• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Anime Thread

Stopping by to plug my favorite anime since I found out it was just added to Crunchyroll!

If you're interested in magical girl anime/fairy tale deconstruction/allegorical stories, I highly highly recommend Revolutionary Girl Utena! It deals with some pretty complex and heavy themes-- misogyny, homophobia, abuse-- so I'd recommend at least looking up some trigger warnings beforehand if you think any of that might bother you. The director, Kunihiko Ikuhara, worked on the 90s Sailor Moon as well, so if any of his work there interested you Utena might be up your alley!

Recently watched takt.op destiny and I’m in love with the art/animation. The back story on the characters made me cry like a baby which I guess isn’t abnormal for me but it’s pretty good so far! Can’t wait to see how it progresses
I've also been watching Takt.op Destiny and I'm liking it so far. Some of the characters are very interesting and I can't wait to meet more of them.

Today I finally finished up Seven Deadly Sins. This was the final season. It's had it's ups and downs along the way.

The introduction of power levels got too ridiculous and made it feel more like DBZ for a season or two. Thankfully, they backed off of that after a while. There was one season that was nearly ruined for me by some absolutely terrible censorship. Luckily, that didn't last long either. There were many tropes used throughout the series as well. But I did enjoy the characters and the action and felt invested enough in the overarching story, which was why I kept watching despite its flaws.

Overall, I would give the series a 6/10. It wasn't a great anime by any stretch of the imagination, but if you like action, fantasy and the like then it can be fun to watch.

Today I re-watched Robot Carnival since it's now available on Crunchyroll. This was one of the first anime I ever watched many, many years ago and it was fun to see it again after so long. It's a collection of short stories involving robots. Some of the stories are quirky and fun, some are touching and emotional, but they're all pretty good. There's very little dialogue so the story-telling is mostly told through the animation itself, which is brilliant.

I'm watching the dub of Osomatsu-san I'm laughing as hard when I watched the subs. Just a warning if you check it out: It can be very raunchy at times.

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode four is here.

Tanjiro commits seppuku in order to wake up. Immediately he notices what is going on around him. He rushes to the top of the train and takes on Enmu, the newly appointed Lower One demon. Enmu keeps putting him to sleep, but to no avail, Tanjiro says sleep is for the weak and slices off Enmu’s head. Unfortunately for Tanjiro, Enmu plays the whole Captain Ginyu switcheroo game and is now fused with the actual train itself. He’ll need the help of angry awakened boar man, flashy Doritos guy, and flamboyant burn-it-up man in order to save the day.

Up next time on Demon Slayer, Move Forward! You won’t want to miss it!

i read "qko-chan" a couple nights ago because it's so short! i really liked qko herself, but i was pretty confused by the story for most of it. do you ever get that feeling that something is good and you could potentially really like it but you just can't understand it? that's how i felt the whole time. i think i might like it more with a few more tries to wrap my head around it in the future. there were some jokes i rolled my eyes extremely at but it was thankfully not overbearing
unknown.png

^ this is qko. i thought she was very cute

apparently it was done by the creator of FLCL, which i didn't know until i saw "MADE BY THE CREATOR OF FLCL" plastered on the cover XD i've never watched or read FLCL

Finally reached and surpassed where I had stopped watching Hunter x Hunter originally.
I'm at the part where Kurapika used his dagger on the Phantom Troupe's boss. The reaction Hisoka gave when he found out the boss was no longer able to use nen was priceless.

I just watched Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) and I really enjoyed it! The storyline was so cute and I loved the characters. The ending was so sweet, I love happy endings in romance movies so much lol. I've been wanting to watch it for a while and I'm really glad I finally did.

i recently started madoka magica, im only on the 2nd episode and its cute and interesting so far, not to mention really cool! i cant wait to see where it goes, I've heard good things abt it
I-
Uh-
Well lets just say I've watched this and anyone else who has seen it, lets agree isnt it so cute!!!! Very fun and lovely.
I'm literally dead inside😭😭😭

Back