• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you doing for the holidays?

Shawna

AroAce, ASD, and Proud ^^
Bells
Switch
4449-2922-3110
Toy Duck Plush
User Title Color Change
On Christmas Eve, me, my dad, and my brother will be going to my grandparents house for a dinner. They are cooking prime rib, which I am not a fan of. Hopefully, there is also something available that I like to eat, but we will see I guess. :ppp If I remember correctly, they also did ham and rolls last year for Christmas Eve dinner, so maybe they will also do that. ^^ We will also visit for a while. My grandparents usually give me money and clothes on Christmas (and birthdays for that matter), so I will probably receive those. ^^ I know this doesn't seem like a big deal to most of you guys, but I am also looking forward to this because of the evening ride there and nighttime ride back. There is just something special and magical about riding/cruising at night. :,,,)

On Christmas Day, my grandparents will be coming over here for a lunch. My dad is planning on doing a Mexican feast for Christmas day. I really hope he doesn't change his plans. I have been craving enchiladas (which is one of the things he plans on doing). Me and me brother will also be getting our Christmas money from our dad. ^_^

We would also go to my uncle's for a Christmas gathering a week or so before Christmas (me, my brother, and our dad were living there in June 2019-June 2020. And we went there for a Christmas get together in 2020 and 2021). But unfortunately, we will not be doing that anymore, as my uncle passed away this passed Summer. ;-;

. . .

Anyway yeah, those are gonna be my family plans for the 24th and the 25th. Feel free to share yours. ^^

We go to a Christmas Eve Service in the evening (on Christmas Eve), though this year we are going to two of them to help out (spouse drums and they want drums).
We (including pups!) are going to my mom's on Christmas to have breakfast (eggs, beef sausage, bacon, and monkey bread) and then see my aunt right afterwards. We all pitched in this year to get her a pressure cooker so she will be pretty happy. (I usually just get children in the family gifts beyond a little something for my parents and my grandma. It just helps keep things simple.)
The next Weekend we are going to see my spouse's side of the family for Christmas. No idea what we will be eating.

Enchiladas sound really good! Enjoy your celebrations!

as of right now I don't really have any plans, I'm just praying that it doesn't go haywire and end up with everyone being stressed out bc of how unreasonable my dad can be. it'll prob (hopefully) just be a chill day, wrapping/opening gifts and watching Christmas movies :)

My middle sibling is coming over on Christmas Day, so I'll most likely will just be busy cleaning my room (which acts as a guest room) or finishing up any of the TBT entries by then.

I don’t have any plans. I’m not one for doing anything special during holidays. I was originally going to hang out with my favorite person over the holiday weekend, but nothing is open. We just postponed our plans because we wanted to go out and do something.

Going to the Caribbean with my husband. We leave in a few days so we're both really excited about it.

On the 23rd some friends are coming over to my place for a turkey dinner and then on Christmas day me & my partner will go to my aunt's for dinner. So basically just a bunch of eating.

My husband and I will be going to my mom's place on Christmas day. My aunt and uncle will be there, maybe my cousin, but that's it. We'll bring our dog with us too. My mom loves seeing him. We'll have a small meal and open gifts.

We normally do something with my husband's family too, but his parents are both sick. His mom has pneumonia and his dad has bronchitis. They said they're finally on the mend but don't really feel up to doing anything yet. So we'll postpone Christmas with them until they're feeling better.

Not sure yet if we'll get to see the niece and nephews, but since they stay with my in-laws when they come to town I'm assuming they won't visit until January, if at all.

Going to uncle's and celebrating with maternal grandmother as well. They live in a small town down south so it's gonna be nice change of environment, plus they got fun Pokestops.

traveling to minnesota! my partners dad is in hospice so we're spending his last holiday together. we have a lot of plans for christmas night, and i'm going to be bringing hanukkah to his family! lots of cooking, hugs, and memories to be had.

We're spending Christmas in the countryside with my partner's family. Her sister is driving us down on the 24th and I think we are coming back on the 28th. Seeing my parents the 29th-30th. Then we're spending New Year's Eve with two of our mates at their house.

It’s a tradition at my dad’s house to order in Chinese food for Christmas Eve, so we’ll be going over to his house for that. Then on Christmas Day, my husband and I will be making ham and other things for dinner. We’ll have a few pies and cookies too, which is what I look forward to the most!

i don’t have any actual plans, i’ll just be celebrating and spending time with my parents. i haven’t celebrated with anyone outside my immediate family (my parents and my grandmother, before she passed away) since before covid, so it’ll just be the 3 of us again.

my mom has plans to make some snacks for us to enjoy on christmas eve, and we might watch a movie or 2. there was also talk about maybe picking up a bottle of bailey’s (or some sort of alcohol) as well. as for christmas day, we have a delicious meal and dessert planned, and i have a stocking to go through whenever i wake up that day, but otherwise it’ll be a lowkey celebration. looking forward to it nonetheless, though. :)

oh yeah and for New Year’s Eve, I want to do a live stream on YouTube and ring in the new year with my friends/viewers <333

I did that last year and the year before. We even went out to eat for New Year’s Eve lunch last year, it was such a good day. :,3

I usually wake up at 6 am and then get my parents up and say merry Christmas. it's time to open presents. We have our breakfast then we open presents. Usually, at 10:00 AM, we go to My Aunt Amy's and Open Presents there. We eat kringle while we are there.

Today's the Solstice, so I'll be doing some personal celebrations this evening. Tomorrow, I'm meeting up with a friend for lunch (we decided to do that instead of exchanging gifts this year). Saturday, I'll go to my step-sister's house. Her father, husband, and kids will be there too. We'll have dinner and exchange gifts. I'm bringing stuff to make from-scratch hot chocolate, because it's supposed to be really cold. Sunday is a day off, and I will spend it in my pajamas, probably reading a new book I got the night before.

celabrating christmas with my family at home. shall be making (an almighty) apple crumble for dessert with my sister, and will decimate a vegan roast chicken for christmas day lunch!! not got the resemblance shape-wise but it'll be heccin yompog

for boxing day, will head to a restaurant with my family and shall have lunch with my uncle ;D

so long as I'm feeling better (my roommate brought home the flu, yay lol) then I'll be going to my dad's house on the 24th for some stuff

other than that, I don't really do anything

We're having my grandfather come over both Christmas Eve and Christmas night! We don't do much, just eat and watch movies and stuff, but it's always fun. :) I'm actually in the middle of some of my baking rn, and I'll be making a peppermint bark cheesecake for Christmas dinner that I'm pretty excited about.

I help my nieces and nephews make gingerbread houses on Christmas eve and then meet most of my family the night of. Honestly everyone saying they don't do much, I think what you're doing sounds awesome. What's a better way to spend the holiday then to just rest and spend some time with loved ones (if you can) That's so much better than rushing around, especially if you have to travel. At the end of the day, that's just really stressful and tiring.

Back