How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters
I'm unfortunately excessively sensitive about things that involves my babies's wellness or happiness. And fortunately or unfortunately quite dumb stone cold about everything else, it seems. I know I would need to grow the ability of sympathy or empathy for those who I see spoiled adults but it's been hard tbh.

I'm a huge baby but I try not to let it show. I tend to overthink things and get really anxious about how certain people feel about me, so if something hurts my feelings I try to just wait until I'm alone and cry about it then because it probably wasn't intentional.

I'm horribly sensitive, and even when feeling happy, I'm somehow still very prone to bursting into tears... but that's probably because I've grown sensitive throughout the years due to being picked on, exposed to too much negativity and whatnot.

I tend to get emotional over even the smallest of things, but to name some "bigger" stuff regarding that, I get emotional over others spouting out negativity where I directly am (which I absolutely hate), having my berserk button pushed at a time where one really shouldn't do so (and believe it or not, that's not a too hard thing to do if it comes to me :/), people arguing/fighting about nothing in particular where I directly am (or, even worse, with me), etc., etc.

But to name some more positive(-ish) stuff, I also get emotional over music boxes (especially the irl ones with that boring old royalty-free music that loops da capo ad nauseam - if only they would produce and sell them with songs like K.K. Lullaby and the Piranha Plant's Lullaby instead! XD), and certain songs from old video games like Mario Kart 64 (especially Frappe Snowland/Sherbet Land :blush:), and even some VGM I never even heard before since I never played those games before, such as Super Mario Galaxy. (Gusty Garden Galaxy's music gets me every single time I hear it!)

i’m extremely sensitive to the point where i get hurt by things that i shouldn’t which causes arguments so ... being sensitive sucks lmao

i mean for me, it really depends. strangers could be saying the nastiest things towards me and i wouldnt care, but if someone im close to SLIGHTLY raises their voice at me all of the sudden i become the hoover dam.

I used to be really sensitive when I was little. Now, anything you say to me wouldn't affect me at all.

Last edited:
If its with people I don't know very well, I pretty much can take anything and laugh it off, if not make a joke out of it/ act overly upset ironically and usually insert a copy pasta if online.
But then when it comes to people I consider myself close to, even a slight raise of voice or in texting, a capital in the wrong place, it can change my whole mood. But usually I try not to show it because I don't want the attention/ or the other person to feel bad bc I know they probably didn't realise/mean it like that.

Yes I am very sensitive but over time I've tried to change how I react to things. Before anyone could say anything to me and tears would come to my eyes but now I can somewhat control the tears & attempt to not over react. I wouldn't say I've "hardened" but rather life lessons have given me better coping mechanisms when it comes to being overly sensitive. It's really hard though when you're a sensitive squishy human.

haaaaaaaaahhhh funny funny questien

i have 10 siblings so you can imagine what happened to my emotions after several years of trauma

I have been known to be pretty sensitive before, it made it more difficult because I am empathetic too.
Though currently in life I find I am more centred, detached, objective. I guess it helped to do some inner work and self exploration, to see things from a vantage point, ground down and not take things personally, being self aware and mindful of my emotions, etc.

In high school I would usually try to keep it in and hated how I cried all the time so easily. Though when someone pressed a button too far I would explode [and then regret it later...]

I am the type who would like to wear armour and a mask in front of strangers and outside my home, but once I am at home, it is like an ocean flooding over and even at home I will need space to myself by myself [kind of like a cat]. I find I am more free with my emotions at home, it is that comfort zone where you can't help but let loose.

Sensitivity could also just be a reactive/subjective state of mind or a lot of repressed emotions that burst forth because some were never taught how to express themselves in a healthy way or were conditioned not to from childhood.

Perhaps it could be we just sense/feel more,like a 6th sense? Like how some have sensitive hearing or sense of smell. It is like someone who wasn't really built for this harsh world and haven't really adjusted to it yet either so they can feel really overwhelmed by it all [this could depend on the person though]. but I feel it also helps us connect to others easily like littletwinclouds described, makes us aware of how our actions can effect others because we know how it feels and it could mean we have a lot to give which is different to what this world is used to.

Also EMOTIONS = Energy in motion = not good for you if you keep that stuff locked up.

Whether your sensitive or not though, there is no wrong way to be. Everyone is different yet the same, It is all experience.[ as long as no one gets severely hurt/traumatised]

Of course that is just my take on it [ sorry for the rant]... 😳

It is new for me to share this so thanks for this thread 🌷

Depends. There’s a few people who if I feel like they’re annoyed with me or ignoring me omg I get wounded, or if they refer to me negatively at all - big sad. But if say a stranger is mean to me it just makes me angry, more than it upsets me. Like whom raised you :/

All of the above? lol, it really just depends on the situation and who I’m dealing with. But for the most part if it deals with strangers or even certain friends I most likely wouldn’t be bothered or even show how I’m really feeling and just shrug it off. But if it’s my SO or family members, I’m more of an emotional wreck. I’m working on that though, I find myself more sensitive these days than back in the day when I was still living with my mom and siblings.

Last edited:
I am so sensitive lmao. I cry at everything which is very annoying.

I'm so sensitive it's kind of embarrassing. Recently I had a meeting with a professor I disliked because I needed help and she was very degrading the entire time. I called my mom straight after in tears. If you confront me negatively in any sort of way, I'll usually be upset about it for days. My household has members with mental illness so I've learned to just bottle up my feelings, but sometimes I just can't hold it in anymore.

I'm a huge baby. It's incredibly easy to tell when I'm upset, also. I wear it like a medal around my neck. It's so obvious. I dislike being sensitive and really easy to read.

I went with moderately sensitive. It depends on the situation I'm experiencing, who is involved, and my mood at the time. Generally, I wear my heart on my sleeve because I'm an emotional sponge and I find it more exhausting to suppress or hide my emotions.

Back