• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

What sort of hair products do you use?

• Regular/non-specific

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • For curly hair

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • For straight hair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For smooth, silky hair

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Anti-frizz

• Anti-breakage

• Moisturising

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • For coloured hair

• For thick hair

• For thin hair

• Volumising

• For dry hair

• Something else!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Do you use hair products that claim they're for a certain type of hair? If so, do you think they work?

I have long, straight/slightly wavy hair, and I use shampoo and conditioner that say they're for smooth and silky hair. I have no idea if they're more effective than any other hair products, but they're still nice.

I have straight East Asian hair and I just use whatever brand is available in the big size and has a brand name I've heard of! I think right now the shampoo and conditioners are volumizing with moisture, but I've also used dry hair shampoo and anti-breakage shampoos with virtually no difference to the regular stuff. So I just use whatever is at hand now and it's working out for me 😄

I imagine my experience would be different if I have my hair bleached though, and would absolutely invest in something that is better for damaged hair!

I have very curly hair, so moisturising and curl activating stuff is my go-to

I'm still trying to find the right shampoo for me. The current combination that I use is Herbal Essence's Shine with chamomile shampoo and Tresseme's conditioner. However, it leaves me dandruff, so I have to use a clarifying shampoo about once a week.

I forgot to mention that I have oily hair that somehow still frizzes.

I mostly use Head and Shoulders which is for the scalp. I also use something stronger sometimes cuz sometimes I get a few of these little grain things on my scalp that feel like sand. It's something that is recent and annoys me. It clears it up. Hard water can cause it but so can skin conditions.
When my scalp seems fine, I'll use this Gardiner for straight hair cuz we have it but I don't care for it.

My hair is slightly wavy, thin or average thickness, but with high strand density. I just use the shampoo/conditioner from The Innate Life so since that‘s in Canada the shipping can be annoying, but for something so useful to me I can deal with that. I also like their rosehip oil.

Still haven’t found anything to fully beat my dandruff unfortunately. Their scalp mask helped too but it hasn’t beat it. Idk. I’ve had it as long as I’ve known.

I don't know what these options really are. I just use a particular brand that suits my hair best.

As a man, I buy the one that moisturises my scalp and prevents dandruff. I hate dandruff.

Back