• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will you continue playing New Leaf once the event ends?

Aah it's actually so nice to see how many people are still willing to continue playing even after the event ends! New Leaf just has such a special feeling to it honestly. Also totally feel the people who won't continue though. As much as I love it, it definitely has a lot of inconveniences and certain aspects feel outdated. 😅

i was already playing it tons even before the event :D the 3ds is still one of my favorite consoles, and i never played with others online (local play w/ friends for me) so the removal of internet isn't a really big problem to me.

No, I do not see myself playing it anymore, even if I were to get another game. It was fun and cute while it lasted though.

I haven't even had the time to play ACNH lately, much less alone NL

Maybe here and there!! It's been like 5 years since I've played before thie event, but its still the same town since 2013 so I'm sure ill be logging in every now and then as I get older

I don’t think I’ll play it very regularly. Last time I opened the game was 3 years ago. Might revisit every few years for nostalgia but it just doesn’t spark the same joy it did when I was a kid :’)

Definitely not. After going back to the New Leaf I appreciate what New Horizons is even more than before. Time to (hopefully) finally finish my island 🫢

I think I will! There's so many items, sets, and details that I love, and I never got around to fully decorating with the Welcome Amiibo items.

I had a phase of playing New Leaf just before March which I ended because I became too busy, but I will never leave New Leaf. Even if I can't bring myself to play it regularly, it always feels like coming home.

Yes, I’ve been playing New Leaf regularly again for I think probably nearly 2 years now and can see myself continuing after the event too!

YES ! I plan on continuing. I will hope to not feel too sad when not able to do certain things, but i will still play the game and hopefully find ways around the difficulty of not being able to go online
i also don't want to stop doing something i love just because of the wifi shutdown! the thing is, i'm sure i can still find fun things to do in new leaf even after the fact, and i think it's fun to just still play the game for the purpose of playing the game. like, keep it real chill. you know?
: )
and if for any reason i find it difficult or frustrating, i can always take a break and come back to it : ) since it's a game, it's not supposed to be frustrating...it's supposed to be a stress-release, a way to find comfort, and remove stress, so... getting stressed would defeat the purpose of enjoying the game...!

I’ll definitely stick to playing new leaf long after the servers close and this event ends. It was such a big part of my middle school years that I have grown to love it. I remember being around 9 years old and watching chuggaconroy and being so jealous that he had New Leaf and I only had Wild World. The first day I played new leaf fulfilled a dream I had for such a long time, so yeah, I’m gonna play New Leaf for many more years ❤️

I don't think I will but I did always want to get all the badges and a full catalog so idk. Maybe I'll play here and there for a month or so afterwards but probably not long.

Ya, I'll probably play every now and then. New Leaf helped me when I was going through a hard time in my life and the music makes me nostalgic, so I'll continue playing it for at least the rest of the year.

Yes, I still have a lot of things to do, it's sad that I won't be able to 100% everything online related, but the fun is still there.

Back