• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Chronicles of Deilf Isle

Island/Town Name
Deilf Isle
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear
Native Flower
Windflowers

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
A place for me to keep tabs on Deilf Isle - the residents, landscaping, and events
that interest me. Don't expect a lot of photos, as I'm primarily a words person.

Current Residents of Deilf Isle

Cedar Falls: Erin - Resident Representative

Sandy Shoals: Lolly, Flora, Lionel, Purrl

Riverbend: Sally, Gruff, Snake, Dobie, Cherry, Filbert

Cliffside Campground: Rotating

Dream Address: DA-0687-8566-2071

A little background may be in order here. Deilf Isle has been up and running for a month now, and what was once a barren isle is now coming together into a thriving community. Everyone works hard and helps the others.

There are several distinct areas to be found here. Coming off the dock from the airport, the business and shopping district is laid out. To the right of Resident Services, an open park area, still under development, leads to the museum. The river cradles this area, and bridges are laid out to easily access the rest of the island.

Heading to the left of the business area, there is a small orchard nestled between the river and the beach. A dock awaits the avid fisherman, and a chaise is tucked in the shade of a coconut tree. North of the orchard is the neighborhood of Sandy Shoals. This sunny spot boasts tulips, white azaleas, a picnic table by the river, and light, colorful houses. The residents are just as friendly and sunny, so you should definitely stop to say hello.

Following the river to the right, we come to Riverbend. This is a more wooded area, nestled up to the cliffs. The houses here are a bit darker, but don't let that fool you about those who live there. They are always happy to see someone stop by or chat in the shade of a tree. The yards are decorated with pansies and pink azaleas, providing pops of color against the blues and browns of the houses.

Keep going to the right and across the river, and you will find Cliffside Campground. This charming spot is tucked into the cliff, providing shelter from the winds that blow off the beach to the right. There are several little ponds and a waterfall, plenty of trees, areas of sun, a pump, and campfire. Grab your sleeping bag and come on over!

If you go back through Riverbend, you'll see a set of stairs heading up the cliff. This leads to a lovely cedar forest with another river, waterfalls, a bench providing seating to enjoy the ocean view, and windflowers nestled in and among the cedars and tea olive bushes.

Crossing the log bridge in front of you, you wind through a path of cedar trees, stopping at the bench to take in the view, then winding around to the right to come out above the campground. Here is a pool with a waterfall, another small stream leads to the waterfall below, and a circle of cedar trees. If you close your eyes, you can almost believe it to be a magic or fairy circle. Who knows what you may find?

Head back over the bridge and to the left. An old, broken terracotta path leads you to a small house up another flight of stairs. Welcome to Cedar Falls, home of Resident Representative, Erin. A pair of gnomes flank the door, cedar trees, mums, and cosmos grow all around the house and pond, which breaks into three waterfalls to the river below. A brick oven wafts baked goodness through the air, a birdhouse provides birdsong, and a beehive nestled in the flowers lends a soft buzzing to the tranquil scene.

While the island is still in development, the residents of Deilf are happy to see visitors and quite content with the progress that's been made. I hope you've enjoyed this little verbal tour and will continue to read about further adventures.

Last edited:
I created a second mini orchard on the eastern side of the island, between the river and beach. Instead of keeping the fruits all together, though, I mixed the order up. If I like it when they're grown, I might move things around in the other one.

Purrl is back again. I plan to invite her to move in. She'll go to Sandy Shoals, replacing Filbert's house. The colors work better.

Filbert will come back, taking Cherry's plot in Riverbend, who will then take Roald's. Snake is going back in his old plot, where Molly is right now. After that, all villagers are set and permanent.

The final set of stairs was paid off, finishing all infrastructure builds on the island. I'll be shifting my focus toward upgrading Cedar Falls and doing landscaping across the rest of the island.

Filbert has gone off on a bit of an adventure. At least he has plenty of snacks.

Purrl will be moving in tomorrow. Snake is back in the campground. Tomorrow I'll ask him to move in, then I'll be tracking that silly little squirrel down again.

My azaleas, mums, and cosmos all are in bloom now. I'm going to have to get a lot more mums, because I want them all around Cedar Falls.

Still stuck at 3 stars. I think I'll have to put a lot more items out, which feels cluttered to me. Once I hit 5 stars, I think I'll keep it long enough to get several flowers and whatever else may be rewarded, then I'll let it drop back again. I don't want that kind of worry.

I hit 4 stars today. Slowly getting there.

67e7c1a0-acd8-43bf-bb4c-a5d89a4cadac.jpg

Godzilla has a friend. His name is Godzooky.

ccc418be-dca9-47fb-a50c-e5bac99dc9ca.jpg

I've started a seashell café on the rocks in the upper right corner of the island. A friend has the arch recipe and made it for me after I collected the shells. The diner table is a placeholder. I'm hoping to get the shell table recipe or find someone who will make it for me. It'll get done in pink, to go with the stools. I also want to have the shell speaker, probably in pink.

1f76ad1b-4f8d-4be6-823b-ce44dd819471.jpg

Gruff loves to sing, but always hides in the forest near my house to do it. I was thrilled to see that Flora had convinced him to sing on the plaza. It's good for Flora to share with other residents, and Gruff needs to come out of his shell a bit more.

Slowly but surely, my house is coming together. Getting the upstairs definitely helped. That's becoming a loft space. I'm using the striped yellow wallpaper and white painted-wood floor. About 2/3 is a bedroom and the rest is the bath.

Downstairs, I'd say two out of the four rooms are presentable. The main is airy and bright, although I need some accents for warmth.
802ba941-0c4c-456c-a0e7-173b17b85d63.jpg

I think maybe pulling some colors from the pattern.

The right side room is almost done. I just need to make a watering can and find a chemistry set.
e0dd4c84-191b-44f3-979b-603a3dfb4011.jpg

Again, it's light and airy, and feels welcoming.

The left room is in the process of becoming a pink/white kitchen. It's a bit hodgepodge right now, but I know where I'm going with it. The back room? No idea. I'd like a craft area for the spinning wheel and loom (once I find it), and maybe knitting (is the basket in the game?). I'm not even sure of the color scheme I want. I think maybe blue.

In other news, Midge is unpacking and Filbert moves back in tomorrow. I'll be glad when the starters are all back in with their default homes.

I think I'm finally happy with my house exterior. Unless other options unlock once all loans are paid off.
17b89572-3a36-42af-8455-e2742682d5f5.jpg

So I can keep it in one spot, a list of things I want to finish some of my rooms.

Main

Double sofa, green
Mom's tea cozy

Last edited:
Cherry's coming home!

She agreed to move in yesterday, so Roald went into boxes. I was sorry to say goodbye to him, but I've had him before, and I wanted Cherry back. She'll be unpacking tomorrow and we'll be able to celebrate her birthday on Monday.

Now I just have to move Lolly back in and my villagers will be set.

Today is Cherry's birthday. I gave her a visual-punk dress, which I hope she likes.

Lolly also agreed to move in, which put Midge in boxes. Fortunately, I was able to have a friend adopt Midge, so she gets a good home and I'll get to visit.

Now that Lolly's back, all the villagers are set. I can focus on decorating and improving the island.

Cherry sent a sweet note, thanking me for coming to her party and for the gift. I can't wait to see her wear the dress - I'll bet it looks great on her!

Midge left, and the lot is now marked for Lolly, who should be here tomorrow. My friend who took Midge sent me the white painted-wood wall, so I've started changing things around a bit in my room.

CJ is on-island today. I gave him the fish I had been holding on to and was able to knock another 120K off my loan. I also gave him 3 sea bass to have Flick make a model. It'll fit into the main room nicely.

I did catch up with Cherry briefly yesterday and she was wearing the dress. As I thought, it looks adorable!

Got the model from CJ this morning. It really will go perfectly into my room design.

Redd is on-island. He only had one real piece of artwork - the Famous Painting (Mona Lisa). I bought it and will give it to Blathers tomorrow.

I had Nook demolish the bridge behind Ables' shop yesterday. This morning, I talked to him and got a kit to set up a wooden bridge in its place. Now that the island is becoming more settled, getting rid of the log bridges in the lower sections seemed the thing to do. Once this is paid, I'll replace the two side ones with wooden bridges, as well. I also want to swap out the one connecting Riverbend to Cliffside Campground. That one will be a suspension bridge, since the area isn't quite as "metropolitan". Not that any of the island is really urban, but the neighborhoods are definitely more rustic than the business area. Since Cedar Falls is the least developed, I will be keeping the log bridge across that river. I also will keep all the inclines as wooden (log) steps.

Didn't get a chance to write yesterday.

Flora, Dobie, and Sally threw a surprise party for me at Flora's house. They gave me a birthday table and then set up a piñata for me to break. That was filled with cupcakes. I gave some of them to other villagers and got presents from them, too. The best was from Gruff - birthday candles. I did keep the last one. It was too pretty, so it's in my kitchen. Mom sent a chocolate cake.

The night before, I visited a friend who was having a meteor shower. I also got to see Midge, as she had moved to that island. Yesterday morning, I had so many star fragments!

I've been moving some flowers around and I think I'm going to have to completely redo the landscaping at Cliffside Campsite. It just doesn't flow. I'll figure it out, though.

My final house expansion is going on tomorrow. One last loan, then I can focus on decorating, saving bells, and the stalk market.

My rooms are coming along though, and it's really a matter of tracking down the variant I want.

Last edited:
I have a basement! It's a whole lot of empty right now, but eventually it's going to be turned into a beachy witch's retreat. Time to start studying the catalog to figure out what I can use.

Also, I have a basement. Another huge loan to be paid off. Flick and CJ better hurry their butts on over here!

I got my first black lily! That should not have been as hard as it was, but I'm happy. Several friends came over yesterday and watered, so guess that works. Now to get another, then I'll have a breeding pair. It is the last color of lilies I need, so that's one ticked off the list.

Still working on purple hyacinths, and when I have enough black lilies, I'll move some cosmos or pansies in to that spot. I'm saving roses for last and will focus on them by themselves.

I got over 100K from the HHA this morning, which earned me a silver trophy. Once I get the gold, I think that's it for achievements from them, so I'll stop worrying about them.

One of the friends who came over had the mage's robes in Ables' shop. I was able to get all the colors, and ordered an extra blue one for Purrl's birthday. I think she'll look so cute in it.

Daisy was selling turnips at 108 this morning, so I didn't buy. No wonder she can't afford a handkerchief! Hoping tomorrow will bring CJ or Flick. Preferably Flick. I have a ton of bugs to sell and several sets to trade for models.

My friends came back yesterday and I got another black lily. Now that I have a breeding pair, I'll stop worrying about them and switch my focus to getting some black cosmos. Might as well tick the short lists off first, right?

Lionel gave the thought bubble about leaving, but I squashed that.

A notice was up on the bulletin board about Filbert's birthday next week. I'm going to do some hunting for him. Not sure what to get him yet. Would it really be horrible if I got the blue baby romper? How cute would he look? And how mad might he be? LOL

Today is Purrl's birthday! She loved the blue mage's robes I gave her. I was hoping she would put them on right away, but the green satin dress she was wearing was probably the dressier option. I can't wait to see them on her, though. Lionel was there, which makes total sense. I did take some pictures, but I'll have to post them later, once I get home.

The bridge on the west side of the island was removed overnight and I got a kit from Nook to replace it with a wooden bridge. Thanks to CJ being on-island yesterday, I only have to fish up 30K this evening. I still have to replace the east bridge, but I'll wait until I've stored some fish/bugs to make bank. Once that is done, I'll be finished with upgrades, unless I decide to go a bit more upscale with the central bridge leading to the neighborhoods and build a zen bridge. I do like the arches, but I also want to keep things rustic. Ah, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. (see what I did there? sorry.)

I love all my villagers, but I think Dobie is becoming a particular favorite. He still calls me "peanut" and often refers to me as "his peanut". He's such a grandpa, I love it. Last night, I stopped at Filbert's house and Dobie was also visiting. The cutest thing was to watch Filbert follow Dobie around, and he just beamed every time they came to a stop. I guess everyone loves the cranky grandpa wolf.

Gruff is still a bit aloof, but I think that's part of his nature. He likes to be alone a bit more. It doesn't mean he doesn't like the rest of us. My favorite thing is to come around a corner and find him on a beach or in the trees, singing his heart out. Flora gets him to sing on the plaza once in a while, but I think he just likes to do it for himself. He doesn't stop anymore when I walk up to him, which I also see as a good sign.

The island is still stuck at 4 stars, and I'm beginning to think I'll never hit 5. Honestly, I don't plan to break my back to keep it, but I would like a few lilies of the valley and the golden watering can. Thank goodness this isn't a sprint.

On the flip side, my house is really coming along and getting close to done. I'm still hunting for a few items, and that will probably take a while, but it's okay because I enjoy it. The major pieces are in. Some of it is looking for different colors, and I'll probably have to do some trading to get what I want/need. I'll wait until I am a bit closer to put that together.

Today is Filbert's birthday. He celebrated with Lolly all day. I gave him a mint baby romper and I can't wait to see him in it. A friend came and gave him a blue sailor's tee, which will also look good.

I got my first purple hyacinth yesterday and my first pink rose today. Slowly but surely.

Paid off the last bridge upgrade. Down the road, I might upgrade to a zen bridge, but I'm happy with the wooden ones for now.

Back