The Anime Thread

honestly I really miss watching kamisama kiss and wish it didn't have to end.
I've also started to rewatch Inuyasha which apparently I've also missed watching but then again I'm excited because I'm sure there's at-least one episode of it I missed when I was younger and it'll be nice to watch the movies after the episodes they come after to piece the storyline better together.​

is box of goblins/mouryou no hako any good? i'm craving a good murder-mystery

Mouryou no Hako is quite complicated. It can't be enjoyed if to pass through dialogue in it. Anime is filled with chatter like this should be followed in patience.
And really, I heaved a deep breath (feeling satisfied) after successfully passing this anime until finished.
An anime that has a great story..

my recommend for your murder-mystery genre is Death Note(genres: Mystery, Police, Psychological, Supernatural, Thriller ) and Psycho-Pass ( Action, Police, Psychological, Sci-Fi)

it's happening again. I'm getting the urge to watch fmab all the way through.

But can you blame me? It's my favorite anime ever! Definitely one of the best of all time

it's happening again. I'm getting the urge to watch fmab all the way through.

But can you blame me? It's my favorite anime ever! Definitely one of the best of all time

Ooh, fmab is really, really good. It’s definitely on my bucket list to watch. :D

Bump.

Just finished episode 20 of Cowboy Bebop, Pierrot Le Fou. I thought it was alright. I understand why Spike did not finish the mission this time. The man had already been through a lot and did not deserve any more pain. That has to do with letting your guard down, but you definitely do not kick a horse once it is down.

I’m probably going to end up watching the last six episodes over the next six days, since I am definitely not looking forward to the end of the series. I will definitely rewatch it in the future, but I get why it’s #1 and the assessment by people that the characters have real strengths and real weaknesses, and that it could be a real future for some other universe, in this case the Cowboy Bebop one.

Shows like One Punch Man are great and all, but there’s not enough characters, and it’s really hard to tell what One Punch Man’s weakness is in the beginning.

Just another reason I love this Anime, and am hoping to overcome it in terms of views someday with my own creation. It definitely has a reality feel to it.

I haven't watched anime since early last year omg!! But I remember loving Love Stage and Orenchi no Furo Jijou. Only cutesy things for me!

I haven't watched anime since early last year omg!! But I remember loving Love Stage and Orenchi no Furo Jijou. Only cutesy things for me!

Interesting. You’re probably really interested in slice of life Animes then, no?

I'm just barely getting into anime so I've only seen a couple. I really enjoyed Noragami and I hope it continues and comes to the U.S. I just started the Ancient Magus Bride and I really like it. At first I thought it was just kind of a romance but I was pleasantly surprised (nothing wrong with romance, I like that too haha). And I'm watching Polar Bear Cafe on Crunchyroll. It always cheers me up if I'm feeling down.

Almost done with Cowboy Bebop by now. Just have three episodes to go including Hard Luck Woman, The Real Folk Blues part 1, and The Real Folk Blues part 2. Going to watch the movie after that.

Also, still think it’s funny that it was said in this thread that “Mushroom Samba is the pinnacle of Anime violence,” LOL. I just hear those words and my mind goes back to Edward aggressively and happily tracking down bad guys and finally landing on his stomach and getting food for the crew without anyone really getting hurt too badly.

Last edited:
recently finished Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei,I felt this anime could've had a lot more going for it. It has a good basis for a story but it comes off as cold and confusing. The hero isn't relatable to the viewer at all but somehow we are meant to pity him for not being able to cast practical magic like his sister. The interactions between the students are extremely cringe worthy and most of what they have to say embarrasses the hell out of them. Half of the episodes get in depth at all the mechanics of spell casting which might entertain some viewers.

I would only recommend this anime to people who are into the technical aspect of science fiction, otherwise I'd stay clear of this one.

recently finished Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei,I felt this anime could've had a lot more going for it. It has a good basis for a story but it comes off as cold and confusing. The hero isn't relatable to the viewer at all but somehow we are meant to pity him for not being able to cast practical magic like his sister. The interactions between the students are extremely cringe worthy and most of what they have to say embarrasses the hell out of them. Half of the episodes get in depth at all the mechanics of spell casting which might entertain some viewers.

I would only recommend this anime to people who are into the technical aspect of science fiction, otherwise I'd stay clear of this one.

Alright, sounds interesting. Thank you once again for the recommendation. :D

fma is the best anime no questions asked

I finally finished Cowboy Bebop, and I must say, it was a great ending (although I skipped over Spike getting wounded, because I didn’t care to see that), but it also left a lot of questions unanswered for a long time. To this day it’s still not known whether Spike lived or died after what happened (although, tbh, he probably would not recover from something like that)

Anyways, I’m probably going to end up watching My Hero Academia next, just because I feel like I missed out on the hype, and it actually looks like a good series (although I’m hoping it’s nowhere near as graphic as Cowboy Bebop in certain episodes). Does anyone know any other popular, recent Animes that aren’t too graphic? I’m mainly looking for the action/adventure genre. I already watched episode 2 of My Hero Academia on Toonami and am hooked, aka I want to see more. I’ll get to the recommendations given to me once I’m done with this next one. Thank you as always to those who contribute to this thread. :)

Last edited:
there's quite a bit I have to say regarding Spike's fate, but I'm gonna have to wait until you finish the film first. so as to not spoil anything

there's quite a bit I have to say regarding Spike's fate, but I'm gonna have to wait until you finish the film first. so as to not spoil anything

Okay. Thank you for that, LambdaDelta. I’ll return to watching Cowboy Bebop: The Movie after I finish the first season of My Hero Academia. I think there’s only 13 episodes in the first season, so it shouldn’t take too long.

I’ve watched about four episodes in a row now of My Hero Academia, and got to say I love it. I’m about to watch episode five, and I cannot stop watching Anime now. Have no idea why I used to not watch Anime at all growing up (although I did watch RWBY, Parasyte The Maxim, Kill la Kill, and now Cowboy Bebop).

Last edited:
I used to watch anime constantly when I was younger, don't know why I got out of it, I've very slowly been working through Ouran High School Host Club and some of the newer Pokemon seasons, but other than that, I have no real idea where to start with getting back into anime. Anyone have any recommendations of either newer stuff that's really good, or else older classics that get overlooked? (So not something like Sailor Moon that is a classic but most people have already checked it out) I don't have any super-specific genres I'm into, although I do like sporty stuff just because watching people do sports encourages me to go and work out, I also pretty much grew up on 2000s shoujo stuff like Shugo Chara and Tokyo Mew Mew. I also like any stuff that has good LGBT representation. And then I also am totally into mysterious and dark stuff, like horror, mystery, thriller, etc. Basically... I have really broad interests, pretty much anything with a nice animation style and an intriguing story is something I can get into, no matter what genre it is.

Back