• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like to remodel villager homes?

Do you like to remodel villager homes?

• I have the DLC, and I love to remodel

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • I have the DLC, but I don't bother/care to remodel

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don't have the DLC, but I wish could remodel

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don't have the DLC, and don't care to remodel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain?)

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Cheremtasy

Lost in the memories
Bells
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Lily
White Lily
I'm wondering who here likes to remodel villager homes, and if you do, do you have a preference on remodelling their exteriors or interiors? Are there any specific villagers who you've enjoyed remodelling for, or couldn't wait to remodel when you unlocked the ability to do so, and why? ๐Ÿค” And for those that don't have the HHP DLC, do you wish you could remodel villager homes, and if so, same questions apply (which parts of the house would you remodel, what villagers, etc.).

I tend to remodel all of my villagers homes, though I've left/made minor changes to exteriors if I already like them. I even remodel villagers who are temporary if I like them enough because I find it fun to play around with. I was definitely most looking forward to remodelling Fang's house. If I recall, his exterior was fine and I believe I only made some minor tweaks, however his interior screams "old person" and it just wasn't doing it for me for how I write him in my lore, so I had to totally re-do his interior. ๐Ÿ˜… Sadly I don't have access to my switch for the next few days, but I may edit the OP/ post in this thread to show his before(default) and after when I am able to. Feel free to post pictures of your remodelled exteriors or interiors too, I'm really curious to know how other people decorate their villagers homes. ๐Ÿฅบ

I like remodeling villager houses. I get more freedom from decorating the houses with ugly interiors.

Iโ€™ve decorated all of my villagers homes on my two islands. Some of their starter interiors and home designs did not suit the characters. I gave each one a different theme that is more suited to them.

I actually really enjoy it, youโ€™re given a theme and 3 objects that must be used but apart from that itโ€™s all on you (plus no matter how ugly it is the villager will always tell you how good it is loool)

I have the DLC but I haven't remodeled anyone's home yet. I like my current villagers interior for the most part even Tank's. I just wish they were a bit bigger so I can give the ones that don't have one a bed.

I haven't gotten do that point in my current save yet, but in my old one I did do a spot of remodeling. Will probably do more again (especially with my starter villagers to get them actually cool-looking houses) once I'm able to in this save!

I have the DLC, and I remodeled all my villagers homes. I feel like I kinda of ruined them, and I can't really be bothered fixing them at this point. That being said, I like that I'll always have the option. I could even put them back to their default homes if I wanted, without random gifts, etc.

I love decorating their homes! Honestly for me that was one of the biggest highlights of the dlc when it came out, I think it helped make the game that much more customizable. I havent decorated all of my villagers homes yet, but i usually fully change the interiors, but the exteriors i usually try to somewhat keep unless i really hated them. I havent gotten to decorating outside any homes but i think having the option to change exteriors to match with decor is really useful as well :>

Yesss!! I remodelled all of them to a more refined style of what they already had. Plus i like to put seasonal stuff in there too, like a Christmas tree or a bounty wreath or a basket of Easter eggs :)

I like the idea of it! Especially considering two of my villagers still have starter homes. But I just never seem to be able to find the time for it. Same with decorating the vacation homes too, really. I think I just donโ€™t actually like indoor decorating much. Partly cause it is so isolated from the rest of the game, you canโ€™t see your villagers wandering around, or take a quick break to shoot down a balloon or catch a bug.

I made minor changes to each villagers homes except Gaston which needed an over haul cause his place was just garbage.

I don't really care to , to be honest..
I only would want to remodel the especially sad villager homes... Dom and Zucker appears in my mind immediately haha.. or if I was attached to their home in the past games, then I'd want to remodel them but I wasn't too attached to any of them

i have the dlc and honestly i think being able to remodel villagers' homes is one of the best parts about new horizons. i just wish you could make the interior slightly bigger :v

my only real complaint is that i hope in the next installment it's included in the base game so more people are able to remodel without needing to pay for the dlc lol. it's just kinda annoying visiting someone's finished dream address and the villagers are rocking ugly default homes, and a lot of default homes for villagers are UGLY in new horizons.

my only real complaint is that i hope in the next installment it's included in the base game so more people are able to remodel without needing to pay for the dlc lol. it's just kinda annoying visiting someone's finished dream address and the villagers are rocking ugly default homes.
THIS IS SYO TRUE, even if it's just added in an update I really hope it's a base-game feature cause ESPECIALLY IF THEY DO THE THING WHERE THEY DON'T GIVE VILLAGERS WHO MOVE IN IN THE EARLYGAME THEIR PROPER HOMES it'd just be a good feature to be able to have, especially for dream town makers.

I made minor changes to each villagers homes except Gaston which needed an over haul cause his place was just garbage.
Some of these animals have no taste.
i have the dlc and honestly i think being able to remodel villagers' homes is one of the best parts about new horizons. i just wish you could make the interior slightly bigger :v

my only real complaint is that i hope in the next installment it's included in the base game so more people are able to remodel without needing to pay for the dlc lol. it's just kinda annoying visiting someone's finished dream address and the villagers are rocking ugly default homes, and a lot of default homes for villagers are UGLY in new horizons.
I differ from you in that I don't care so much about it being DLC or not, just that it's actually included. I hate when game series include amazingly integral features like this and then don't bring it back. Pokรฉmon is notorious for this.

Back