• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎮 Hi-Score Hijinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyDestani

🌷Happy Little Leif🌷
Staff
Bells
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Tulip
White Tulip
White Rose
White Tulip
Red Tulip
1709822951959.png

Are you looking for a challenge? Perhaps a little friendly competition? Show off your skills by playing either one or both of the mini-games available in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Share your results and see how you rank compared to your fellow forum members!

🏝️ Task 🧩

Complete a game of Desert Island Escape and/or Puzzle League in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Submit your best score for each game by posting a screenshot in this thread by Thursday, March 21st at 11:59PM EDT.

See additional details below including the breakdown of which levels and modes you are required to play as well as submission guidelines.

🏝️ Desert Island Escape 🏝️

Level: Map 1 - Beginner

What is needed to play:
  • Wii U Console furniture item in New Leaf
  • 6 Play Coins (obtained via the step counter when your 3DS is in sleep mode)
Amiibo allowed? ✅

🧩 Puzzle League 🧩

Mode: Score Attack - Easy

What is needed to play:
  • New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL furniture item in New Leaf
Amiibo allowed? ❌

🏝️ Submission Guidelines 🧩

• Only one entry per person per game. This means you may submit one entry for Desert Island Escape and one entry for Puzzle League.
  • Your entry is considered final once posted and may not be edited without permission from a TBT staff member. Do not submit your entry until you are satisfied with your score.
  • Your score must be achieved on your own without assistance from anyone else.
  • When you are ready to submit your score, please take a photo of the scoreboard on your 3DS/2DS. A physical namecard displaying your TBT username must be visible in the photo and your scores must be legible.
    • Screenshots are not allowed because of the difficulty in providing proof.
  • Please submit your scores for Desert Island Escape and Puzzle League in separate posts if at all possible. This will help with prize distribution.
Note: I did not think to use a namecard when taking a photo of Puzzle League. You will need a namecard for both of your submissions.
nMHwOWQ.jpeg
Ut5hl53.jpeg

🏝️ Prizes 🧩

Desert Island Escape:
  • Participation = Score below 20,000
    • 5 Meow Coupons
    • 5 Bells
  • Mid-Range = Score between 20,000 and 40,000
    • 10 Meow Coupons
    • 10 Bells
  • Top Tier = Score above 40,000
    • 15 Meow Coupons
    • 15 Bells
  • Highest Overall Score
    • Complete ACNL House Letter Set (Choice of Yellow の or Purple の)
      33.jpg
      34.jpg
      35.jpg
      36.jpg
      [
      37.jpg
      OR
      635.jpg
      ]
      38.jpg
Current High Score = 92,020 by Chibi.Hoshi

Puzzle League:
  • Participation = Score below 5,000
    • 5 Meow Coupons
    • 5 Bells
  • Mid-Range = Score between 5,000 and 10,000
    • 10 Meow Coupons
    • 10 Bells
  • Top Tier = Score above 10,000
    • 15 Meow Coupons
    • 15 Bells
  • Highest Overall Score
    • Complete ACNL House Letter Set (Choice of Yellow の or Purple の)
      33.jpg
      34.jpg
      35.jpg
      36.jpg
      [
      37.jpg
      OR
      635.jpg
      ]
      38.jpg
Current High Score = 696,969 by IonicKarma

🏝️ FAQs 🧩

May I submit entries for both Desert Island Escape and Puzzle League?
Yes! Please check the submission guidelines above to make sure you get rewarded for your efforts in both games.

Is online play required?
No, this is a solo event with no online play.

After submitting my entry, I got a higher score. May I edit or resubmit my entry?
No. This would create complications so we ask that you only submit your scores when you are truly satisfied with them.

May I use Amiibos for Desert Island Escape?
Yes! You are allowed to use any villagers/NPCs at your disposal whether they are in your town or scanned in via Amiibo.

May I use Amiibos for Puzzle League?
No. Unlike Desert Island Escape, Amiibos in Puzzle League provide significant advantages to players who use them so they will not be allowed.

I don't have access to New Leaf. May I play the games elsewhere? (i.e. Amiibo Festival)
No. As this is our farewell to New Leaf event, you are required to play the games within New Leaf.

Do the prizes stack?
No. The maximum amount you could earn for Top Tier scores in both games is 30 Meow Coupons and 30 Bells.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Omg desert island escape!!! I loved it so much back in the ACNL games! I am hyped for this event.

In all seriousness, I would like to know the meta villagers for the first map of Desert Island Escape so I can earn a much better high score.

If asking for such thing is against the rules, I deeply apologize.

In all seriousness, I would like to know the meta villagers for the first map of Desert Island Escape so I can earn a much better high score.

If asking for such thing is against the rules, I deeply apologize.
I don't have a problem with people discussing their preferred teams if they'd like. It's somewhat subjective and I'm pretty sure you can find old threads about it on the forum anyway.

Forgot how much that game makes you sweat
il take mid range haha! 7160

image0 (2) (1).jpeg

Anyone know the best way to obtain the item necessary for this if I don’t want to time travel? Or is that basically the only way

Anyone know the best way to obtain the item necessary for this if I don’t want to time travel? Or is that basically the only way
You could trade with people if anyone is willing. Even if it's just a temporary trade with a friend to complete your submission and give the items back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back