• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you watch reality competition/game shows?

Do you watch reality competition shows?

• Yes, I often do

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Rarely

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Only one in specific

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Coach

mr struggle
Bells
Switch
5359-8382-5309
Golden Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Tulip
White Tulip
Recently I have been watching a show on Netflix which fall under the reality competition genre (The Trust), and it is one of my favourite types of show. I like watching long running reality competition shows like Survivor, but also stuff like The Mole and more recently The Traitors! What are your thoughts on this sort of show, do you like them and watch them? If you enjoy them, what are you currently watching or what are your top shows?

def the best is the traitors ! ive also got a soft spot for the apprentice (uk version !) even tho it's crap.

i also loooooove the great british sewing bee lol, i watch that every year without fail

My family liked American Idol when I was growing up. We almost never actually finished any of the seasons and would drop halfway through. I wonder if I would even enjoy it now. I'm strongly considering following a season for curiosity and nostalgia sake.

Yes! I love those types of shows. I’ve watched The Challenge for so many years, just started watching The Traitors (loved this new season, need to watch other season and seasons from other countries), I’m obsessed with Big Brother (even watch the live feeds which I 10/10 recommend if you like that show), & I’m just starting to get into Survivor.. I’m super late on that one!

I think the only competition show I watch now is Task Master. I watched Survivor when I was younger, but I don't think I'd like watching it now. Aside from that, I also used to watch American Idol, and I also watched some Kpop survival shows like Produce 101 and the Stray Kids survival show. I enjoy watching music survival shows, but I haven't watched one recently. I think I watched a lot more competitive shows when I was watching Korean variety programs, like Running Man, Crime Scene, and Village Survival, the Eight

Not really tbh. Sometimes I see clips of like, Family Feud and enjoy them but I don't wanna sit down and watch an ep of it.

No, not really. I don't really watch normal television aside from sports sometimes.

sometimes, only really masterchef (all the uk versions) and a bit of gogglebox when it's on live tv

I Iove American Ninja Warrior but there’s soooo many commercials every 2 seconds so I rarely ever bother.

Yes, I enjoy certain competition/gaming shows. My absolute favourite is Jeopardy! I watch it every night with my mom, and we try to shout out the answers before each other. In this way it feels more like an interactive game for me than a TV show. I also watch MasterChef sometimes, and my guilty pleasure is the Bachelor franchise (it's absolute trash TV and I mostly just make fun of it, but sometimes you just want to be mindlessly entertained lol)

Not really. I watched a lot of MTV in the 00s and that was relatively entertaining. These days the only show I'm interested in is Claim to Fame, I don't know what it is about it. Probably the mystery and trying to figure it our yourself.

i watch them with my family! we usually watch amazing race, survivor, and big brother but the latter can get really frustrating depending on the casting. my mom and i also watch the challenge usa

jeopardy is also a favorite! we watch during dinnertime and try to answer along with them

Yes. Mostly RuPaul’s Drag Race. I used to watch Hell’s Kitchen religiously, as well as Cupcake Wars when it was good.

I got addicted to the ‘70s version of Match Game and old Whammy/Press Your Luck when I had pneumonia lol.

I also love old episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway? if that counts.

British Bake-Off is also fun, because it’s not as intense as American cooking competition shows.

I used to love to watch competition shows, mostly the fun ones. My favorite were the old japanese game shows, any japanese game shows really. Also, the 'I survived a japanese game show'.

I loved those because the challenges were usually hilarious, and it seemed more comedy than drama. I haven't watched any in a while, I might have to rewatch some.

I also loved watching The Singer (singing competition in china), especially from the year 2017. Fantastic competition.

So many fun shows.
Post automatically merged:

I also love old episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway? if that counts.

It should count! That show was so hilarious.

I love old game shows. Despite me not growing up with most of them, there's a certain charm to them that new shows don't have. I would frequently watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! during dinner time, and I can still remember the sounds those shows used during that period. When I watched pre-2000's episodes of both shows, I was amazed by how different the sets were, such as Jeopardy's "blue grid" pre-LED set and Wheel of Fortune's original "prize-buying" mechanic that had a revolving stage of prizes to "buy". Other old shows I'm into are The Price Is Right, Press Your Luck, The Weakest Link, among others.

The hosts were more enthusiastic, too. Now don't get me wrong; Ken Jennings is doing a good job taking over Jeopardy and Pat Sajak on Wheel of Fortune was bound to announce his retirement someday (40+ years of hosting with Vanna White, wow), but again, the charm is there with the older hosts. I don't really feel the same energy with young hosts, and I'm at the tail end of being considered a millennial.

As for reality shows, the only one I can get into somewhat is Survivor. Sure, it's not 100% actual island survival and feels fake at times, but it's an otherwise well-produced show. You get to know most of the contestants after a while, and begin to understand who they are as people and the eclectic backgrounds they came from, both poor and rich. Some even become relatable in certain moments throughout, and there are twists where they can suddenly be betrayed and voted off when no one expects it. No wonder it's lasted as long as it has with two seasons per year.

I used to love to watch competition shows, mostly the fun ones. My favorite were the old japanese game shows, any japanese game shows really. Also, the 'I survived a japanese game show'.

I loved those because the challenges were usually hilarious, and it seemed more comedy than drama. I haven't watched any in a while, I might have to rewatch some.

I also loved watching The Singer (singing competition in china), especially from the year 2017. Fantastic competition.

So many fun shows.
Post automatically merged:

It should count! That show was so hilarious.
Have you seen Unbeatable Banzuke? Back when G4 was a channel, that was my favorite Japanese game show, and the thing that got me into Japan, then anime, etc.

I found a playlist of all the subtitles episodes on YouTube. It was like a miracle to me lol.

Have you seen Unbeatable Banzuke? Back when G4 was a channel, that was my favorite Japanese game show, and the thing that got me into Japan, then anime, etc.

I found a playlist of all the subtitles episodes on YouTube. It was like a miracle to me lol.

I dont know all the titles of the ones i watched, but if it's on youtube, I will definitely check it out. Because even if it's one i watched, I'd love to watch it again. Ty for the tip!

One of my favorites was a bit...sadistic? Like they'd have to pick out sushi to eat, but it would be a ton of wasabi. Others had some pretty bad consequences for wrong answers, haha.

Back when G4 was a channel
Oh my god, I remember G4! When I was 7 or 8, I would secretly stay up past my bedtime just to watch the Japanese version of the obstacle-course competition show Ninja Warrior. There were video game shows as well for the XBOX360/PS2/PS3 era of consoles, but never really got into them unfortunately.

Ninja Warrior made its way to America later on, but by then I had lost interest in the genre, and the authenticity was sort of lost. Oh well, G4 was fun while it lasted.

Back