• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you wear/own a traditional wristwatch?

Do you wear/own a traditional wristwatch?

• Total voters
I own one and have attempted to wear them over the years, but inevitably stopped due to hating the feeling of something touching and rubbing against my wrists ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I have an automatic Omega watch. Automatic means that it doesn't have a battery, instead it charges while wearing it thanks to the movements of your wrist. That also means that if you don't wear it often enough, it will stop ticking and you have to "charge" it again by shaking it and obviously you also have to readujst the time.

It was a gift from my father when I moved out. He loves watches and has a collection. But he buys them to resell them (lol). As far as I know, in the recent years, they don't sell as well as they used to.

Anyway, I stopped wearing my watch when the wristband got into terrible condition. It's a cheap, black fake leather wristband and the "coating" has come off so it looks like literal trash. There's no way I can wear it like this. I'd need to buy a new wristband but I never think about that.

I also hate that I have scratched the glass a bit by hitting it against stuff. :/

I have an automatic Omega watch.
Very nice! I hate when I don't wear my automatics and I have to reset them! My favourite automatic has to be my Seiko SKX009. I wear that one the most. My other auto favourites are a Seiko SKX007 and a SKX009K2. They are very similar but I love them!

20240211_072046-min.jpg

Back in high school and college I always wore a watch. The color and type didnโ€™t matter, I just bought whatever was cheap and cute.

However, that stopped when my family and I moved to our current county. I stopped wearing watches because the heat of the sun would either heat up the watch to an uncomfortable temperature; or it rub off the dye on the strap onto my skin.

Wrist watches are against food safety rules when you're a line cook. They're known to be a breeding spot for bacteria and it could get into the food. I stopped wearing watches since then. They're kind of a pain to put on and take off after a while.

Last edited:
Watches dislike me, cheap or not, they stop working after a little while and don't come back to life even with a new battery. The guy at the repair shop even told me to stop bringing them. I was just wearing them at work because I find watches uncomfortable and my wrist get all sweaty and black if there is metal on it. My favorite one was a thumb watch, I like watches you can wear on your fingers instead, it's like a ring, it's pretty, but it stopped working too, so no more watches.

i used to own a few watches, though they were more accessories than proper watches. it's too big a pain to replace the batteries often and don't want to splurge on an automatic movement. they're nice, but i think they're more a novelty than something i would wear normally these days.

I used to own a few but since the last one I had quit working I've yet to buy another. There's an antique shop close to where I live that has a cabinet full of vintage watches, and since seeing them there I have been considering getting one, provided it's in working order. This thread might be a sign I should go back, haha!

I feel so bad saying no since I know how much you love wristwatches, but Iโ€™ve never worn one. I donโ€™t really like the feel of most accessories on me, so wearing things like wristwatches, bracelets, rings, necklaces etc is usually a no-go for me unless itโ€™s a special occasion and I want to dress up. I do own a wristwatch that my late grandmother gifted to me, but Iโ€™ve never worn it. I donโ€™t know what brand it is or how old it is, but itโ€™s pretty! Maybe Iโ€™ll dig it out of my jewelry box and add a photo of it later.

I don't wear them, and I don't think I own any at the moment. I did wear them sometimes when I was a kid though. From what I remember I couldn't help playing with them when I wore them. Same with bracelets. I don't think I broke any watches, but I definitely broke a few bracelets doing that...

Nope, I don't own and never wear any kind of watch. I don't like the feeling of wearing them (or anything else) on my wrists and don't care for them aesthetically. If I need to check the time I'd just look at my phone instead.

I have a smart watch that I used to wear to be able to check my texts and listen to music while I worked.

I haven't worn it in a while but I have been meaning to charge it and connect it to my new phone.

I wear a Fitbit, mostly for the health features rather than anything else. I like being able to track my sleep and other metrics on it. I brought a metal mesh strap for it which is was more comfortable for me than fabric ones or silicon (which irritates my skin). I do like the look of traditional watches though โŒš๏ธ

she should be using a magnifying glass to see if she can find footprints
No no no, there are no foot prints where the head goes! ๐Ÿ™„ We're talking about the pillow here. Your head goes on a pillow, so if anything, we're looking for.... headprints? ๐Ÿค” We're gonna need another instrument of some sort underneath that pillow alongside that ruler and magnifying glass then... ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ”

i own a couple that used to be my grandma's, though the batteries have been dead for a long time and i have no intention of replacing them. they're just a fashion accessory for me, i have my phone if i need to know what time it is lol.

I don't really like the feeling of wearing a watch, but I do own two watches that I wear!

One is a smart watch. I use it to track running/exercise, get messages/notifications, and pay for things. The band is a little wider than I'd like, but overall I like it a lot! I like that you can change the background, change the display (what is shown, whether it's digital/"analogue").
1707853422688.jpeg
The second is an analogue watch that I bought just because I think it's really pretty! The band is really fine, and the colours and design just feel nice!
1707853487071.jpeg

Back