing New Horizons.

Back