• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you miss about New Leaf?

I miss:

-the crab clock
- the complete sloppy set
- the rainbow screen
- all the other furniture that didnt make it to NH
- Tortimer's Island + the minigames
- the small things like how villagers would show you the mail you wrote, or when they'd ask you to bury a time capsule
- Perfect fruit and exotic fruit
- the music
- the growing town tree!!

I just miss the progression of having like 30 days between each upgrade. It makes the game last so much longer.

the music, the new leaf only events (like april fools day) and honestly the simplicity of it. i know a lot of people like the customization in new horizons, but for me, not being able to change a lot and just add a little bit of my own "flair" is what i enjoyed the most about older animal crossing games. i liked how rustic and homely the old games locations would feel. new horizon feels like its "pretty" just to be "pretty", while i vastly prefer the more natural state of new leaf.

I would say the music, tropical fruits, Tortimer’s island, furniture customization, and LUCKY CLOVERS (beats me why that is not added to New Horizons) 🍀! Even though New Horizons has its charms, I feel like New Leaf is a more fleshed out AC in my opinion. It just has more of that feel about it if that makes sense?

I know this is hitting the same points as everyone else. but...
The Dialogue and The MUSIC / SFX
How was it so charming and cute and poignant? I can't believe how much I missed these feels.
And the lil chibi characters with their pot-belly stature... OMG so dang cute. I missed it and didn't even realize it.

I really love and miss the mail system. I pretty much never send mail to my villagers in New Horizons because it just feels out of the way and sort of pointless. I like how New Leaf uses mail in order to give your villagers presents and I also think the stationary selection is so much better!

Back