• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Anime Thread

I am on the second season of spy x family, I don't know why I didn't try and watch this anime before because I absolutely love it. The storyline is so good, and the characters are hilarious. Anya is one of my favorite characters but I feel like that is a pretty common thing to say because she is so hilarious and cute too. I also love her little friend Becky and think that their friendship is so cute too. I really want there to be more seasons of this show, I'm going to be sad when I finish the 2nd season.

I wouldn’t call myself a fan of shounen anime, but I recently finished watching the first season of Jujutsu Kaisen. I was able to devote myself to watching the season in full after work today.

I previously tried watching the show sometime last year, but I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with a friend and listening to it in the background occupied with something else at the time. It was one I wanted to watch but did so under the wrong circumstance and I hadn’t looked at it since, until last night. It’s a lot more entertaining when you’re paying attention. I normally don’t watch things while multitasking with something else unless it’s a sports game. I’m happy I decided to give it another shot.

In my opinion, it still doesn’t top Mob Psycho for a shounen, but that’s a masterpiece.

Originally I only planned to watch Konosuba and Mushoku Tensei this season.

However, after learning that Onerepublic composed the ending song for Kaiju No.8, I decided to add that to the list as well. I’m glad that I binge-read the manga before starting the anime. The characters are very charming.

i finally got around and caught up with spy x family, i just have to watch the movie C:

i've been watching mr villain's day off and it's suuuuch a lighthearted watch, really unserious and silly but i like those series since they're so fluffy. something light before i jump right back to mha again :lemon: i'm ready for the feels... the pain... the emotions...

IMG_7657.jpeg
Well this is a funny ad to get, considering what I’m watching…

i finally got around and caught up with spy x family, i just have to watch the movie C:

i've been watching mr villain's day off and it's suuuuch a lighthearted watch, really unserious and silly but i like those series since they're so fluffy. something light before i jump right back to mha again :lemon: i'm ready for the feels... the pain... the emotions...
I could use some fluff.

So anyway, My Hero Academia's third recap episode for season seven released yesterday. It was pretty interesting, especially one part in particular with Todoroki. There's going to be one more recap episode and then the week after that will be the release of season seven itself. This season is going to be another rollercoaster of emotions. Can't wait!

i finished mr villain's day off and that was suuuuch a good watch heh

and i started a new series called "as a reincarnated aristocrat, i'll use my appraisal skill to rise in the world" // "tensei kizoku, kantei skill de nariagaru" and my cuteness aggression over the main character is so strong... his little waddle AAAH

ars-waddle-1.gif
1713821517383.png

It's a bit of a tangent, but I found a collection of some of the 60's Gamera movies at a local grocery store. This is apparently knock off Godzilla.

Also due to the Sony/Funimation/Crunchyroll shenanigans many titles are not found on streaming. Angry people have made a google doc listing some titles they can't find. They've listed 192 titles so far, last I checked.

A while ago I was given a mysterious Japanese anime poster. It has just recently occurred to me to use my phone's translator app. It turns out it's the Tower of Druaga, and Funimation dubbed it back in the day. Hopefully before some voice actors stopped trying. I'm tired of hearing valley girl, southern U.S. or battle axe. $16 is a good price for 24 episodes on ebay.

This week's episode of Dungeon Meshi was soooo good. If anyone's been put off watching it because they think it's just about monsters and food, I'd recommend giving it a chance because it's probably not what you think it is. I mean technically it is about monsters and food, but it goes in a direction you might not expect with it and the world-building and character writing is really great. I don't wanna spoil anything so I won't say any more but I've been really enjoying it so far!

Back