• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Far Out Frequencies

Kaiaa

Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
3954-2752-4988
Dark Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Nightmare Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Blue Balloon
Green Balloon
Toy Hammer
Isabelle
1689858223754.png

*khhrrzt*
This is ground control to "the Lopez". Do you copy?

We are picking up some interference in the comms system, is everything alright?

Lopez, do you copy?
*khhrrzt*
This is Quarter 1 Co-Leader Kaiaa, we copy!

Yes, everything is alright, however, Gulliver has vanished! We can’t find him on the ship anywhere. Last I saw him, he was sleep walking and mumbling something about wanting to collect some rocks and flora for a project he’s working on. Over.

*khhrrzt*
Thank you for the prompt response, Quarter 1 Co-Leader Kaiaa. Don’t worry about Gulliver, he tends to go missing off every ship he works on. We’re sure he’ll be alright. Again, what about the interference? Have you noticed any strange signals coming your way? Over.

*khhrrzt*
Oh, yes! Sorry about that. I believe Quarter 4 Co-Leader Mistreil mentioned something about that too --- oh wait, it sounds like something is coming in now!

Mission Objective 🛸

Good morning campers… or is it night? It’s hard to tell when you’re floating around up here in space!

Anyway, I am looking for the best code breakers your Quarters have to offer to help me wrap my head around these mysterious beeps and pings we are getting. I’ve already figured out that some of these noises are associated with the letters of the English alphabet, but they still seem so jumbled up. Can you take a look at this and see if you can make any sense of it?

Your mission is to unscramble the letter-fall style puzzle to reveal a message. Puzzles and puzzle answers will be released on a schedule which is as follows:

Frequency 1 opens on Wednesday the 26th of July and closes Saturday the 29th of July at 11:59PM EDT. The answer for this puzzle will be revealed with the release of the next puzzle around 12PM EDT.

Frequency 2 will open on Sunday the 30th order July and close on Wednesday the 2nd of August at 11:59PM EDT. The answer for this puzzle will be revealed with the release on the 3rd of August around 12PM EDT. Frequency 2 can be found here!

Frequency 3 will open on Wednesday the 2nd of August and close Saturday the 5th of August at 11:59PM EDT. The answer for this puzzle will be revealed with the release of the next puzzle around 12PM EDT. Frequency 3 can be found here!

Frequency 4 will open on Sunday the 6th of August and close on Wednesday the 9th of August at 11AM EDT. Keep in mind this is AM, you will have less time to finish this puzzle so be aware of that. The answer will be revealed Wednesday the 9th of August a little after the puzzle closes around 11AM EDT. Frequency 4 can be found here!
***Frequency 4 is in two parts, the answer to both parts must be submitted in your submission thread in order to receive your credit***

Ideally, puzzles will be available by 12pm EDT on the day of their release. Sometimes we have technical difficulties, so please be patient and I will post just as soon as I am available to!

Rules🛸

• Puzzles should be worked alone or between the confines of your own quarters with your quarter mates, please do not share answers between quarters.
  • Do not edit your answer submission, you only have one shot at getting the correct answer so make it count! If you did not receive credit -- your answer was wrong. If you believe it were correct, please contact your event host @Kaiaa.
  • Do not post your answers to this thread or any public thread, as we may have to throw you out the air lock! This includes your crew boards!
How To Submit🛸

• When you have unscrambled the puzzle, post the revealed message in your own private thread to the Submissions Board.
  • You will post a new thread for each Round. Make sure your thread is easily identify able by naming it something like "Far Our Frequencies Round 1" or "FOFR1"
  • Please unscramble the whole message and post the entire puzzle answer in your private thread; partial credit is not accepted.
  • Spelling counts, but not capitalization
  • Remember – Editing your post voids your answer and you will not receive credit, so please be sure you are submitting the correct information.
Prizes🛸

• 6 Mission Tokens per round for a correct submission (partial credit will not be given, answers must be exact)!
  • 5 points for your team for a correct answer per round!

Frequently Asked Questions🛸

How do I play?
Look at the code and the corresponding boxes below. Each letter and box are arranged in columns. Each letter will fall directly below into one of the white boxes that correspond with its column. When you have placed all letters in their correct place, a message will be revealed. Try to start with the easy words first and be sure to cross off the letters you already used so you don't get confused.

I already figured out the puzzle, can I just message everyone in my Quarter the answer for easy points?
While I can’t stop you, this is discouraged because 1, if you and everyone post the wrong information, no one receives anything and 2, that is disrespectful to the time and work our Admin, Moderators, and Project Staff have put into making this a fun experience for you and everyone else. Try to remember the spirit of Camp isn’t just to win, it’s to have fun! Now, if you want to do group work for these puzzles, get a few of your Quarter mates together to try and figure it out!

Do I need to submit my answer in text form or upload an image of the completed puzzle?
Whichever is easiest for you, so long as it's correct!

Can I upload an image in my private submission instead of typing it out?
Yes!

Who do I contact for questions about this event?
@Kaiaa will be your host for this event, so please contact them if you have any questions!

After sleeping a little too long in the sensory deprivation tank, I managed to wake up last minute and catch this message! Who thinks they've got what it takes to crack this code?

(Printable PDF Below)

Attachments

• Puzzle 1.pdf
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 188
I have a question. When you submit your answers, does it have to be in text form, or do you have to post the picture of the answer in your submission thread?

When is the end time for each round? Is it also at 12 PM EDT?
Yes, at 12PM EDT on the day of the next scheduled frequency.

I have a question. When you submit your answers, does it have to be in text form, or do you have to post the picture of the answer in your submission thread?
Oh I knew this was going to be a question! Either or is fine, whichever is easier for you!

I will go ahead and add these to the frequently asked questions!

this is a stupid question, and maybe i missed the answer in the OP, but should we treat boxes with punctuation as if they're already filled, or should there be a letter to go with the punctuation? i'm guessing the former, but i just want to be 100% sure.

this is a stupid question, and maybe i missed the answer in the OP, but should we treat boxes with punctuation as if they're already filled, or should there be a letter to go with the punctuation? i'm guessing the former, but i just want to be 100% sure.
Yes, a box with a punctuation mark is ready filled!

Do any of the words loop from one line to the next (ie if there’s a 4 letter word at the end of a line could it be a 6 letter word spanning 2 lines)?

Do any of the words loop from one line to the next (ie if there’s a 4 letter word at the end of a line could it be a 6 letter word spanning 2 lines)?
That is a good question; no, all words will be completely on one line, no partially spanning the next line.

Hey guys, remember if you're having trouble to try and knock off the short words first.

That is a good question; no, all words will be completely on one line, no partially spanning the next line.

Hey guys, remember if you're having trouble to try and knock off the short words first.
Oh this is a big help.
I'll definitely give this another go.

What my head is already imploding! I really need to print it out and I hope I will get it xD

That took me forever but it was fun!!! Though I got a bit confused when it came to submitting, so I ended up putting the message in both the thread description and the "Your Guess" box ^^; I hope I didn't mess it up!!!

That took me forever but it was fun!!! Though I got a bit confused when it came to submitting, so I ended up putting the message in both the thread description and the "Your Guess" box ^^; I hope I didn't mess it up!!!
I was wondering about that! I finished, but not submitting til tomorrow. Didn't want to mess it up...

Back