• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

are you good at tolerating lactose?

are you lactose intolerant? (BAD at the ancient art of lactose toleration)

• Total voters
I thought the poll question was the same aa the topic question so I had to do a quick change. No, I am not lactose intolerant. Ice cream is literally my favourite dessert and I've had dairy-free ice cream and its not the same. I love other milk products too like yoghurt, cheese and kefir. I can't imagine not being able to eat them.

i used to be but i guess my body just decided to quit on me in that aspect because lately, whenever i drink milk, i start dry heaving. it's weird cuz i can still drink coffee and tea, and eat pizza and other baked goods with no problem, but drinking just milk makes me ill. idk it's weird lol

I used to, and then things shifted as I got older. Probably because I don't drink a lot of milk in general, anyway. I did have a phase where I'd eat yogurt every day, but it made me MISERABLE. At the time, I thought it was the iron supplements I was taking or something. Also, it was probiotic (Activia), but I'm not sure if that's relevant in how it might affect my gut biome or if I was more sensitive. Anyways, I finally figured out that it was probably because lactose intolerance had finally caught up to me, since my dad is also, and I stopped. I still try to have lactose-free yogurt sometimes, which is fine, but it gets pricey.

i am an avid milk with coffee drinker so yes i can tolerate dairy products well. i love cheese as well. i feel sorry for my lactose intolerant peeps

I used to be! But now I am not. I avoid it as much as possible. If I eat a liiiiiittle bit, it's okay. And of course if I take a lactaid, I can tolerate it because I'm supplementing the enzyme. But just plain Jane straight-out-the-teat lactose? No. Cannot. It's dairy-free for me.

a little bit is usually fine but i can't have much like, a glass of milk. a bit of cheese won't hurt though

I tolerate lactose very well and I am very grateful. My sister can't handle lactose so I dodged a bullet.

Nope, I can only eat certain dairy products with lactase enzymes such as a slice of cake or pizza. While I've always had some trouble digesting milk, I didn't really experience any severe problems until 2017 when my stomach nearly exploded after drinking milk. Tbh, you people who aren't lactose intolerant should be thankful because living with lactose intolerance or IBS can be frustrating, especially when it interferes with your daily life. Like I literally couldn't work or go to college for a year cuz I had to visit a gastroenterologist several times to get my health problems sorted out. And because I have a sensitive stomach, I often carry a few gas relief tablets with me when I go out places in case I get bloated after eating. Even though having an intolerance to lactose has been stressful since I'm forced to read food labels carefully, I've become accustomed to living with it. Hence I usually do not develop any cravings for dairy products and I often don't eat for pleasure. I just see food as a means to keep my stomach full.

i love how this is phrased as if it's a skill lmao

for the most part yeah, but i can't eat most uncooked cheese. like i can eat pizza, mac and cheese, and other cheesey dishes just fine, but if i ate just a cube of cheddar i might have problems

i am not lack toes and toler ants, i am very skillful in tolerating the lactose. i just prefer not to because 1. i don’t regularly eat cheese 2. milk is the worst drink on planet earth.

i am not lack toes and toler ants, i am very skillful in tolerating the lactose. i just prefer not to because 1. i don’t regularly eat cheese 2. milk is the worst drink on planet earth.
i loved this post for lack toes toler anting skills and then immediately unloved it for the milk opinion. you take that back ☹️

i loved this post for lack toes toler anting skills and then immediately unloved it for the milk opinion. you take that back ☹️
no, milk IS the worst drink and i stand by my opinion. let me argue my side: smells awful, looks awful (like bleach), TASTES AWFUL. milk does not go with every meal even though the milk propaganda people like to say that. i will eat my cereal dry, i am not joking. i will happily drink my almond milk in the corner, i drink water with my breakfast. stay hydrated, hydrohomies.

no, milk IS the worst drink and i stand by my opinion. let me argue my side: smells awful, looks awful (like bleach), TASTES AWFUL. milk does not go with every meal even though the milk propaganda people like to say that. i will eat my cereal dry, i am not joking. i will happily drink my almond milk in the corner, i drink water with breakfast. stay hydrated, hydrohomies.
it smells lovely (like chemicals) and it tastes lovely (like chemicals). i love chemicals. i love the churning feeling it gives my insides. it's an acquired taste. it also looks amazing. it looks like bleach. i wish I could drink bleach. but that's bad and I wouldn't do it, so I drink milk. milk is just amazing I love my white chemical cow juice water in fact I love it so much I drink it alone. no cereal. nobody, and I mean, nobody. nothing will come between me and the taste of my milk except maybe strawberry powder but that's like besides the point. ymuuy delicious refreshing chemical cow juice. I am sad you don't like it. this has greatly hurt my feelings

it smells lovely (like chemicals) and it tastes lovely (like chemicals). i love chemicals. i love the churning feeling it gives my insides. it's an acquired taste. it also looks amazing. it looks like bleach. i wish I could drink bleach. but that's bad and I wouldn't do it, so I drink milk. milk is just amazing I love my white chemical cow juice water in fact I love it so much I drink it alone. no cereal. nobody, and I mean, nobody. nothing will come between me and the taste of my milk except maybe strawberry powder but that's like besides the point. ymuuy delicious refreshing chemical cow juice. I am sad you don't like it. this has greatly hurt my feelings

✨chemicalmaxxing✨ would argue but yet again i drink my water with a side of red40. gotta love the hustle even though i don’t respect it.

i may have mild lack toes and toddler ants but not enough to stop me from drinking milkshakes and eating copious amounts of whipped cream

my body's gonna have to try harder than gas and stomach aches to stop me

some days my stomach is nice to me and i have no problems, other days i’ll order a coffee out and it’ll have regular ol milk and hours later my stomach will be angry

i can have other dairy products perfectly fine! it’s just milk that bothers me now :0(

I'm pretty sure I'm at least mildly lactose intolerant and always have been. when I was a kid and wanted to grow big and strong I drank milk every day (yuck) and I also had inexplicable stomach aches all the time until I stopped. I still love other dairy products though so I have made no changes since realizing this

I started out in life being lactose intolerant and then I grew out of it for quite a few years and then grew right back into it in my late twenties/early 30s. It sucks I hate it. Digestive advantage helps pretty well and beano (the kind made specifically for lactose intolerance) also helps a bit. Lactaid never did anything for me.

Never have been. My one cousin growing up was lactose intolerant, but only to an extent I think. They couldn't drink milk, and now I believe they have to get special types of milk that aren't dairy-based like soy milk. But I remember them being able to eat cheese and maybe other stuff just fine.
Nope! I can digest lactose with no problem whatsoever. Ice cream, milk, whatever it is, my iron stomach can handle it.

Unless it's onions. I cannot eat those deadly things.
I actually like onions, but my uncle hates them and has to inspect every meal thoroughly if they have them in or not haha. It's actually strange that there aren't more people who dislike potatoes. The actual plant itself is poisonous and there's only a certain point in ripeness when they are safe for consumption. The gases from rotten potatoes can be deadly if in an enclosed area and it happened to a family in Russia about 8 years back.

Back