• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters
I use to repress my feelings a lot in middle school because of something, and now its a "habit" I guess or I just don't really care what people say to/about me. I remember telling my friend about how I went to one of my professors office hours for help in the class and long story short he was really rude to me, and I was telling my friend, yeah he said this and this to me instead of answering my questions which was so annoying, and she was like "omg did you cry" and I was like no? and then that got me thinking like omg would a normal student have cried? I knew someone who also went to a professor's office hours and she cried because he was rude to her too, but I just didn't really care.

So anyways (lol) I'm stone cold. The only one who can hurt me is me

I'm not sensitive at all with other peoples comments, i used to get bullied a lot and i've sort of built this barrier where i don't really care anymore about other peoples opinions, i think i tend to bring myself down more than anything so i'd say i'm stone cold to peoples comments and opinions :)

Last edited:
I'm a little cold! I don't cry often and I try not to get hurt by other people's words, because who knows what they're going through themselves to make them like that. Ofc if they're just being straight up bigoted or racist then that's another thing, but usually if someone's being a little ***** I just wonder why.
I also tend to just bottle things up for a really long time and stuff it in the back of my brain, but then I just explode when I reach a certain point haha (showing my sad to other people is a big heck no)

I cry too much, it's dumb but I don't know why I cry at almost everything. jsdh

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm trying to get better at not letting little things get to me, and not crying when I get mad or having thoughts that can just make me cry randomly in front of people because it's embarrassing especially in class.

It's hard to tell. I can be stone faced when a customer is being rude to me, and people have a hard time reading my emotions, simply because I don't really express them in my face alot. When I'm mad or annoyed, people can't tell by my face or tone of my voice. I guess to them I sound normal.

However there are times when I feel like crying for stupid stuff, usually work related. I remember one day was just TERRIBLE at work, and at the end of the day I wanted to cry -almost did- but it's such a stupid thing to cry about. There was also another time, almost a year ago back in my very first serious week of work, same job, where a customer reported me, and I was so scared that I was going to loose my job already. I was already thinking what I was going to tell my parents, and how this would awful on my next application blah blah blah... Well, I still have the job so it couldn't have been too aweful.

Basically, I think it's me making myself sensitive -or stupid lady hormones, idk- because I usually don't care otherwise.

I'm barely sensitive when it comes to what other people say about me. There are only a few things related to myself that I'd get upset if people talked about.
Likewise, there are only several topics that make me cry.

I'm a pretty sensitive person. I tend to overthink a lot and dig myself deeper into a pit of anxiety if I was feeling anxious in the first place. However, I consider myself pretty resilient. I bounce back pretty well.

I also tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve and it's hard for me to conceal how I feel. I'm kind of an open book in that you know how I am doing mentally and emotionally!

This topic has always made me laugh. You can say whatever you like to me and I'd be like "meh"

Last edited:
for me, it kind of depends. to some people, i'm "that hurt me but you wouldn't know it". to people i'm closer to, i'm "i'm sad and i show it"

i'm extremely sensitive and always react severely to things. i usually just wait until i'm alone though to show it. i'm not a person to cry in front of others. i just feel weak and like i'm begging for sympathy

I’m a big cry baby and can take a lot of things personally or overthink stuff, but I’ll hide it unless it’s someone I’m comfortable enough with to talk it out

i?m really sensitive which honestly kind of sucks, especially when i take offence to things that really aren?t a big deal.

It depends. I can show my emotions easily, but I don't want to upset other people with them. I usually just try to communicate my emotions with words so people can understand where I'm coming from.

I am not sensitive whatsoever. I've been told on multiple occasions that I'm very stern/intimidating even when I'm simply talking.

I'm just not that emotional in the long run. I'm normally on the logic, 'let's think this through' side than sensitive.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sensitive with people I'm really vunreable with. Most people I'm kinda whatever towards and they're way less likely to hurt my feelings but I can be suprisingly sensitive with people I'm close with.

It depends, but I'm mostly extremely sensitive and take comments about myself personally. I also have very low self esteem which doesn't help. I'm terrible at social cues, so I will interpret conversations to be always of a serious nature. Jokes also fly over my head very often.

If it's really close friends, I'm extremely open minded because I know that they mean well for me or are just joking around.

I'm probably the most sensitive person I know. I cry over the littlest things lol :') But that's okay, I think crying is therapeutic.

Back