• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you doing for the holidays?

I'll just be chilling at with my mum having a roast dinner and watching a movie or two. Honestly I'm not one to over indulge at Christmas or get drawn into the idea of spending it with others playing games and eating a lot of food etc.

Tomorrow is my birthday. In the morning I’m going to open my birthday cards and presents and then In the afternoon me and mum are going to my brothers house . Open his present and have birthday cake then we’re having lunch out in a restaurant that I like.

Christmas Eve we’re going to my mum’s boyfriends house and have dinner there.

Christmas Day in the morning we’re opening Christmas presents & cards and then in the afternoon we’re going to my brothers house and celebrate the rest of the day there.

Boxing Day in the afternoon we’re going to the cinema at we’re going to see the new Avatar film :)

Really not feeling very Christmasy this year. I had a bad experience with my fiance's family at Thanksgiving, I have about 5 dollars to my name, and I've been sick for basically the past month with various illnesses. I've told everyone I'm not doing Christmas this year, so I'll be staying at home bundled up on the couch with my sister, her partner, and my fiance watching holiday specials.

No pressure to make a big meal, deal with other people, or give gifts.

On Christmas eve, my Abuela is taking us to brunch and to go shopping. Then we’ll have dinner of shrimp, crab legs, tilapia, and rainbow trout (it traces back to an Italian tradition, the feast of the seven fishes). Then we’ll build gingerbread houses and open up one gift early, before going to bed.

On Christmas day whoever wakes up first wakes everyone up the most obnoxious way possible. If it’s me, I plan on going downstairs to look at the gifts under the tree (which will cause the dogs to bark like crazy) and blasting “All I Want for Christmas is You” throughout the house. Christmas day is usually chill after that, aside from the Thanksgiving-style feast and opening presents.

The day after is my little brother’s birthday, so we’ll have a special dinner and we’re making him a cake. He’ll get to decide what to do the rest of the day.

For New Year’s eve we usually pig out on a bunch of snacks and stay up really late watching New Year’s Rockin Eve. I might video call my friends too.

At some point generally soon, my mom and I are going to bake and decorate some holiday brownies—the plan was to do that today so we could enjoy them tomorrow, but I'm dealing with some rough cramps at the moment, so we might reschedule. ;; Thankfully, they were just going to be for us anyway (my aunt can't have chocolate and my grandparents are off sugar), so if they're a little later than planned it won't mess anything up.
I'll just be spending Christmas Eve with my parents at home, and we might exchange a couple of our presents early, but we're going to go see my aunt and her kitties on Christmas day and do most of the gift-swapping then. ^^

We're waiting until probably the 31st or the 1st to go celebrate with my grandparents just to be extra careful, since we weren't able to get our bivalent vaccines until the 15th. I'm hoping that will go smoothly, but... my grandma's already told me she "wants to talk" about our moving plans, so. 😅 Regardless of how that's gonna be, we should be at home for the New Year's countdown at least.

I’ll be at my aunt’s house for Christmas Eve with the rest of the extended family. (Dad’s side) The dinner will most likely be lasagna and I’m bringing an appetizer of crackers, sausage, cheese, etc. I’m excited bc I got my little cousin in the gift exchange and can’t wait to see her open her gift! 😭

The Christmas Day is more chill, with gifts and family time, as well as a another dinner.

My husband and I are going to the beach all day tomorrow for Christmas Eve and then having a nice seafood dinner. Christmas will also be a beach day. Travelling is the gift that keeps on giving for us.

Pretty much just the standard family thing. - I'm not really feeling too festive or motivated this year. There has just been a lot going on with all sorts of things, and my mood leaves a lot to be desired. Work stuff, relationship stuff, general social stuff. - Wouldn't say I'm depressed...but I am feeling rather mid. - My brothers will be coming for Christmas, and it will just be them and my parents, my niece and nephew, etc. A small gathering. It will be nice...but, I'm definitely not feeling like I have in past years.

Just a normal dinner with immediate family on Christmas Eve, as we celebrate today and exchange presents.

I’m hoping I get to see my parents who live about an hour’s drive away. Time will tell though as we’ve been hit with a blizzard that’s the worst storm for as long as I can remember and literally everything is shutdown right now. Roads, rail lines, flights etc. I’m hoping by Christmas Day the roads will at least be open again. My grandparents were also supposed to meet us there too. Only time will tell. I hope everyone else in the storm stays safe.

I helped my nieces and nephews decorate gingerbread houses.

@Firesquids That sounds really nice and drama-free. I'm sorry for your experience and that you had to go through that. But at least you will enjoy yourself for Christmas. Honestly I find I enjoy holidays a lot more when there isn't a lot of hurry up and wait/rush to travel all over the place. I don't find it fun and then work soon after? No thank you.

For Christmas I did the same thing I've done for most of my life. I went to my grandparent's house and ate the dinner they made. We had soup, turkey, gravy, carrots bread rolls, mashed potatoes, and Jell-O. Aside from the soup, turkey, and gravy, it was all homemade. My grandpa has a knack for growing vegetables and making bread rolls.

On New Years I simply listened to what my Tidal music app said was my most listened to songs for an hour. It wasn't a very good day, so that's as good as it got.

For Christmas I did the same thing I've done for most of my life. I went to my grandparent's house and ate the dinner they made. We had soup, turkey, gravy, carrots bread rolls, mashed potatoes, and Jell-O. Aside from the soup, turkey, and gravy, it was all homemade. My grandpa has a knack for growing vegetables and making bread rolls.
That sounds like a very nice dinner though. I'm always on board for good food and growing your own produce is a rewarding expereince when it goes smoothly. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas, at the very least.

Back