• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you going to miss about Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Many things...
1. Tropical fruits and the persimmon. You could've replaced durian with grape and we could have a variety of fruits for more food DIYs but no..
2. Tortimers Island. It goes without saying. It was best for multiplayer content and games if you want to go single player.
3. Tricky pitfall seeds. I love crafting pitfall seeds now but I miss the trickys
4. Gracie Grace and her furniture
5. Kicks and Cyrus having a store. I miss Re-Tail and how you can obtaim some furniture that way, like the sloppy series

Just a few in my memory

• minigames (disappointing that NH lacks this)
  • unique campsites (didn't know til the other day 😔 )
  • bananas (and the other fruit)
  • the soundtrack (one of the better ones IMO)

The music
The tropical fruit
Villager dialogue
Villagers being annoying - it gave the game more life 😂
Minigames and Tortimer Island
The furniture sets - like Gracie’s!!
Any NPCs who haven’t returned in NH (I don’t wanna lose anyone 😭)
Just the feel of the game - more life sim than decorating
All the shops in Main Street
The progression
The fact that the game is saved on the cartridge so you can play multiple towns on the same 3DS!
Everything to do with Resetti - I love when you can visit him
Little events - it feels so much more alive than just ordering stuff from Nook Shopping
Perfect fruit
House exterior customisations

Most things to be honest, it’s such a nostalgic game to me that I think I’ll even miss the things I hated as a child.

The music and genuinely just the memories of playing with my friends and my siblings. New Leaf came at a time in my life when it was very rocky- and having the game and my siblings having the game as well brought us so much comfort and even brought us closer together!

• Love
Reactions: Doo
I will for sure miss the furniture options (i need my simple set and ore furniture back) and main street.

and of course the amazing music!

The music, the mini games, perfect fruit, building customization, Gracie, scamming my villagers at Re-Tail

the island for sure... i met so many fun people on there even to this day. its such a shame that its going to permanently end and we'll never get to have that fun again. while im sure we'll have a homebrew island or something like that, its not going to be as fun :(

I'll miss the mini-games on Tortimer Island, they add so much replay value to the game. Also, I love the sublime music, especially the 5 PM and 7 PM themes. The soundtrack in NH is simply not as memorable.

Some other things I'll miss are playing hide-and-seek with villagers, seeing villagers who have moved out visiting Main Street, and Club LOL.

Back