• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters
im very sensitive. its something me and my therapist process a lot. shes recommended me books for the over sensitive person and has described me as very emphatic. my mom also says im a total empath and likes to talk about all the weaknesses it gives me haha. i just feel feelings very deeply ? i overly feel ? i feel a lot ? point is, anything a normal person feels, i feel 10x as much !

I'm pretty sensitive but over the years I've become very good at hiding just how sensitive I can get. If there's tension in the room it makes me feel really uneasy and I tend to go really quiet. Plus it doesn't take much to set me off if someone says something innocently towards me I instantly take it to heart and it can take a long while for me to get over it internally. Sometimes I hate being sensitive but overall I'd rather feel things deeply than not at all even if that means that I keep those internal feelings to myself.

Depends on the subject and who I'm talking to, I used to be less sensitive, but I think I was mostly just dissociating

I try to act very cold and confident in my day to day life so to command respect but I cry when I'm angry so it never works out lmaoooo

I'm pretty sensitive. If I get into pretty much any sort of confrontation, I get super anxious and usually cry. If someone else starts crying, I start crying. I have some good ideas as to why I react so strongly, but it's not something I really want to get into too much detail on here. I also have to be very careful about the kinds of media I consume; I can deal with some degree of violence and dark or sad themes, but if it gets past a certain point it becomes deeply upsetting to me and the effect can last for days. Since for me personally, getting spoilers is a lot less of a pain than getting blindsided by something distressing, I usually wind up heavily researching anything I'm interested in beforehand. If there's something in it that I don't feel like I can handle emotionally, I stay away.

I’m more sensitive than I’d like to admit. Two different people could tell me the same thing, and the way they say it will affect how I feel. I can usually tell if someone has a problem with me just by their attitude towards me. I read a lot into certain behaviors. I try my best not to upset others, but there’s a difference between being generally a nice person and changing my life to please others. I definitely won’t change my life to not hurt someone’s feelings. I know some people aren’t going to be okay with the way I live my life, but I try not to associate with those people. Even the smallest confrontation will make me anxious. I try to avoid conflict at all costs. Conflict in general is scary to me. If I feel like something is going to go down, I just walk away from the situation if I can, and hope it’s not too late. Sometimes there is conflict we can’t avoid which sucks, but it is what it is...

Back