• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you wear/own a traditional wristwatch?

Do you wear/own a traditional wristwatch?

• Total voters
I'm not one for wristwatches, I'm basically one of those smartphone users who can quickly check the time that way. Plus I don't think I could bear the fact of wearing one every day and taking care of it. My phone is enough alright?

I don't own any traditional watches, but I do own and wear an Apple Watch. While I do love the aesthetic and style of traditional watches, I would probably wear them on rare occasions, due to function compromise in comparison to smart watches. For me, my Apple watch makes it easier to remind me of events, little notifications, and change music without having to take my phone out of my pocket—as lazy as that sounds. One downside I have found to wearing watches, though, as many others have mentioned, is the feel of them on my wrist. It took some time to initially get used to it, and from time to time my wrist still starts to feel "squished" after a long period of wear. I feel like this is mostly due to the watch band being elastic and stretching/being tightened though.

I own traditional watches but I never wear them, even before I got a smart watch. I wear my apple watch basically every day that I leave the house, it's surprisingly the only watch that doesn't bother me to wear because I'm very weird about wearing things on my wrists, I have a collection of watches and bracelets that I've been given that I never wear but I don't have the heart to get rid of (They were GIFTS!!!). I wish I could wear normal watches without them bothering me, I love the fashion of them. I have this one watch with a very nice shade of brown for the wrist strap that would go great with my outfits, but every time I wear it I wanna rip it off.

i have one traditional watch that i used to wear in high school, but the battery died and i never got around to getting it fixed. i wear an apple watch almost daily now. it's great for when i'm at work so i don't have to pull out my phone to check my calls & notifications. my boyfriend owns several traditional watches and wears one all the time

I like the aesthetic of analog wristwatches, but the ticking sound of analog clocks drives me insane.
Digital watches obviously don't have that problem, but they're all very sporty/childish-looking. That being said, I did get the cheapest, most basic Casio for lab exercises in uni, since we weren't allowed to use our phones but needed to track the time.
Smart watches theoretically combine the best of both worlds (can emulate analog without ticking, or have a new, cool aesthetic), besides having other unique features, but I'm too paranoid about getting more smart devices than I absolutely need, lol.

I don't own a traditional watch, but I do use a smartwatch seasonally.
In the warm months I wear fitness band, not for tracking activity but rather for a quick time check, I find it really convenient. During the winter, when I usually have a long sleeve, the watch becomes quite uncomfortable for me, so now it waits for spring.

I have an old pocket watch that still works. From like the 19th century? It's tucked away in a box of relics somewhere, but I don't really have any watch that I use. I used to have one as a kid, but not anymore.

You made taking an armful of watches look easy. But I did the same... I think we have the same Casio digital watch.

1000003282.jpg

Did we just become best friends?

My sister got me a traditional watch, which I don't wear as often as I should because it "feels too fancy". It's rosegold and you can see the little gears. I actually will make an effort to take it out more.

I have a wristwatch but I don't wear it as the battery is dead and idk how to change it without destroying the back of it. I don't like things on my wrists normally because it gets in the way of doing things or washing my hands. For a long time I had this keychain of a gold lady bug that had a clock face under its wings. You would pinch the antennas to open its wings to see the clock. I used that especially if I couldn't have my phone on me. This was during school or some jobs that were picky about phones. Id just have it on my keys or belt loop. I'm not sure what happened to it. I wouldn't mind having another that's similar. It was pretty small and sturdy and not blingy.

I don’t own a wrist watch at the moment, but I have been thinking about getting one just to have so I don’t have to keep checking my phone to know the time. It also is just good to have a backup option just in case.

I’ve never owned a traditional watch that actually fit my wrist, but I do have a Fitbit! I wore it all the time for a year straight but for some reason the most recent time it ran out of charge, I put it on my desk and haven’t picked it back up since. I liked it the most for tracking my sleep so I should definitely charge jt back up again

I used to own a really cute analog owl watch in high school, but it got really old and frayed, so I had to eventually let it go. I think I'd wear it every day, which is kind of impressive, since I usually hate the feeling of something on my wrists. It was so convenient to have something to look at to check the time, and it looked so cute with fits. Hm...maybe I should look into getting another analog wristwatch sometime...

i'm no good at reading analog clocks so i don't bother. i used to own this pink my melody wristwatch i got from a mcdonalds happy meal when i was a kid. it stopped working really quickly, but it was cute so i kept wearing it.

I used to wear a traditional watch all the time as a kid. Then I didn’t for the longest time due to having some sort of handheld device on me with the time. The last year or two I’ve had a smartwatch but I mostly just wear it at work and have most notifications that aren’t important silenced on it so it’s not as distracting.

Back