• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something you won't miss about New Leaf?

super-limited pocket space and limited design slots! I really appreciate the expanded slots of ACNH. Also don't miss villgers moving in and out wherever they want and whenever they want. That was pretty stressful because sometimes they'd try to build houses over my rare flowers LOL.

i definitely will not miss villagers moving out if you couldn’t catch them to tell them not to 😩 i think that was probably the main reason i stopped playing new leaf. i remember being so heartbroken that shep moved out. the process of having to cycle through (was it 16?) villagers just to be able to get him back was so frustrating, especially when i had to let go of a few more dreamies (and eventually cycle for them too) to make it easier. there have been several times throughout the years that i’ve wanted to check in on my town but i dreaded the thought of coming back to someone else gone.

I agree with everyone that says villagers moving out without saying anything. New villagers moving wherever they want and destroying flowers and paths.Even though some of the PWP were really nice it was too limited as to where you could place them. The lack design spots since mine are just paths.

Easily villagers changing their clothing during random conversations without your consent. I hated staying outside of my town for more than 5 minutes, as I wanted my villagers to keep their clothing as when they moved in.

(Pretty sure there were other people not like me who were also like that.)

Many things...

1. Villagers moving in random spots
2. Villagers randomly moving out
3. Not designing villager homes
4. Grass deterioration
5. Flowers dying with no water
6. Not being able to decorate outside

Just from my memory.

As others have said, villagers being able to move wherever they want potentially destroying flowers and such, I really like how in NH you decide where the plot goes, that's the way it should be. Also the inventory space and the mail box in NL are both way too small, even for the time I think they could have given us more space, same goes for custom design codes, like just let me save it to the SD.

Villagers moving out on their own, definitely, and them just plopping their houses down wherever they liked. ;; For a while I appreciated the randomness of it, but sometimes they'd pick a really inconvenient spot, and I eventually started laying down patterns everywhere I didn't want them to be lol.

Also grass deterioration was the bane of my existence and I'm so glad it's gone. I liked having dirt paths in some places, but in others it just looked bad, but was sometimes hard to avoid walking over where the only available paths were narrow. orz Thankfully New Horizons just lets me put dirt pathing wherever I want, though I do miss the more natural edging (and can't be bothered to use custom patterns instead).

The inventory is also brutally small, even with the added storage option, and it's rough not being able to see your items, only the names when you tap on them. 🥲 I'm at the point where the extra museum exhibit rooms are just my external storage units now.

The number one thing I won’t miss is not being able to change your skin tone permanently. at least Tortimer Island let’s you tan year long. but imo they could have easily implemented a change your skin tone feature in shampoodle just like how you can change your eye color there.

The limited pocket space never bothered me, to be honest.. it got me being creative though, putting all my tools in my letters LOL
I love the old Animal Crossing games as they are but if I had to say something, I don't really miss the fact that shop keepers formally greet you every time you walk in and out of the store.

I definitely won’t miss the storage space situation, organizing was / is such a pain. I also don’t like the fact that checking what I already have in my catalog was such a tedious thing to do up, so much easier in new horizons. flowers dying without water is also something I won’t miss, but I guess that’s real life stuff lol. I also wish there was a chat log? I felt like it disappeared way too fast and then I miss what was said. also was it just me or was loading times really slow? It may just be my 3DS but it was so slow or I’ve just grown a little impatient with time. 😅

phonto.jpeg

It’s probably already been said, but plot resetting is one of the main things I don’t miss at all from New Leaf, and hope never returns. It made having a new villager move in so stressful if you cared about where your villagers plopped their houses down, or if you had flowers/items laying around. I appreciate that it was made a little bit easier with villagers no longer being able to put their houses on top of patterns, but it was still a pain. 0/10 please let us always be able to choose where houses/buildings go moving forward 🙏🏻

I will not miss my villagers having a competition on who can build their house in the worst possible location known to man and animal alike

Villagers moving away without telling you (BUNNIE TT^TT)

I remember booting up my game a few years ago after not having played it in a while because of my studies and when I did, my Bunnie had moved away and I was devastated. She had left me a photo, but I still cried because I loved her so much.

Another thing I won't miss is villagers moving randomly anywhere. I remember when I started my game, I got so annoyed that I went throughout my ENTIRE town putting down "tiles" everywhere to force any new villagers to move into a specific spot.

As aforementioned, I won't miss villagers moving away without asking the player and grass deterioration. Also, I won't miss that you have to answer a series of questions with Rover to determine the look of your character's face at the start of the game and cannot change it afterwards.

I think I already commented here, but having booted up NewLeaf more regularly for this event and having to sort through the inventory without any indication as to what it is unless I click on it and even then I'm not 100% sure, how bells don't go directly to your funds, and how nothing stacks unless you do it manually makes me appreciate the QoL NH brought. It's not perfect, but it does do a lot of things right as well.

The way villagers move in and out is really the only major problem I have with this game. I've taken long breaks before because sometimes I just don't have the energy to check what villager is going to try to move if I play again.

Definitely villager plotting, it's so awful... New Horizons really did spoil me. 😭 I forgot I only had four villagers in my town that were permies when I logged back into New Leaf, so for the past week I've been in plot resetting hell. I've relearned some of the old tricks but it's still such a dumb concept in general. I know some people don't mind it and like that their villagers can choose wherever, but as a control freak who needs everything to be in a specific place, it's super tedious and annoying to deal with.

I won't miss working around the whole "villagers will move almost anywhere."
The amount of pattern tiles I placed around town wasn't exactly aesthetic, but it was the only way I could force villagers to move in certain spots since they don't move where there are town projects/pattern tiles.

I also won't miss grass deterioration. Sure, it was much easier to maintain than City Folk, but still a pain that I'm constantly aware of running in my town.

Back