• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worst show you've ever watched?

The Good Doctor...

I don't think I need to give a detailed explanation of this. It's a show that tries to depict someone on the spectrum becoming a doctor in a quirky and funny way, and it fails miserably at it. It's basically just another Big Bang Theory clone.

:rolleyes:

Probably unpopular opinion, but here goes-

The Walking Dead - unless it's comedy, I really, really can't stand zombie shows. Dunno if it's the pacing, the drama, or what, but just not a fan.
Comedy/movie zombie is cool though. I loved Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, even the old Night of the Living Dead (you can feel the tension in that one, lol)...but those are movies.

Lost - I tried. Got through a few episodes, never finished. Slllooowwww, ugh.

And not really shows, but can't watch golf or baseball. Just very, very slow/boring...

Maybe I don't like long, drawn out, slow stuff?
Post automatically merged:

I realized after reading other posts that I haven't seen most of the shows mentioned, and it's been a (long) while since I've really watched any shows. Back when I did, it was stuff like Black Adder, Keeping up Appearances, more comedy oriented stuff I could stream...
I would probably surmise that shows (and I suppose sports as well, though I don't think I'd consider baseball a slow sport) with slow buildups or are intended for quiet and methodical analysis are perhaps just not your cup of tea. I'm not a fan of The Walking Dead myself (simply not a fan of horror for the most part), but most AMC shows (or at least those that I've watched) in general tend to be paced glacially, but have extremely solid characterization and writing that rewards those patient enough to stay on board. Mad Men is a good example of this. I can understand why it might not be to everyone's tastes, but it also has some of the most emotionally resonant--if a tad upsetting--dramatic tensions ever put to screen. But I remember my father found the show absolutely terrible to sit through due to its long periods of inactivity and its dry, understated comedy and character moments and minimal music and overall sound design.

From what I understand, you're not missing much with LOST, though. Even its avid defenders will tell you that it fails to pay off its monumental amount of buildup. Though, that's just what I gather from secondhand information so do take that with a grain of salt.

I can’t watch Law and Order: SVU at all or even have it playing on the tv without it triggering my PTSD. It gets so bad that I start freaking out and unable to sit still until someone turns it off. I think part of it is because that show was one of my abuser’s favorites.

Walker, Texas Ranger was so bad it was funny. I used to record it and make fun of some episodes, to the point that we developed some inside jokes from the Vision Quest episode… (“Mmm, turkey meatloaf, my favorite!”) 😂

It's hard to pinpoint a single worst show that I've watched!

My mom LOVES these shows but I can't stand any of the Real Housewives of ______. Like they're not even celebrities, just middle-aged rich women fighting about whatever?? The memes are funny though.

I also can't stand shows like Long Island Medium.. pretty disgusting when "psychics" take advantage of people in grief -- and for reality TV at that!

'reality' shows, the ones where it's just people fighting each other all the time. It's so uncomfortable, how can one sit though this sad display human interaction.

Even though I know most of that stuff is for show.

"Ok, Marissa..now pull Katie's hair harder for the camera."

So toxic...
They all need an reality check.

Also those ghost hunting shows, I use eat that stuff up when I was younger. But now I know how plastic they are lol.

Last edited:
Anytime I've seen commercials for The Bachelor or the Bachelorette, I've cringed. I just know those shows are awful.

Most "adult animated sitcoms" tend to fall under this category in some way or another. It's been a recurring sentiment that The Simpsons needs to end for longer than the show was ever considered good. I've never been a terribly big fan of Family Guy, but the more recent seasons have certainly given me a deeper respect for the earlier seasons. I've heard that it improves in later episodes, but Matt Groening's Disenchanted was particularly awful at the start.

Perhaps the worst of them would be HBO Max's The Prince. It's not that I have a particular attachment to the British monarchy or think that they are beyond satire; far from it. But many of the jokes are just petty, lacking in any specific commentary or social critique. The queen drops an F. bomb. Who cares? The show was released in 2021; that's not a shocking development anymore. More frustratingly, the target of the gags that actually are shocking and inappropriate relate to the children of the royal family. Wow, HBO Max, it must take some frankly massive cojones to literally make fun of children. Again, perhaps if there were some actual commentary or social critique on what growing up with such a celebrity status does for the development of a child, I might see the merit in it even if it were in poor taste. But there's not. And I mightn't be so harsh on this point if these were fictional children (a la Stewie Griffin and the like) but they're explicitly derived and named after real children who were at the time of the show's release and still currently are children.

Moving on from that, I'm not sure if anyone else remembers the time that Cartoon Network attempted to transition to live action entertainment. So as something of a transitionary show, they released the live-action/animated hybrid movie Out of Jimmy's Head and its subsequent spin-off show, Re-Animated. And while I'm sure if I really thought about it for awhile I could think of quite a few shows that surpass it in terms of sheer awfulness, both the movie and the show are so dreadful and lacking in charm that it nearly killed my love for the medium for a time.

As for live action shows, that's a difficult one. Not that I haven't seen any awful ones, because surely I have. But I don't remember them off the top of my head at the moment. I will say that I find reality shows as an entire genre to be some of the most vile and insufferable experiences (depending on what you define as "reality" TV), so when people whine about things like Jersey Shore and the like, I can only really shrug. It's not that I don't find them to be bad, awful even. And yes, the behind-the-scenes goings on are a thing to be mad about as well. But the entire genre is just dreck. When it comes to awful TV shows, there is a certain threshold you can reach where no matter how much worse it gets, the unpleasantness just remains consistent, rather than continuing to pile on. And the majority of reality shows are already well past that threshold for me.

God, Disenchanted is so disappointing. I had to drop that show, they do nothing with it.

I remember when me and my friend were like 13, we thought that seeing reality shows, or saying we watched them would make us cool xD

Man, so many are so cringy. I dont get the apesl of watching fake romance stories, or chicks having throw downs. Like why? Thats like watching a toxic relationship.

I know people who do watch those, but just, ew. The ones ive seen were aweful.

Also my personal least favorite, is shows based on like the lives of over weight people? Like hello? Thats a person same as you, whats so different that you wanna make a tv show.

Just to lower self esteem? Imahine being on a dhow where people are just focused on your weight and not you. Terrible.

Man I could go on about my hate of reality shows, but I'll stop xD

Prolly a hot take, but That 70s Show. My parents used to watch it together every evening back in the day (divorced now). That show is criiiiingee, OH MY GOD! -___-

I can handle your thoughts if you like any of these shows I mentioned here.

Family Guy
It seems today, that all I see is unfunny humor and offensive jokes.

I tried watching some episodes of the show to understand why people like it so much...and failed. There are too many unfunny jokes about rape, abuse, incest, etc. that prevented me from actually getting into the show at all...and also, I hate how Meg keeps getting ignored by Peter a lot! And I also think that Peter is a slight ripoff of Homer Simpson, whose show is way better...

South Park
Another overrated show I can't stand...also, the line, "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!", is never funny to me, I don't understand why they have to keep killing off the same main character, and bring him back not long after! And there are too many unfunny jokes regarding rape, abuse, incest, etc., like Family Guy.

Happy Tree Friends

It's a cartoon about cutesy animals killing each other, rinse and repeat, there's never anything funny about that.

Steven Universe

Another show I couldn't get into, it's way too overhyped.

Miracle Star

It is a cartoon that straight-up ripped off one of my favorite shows!

The Samsonadzes

It is also another ripoff of one of my favorite shows, as well...

Cocomelon

I don't hate this one as much as I hate some of the others...but I keep seeing merchandise of this thing everywhere, and it made me dislike this lame web series!

Baby Shark's Big Show

Why make a show that's already based on a popular kids song, that doesn't make any sense...

Pickle and Peanut

Why does it even exist...the character designs are ugly, the show looks more like something that aired on Adult Swim.

iCarly (2021)

It's a bad revival of one of my favorite Nickcoms, it tries too hard to be hip and cool with the kids...which I absolutely despise! And also, there's swearing present that's out of place for something Nickelodeon related.

Bluey
Also another overrated show, I'm tired of constantly seeing merchandise for this show in most stores everywhere.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I used to watch this show when I was a kid, but...those freaking bronies everywhere and everything pony-related taking over the Internet, and also real life, ruined the show for me forever!

The Powerpuff Girls Z
It tries too hard to be an anime adaptation of one of my favorite shows...but it failed badly! It's bland, and I keep forgetting about it. There are so many pointless changes in the anime, compared to the original 1998 cartoon.

The girls in the anime are not sisters, Blossom and Buttercup have different siblings, Bubbles is an only child, and they're not even related to the Professor himself.
They changed the gender of one of the members of the Gangreen gang, Snake, into a girl named Ivy, the mayor has a brother who is the school principal, and the Amoeba Boys have a female member...

Drawn Together
I tried to get into this one, I thought it was going to be a fun watch, it ended up being way too raunchy and unfunny. One of the characters in the first episode even had an on-screen erection, although censored...and I was already like, "nope", and stopped watching it.

Rick and Morty
It is a shameless ripoff of Back to the Future, I tried so hard to like the show, as I am a fan of the Back to the Future film trilogy. Yeah...nope.

Clone High
I don't think it's a very good idea to create a cartoon about historical figures going to high school together in my opinion. The show is very boring, and very unfunny.

The Brady Bunch
My mom made me watch this show with her, because she loved this show from her childhood, but I really don't like it at all...the characters all have no personality whatsoever, they are emotionless like robots! Also, there is VERY little to almost no humor at all present in this boring and bland series...

I Love Lucy was WAY more iconic, better and funnier than this!

Little House on the Prairie
My mom also made me watch this with her, because it is her absolute favorite show from her childhood. I don't know which I hate more, this, or The Brady Bunch! I do like the idea of a show taking place in the 1800-somethings, because I love historical and ranch/country/western themes, but that's not saying much. To me, this show has way too much unnecessary drama, to the point of being overly dramatic,.

Velma (2023)
My god, man, don't even get me started with this one! You can't possibly list your least favorite shows without mentioning this garbage!

Regular Show
I'm sorry, but you call this a Cartoon Network original! It sure feels a lot like Cartoon Network is basically trying to promote Adult Swim to teenagers, or something...

And also, most anime series and object shows.

A LOT of anime shows share the same art style with every character, left and right, to the point of being copy-and-pasted! Which is a common problem I already have with cartoons with characters with the same copy-and-pasted faces, like South Park and Family Guy.

I can handle your thoughts if you like any of these shows I mentioned here.

Family Guy
It seems today, that all I see is unfunny humor and offensive jokes.

I tried watching some episodes of the show to understand why people like it so much...and failed. There are too many unfunny jokes about rape, abuse, incest, etc. that prevented me from actually getting into the show at all...and also, I hate how Meg keeps getting ignored by Peter a lot! And I also think that Peter is a slight ripoff of Homer Simpson, whose show is way better...

South Park
Another overrated show I can't stand...also, the line, "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!", is never funny to me, I don't understand why they have to keep killing off the same main character, and bring him back not long after! And there are too many unfunny jokes regarding rape, abuse, incest, etc., like Family Guy.

Happy Tree Friends
It's a cartoon about cutesy animals killing each other, rinse and repeat, there's never anything funny about that.

Steven Universe
Another show I couldn't get into, it's way too overhyped.

Miracle Star
It is a cartoon that straight-up ripped off one of my favorite shows!

The Samsonadzes
It is also another ripoff of one of my favorite shows, as well...

Cocomelon
I don't hate this one as much as I hate some of the others...but I keep seeing merchandise of this thing everywhere, and it made me dislike this lame web series!

Baby Shark's Big Show
Why make a show that's already based on a popular kids song, that doesn't make any sense...

Pickle and Peanut
Why does it even exist...the character designs are ugly, the show looks more like something that aired on Adult Swim.

iCarly (2021)
It's a bad revival of one of my favorite Nickcoms, it tries too hard to be hip and cool with the kids...which I absolutely despise! And also, there's swearing present that's out of place for something Nickelodeon related.

Bluey
Also another overrated show, I'm tired of constantly seeing merchandise for this show in most stores everywhere.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I used to watch this show when I was a kid, but...those freaking bronies everywhere and everything pony-related taking over the Internet, and also real life, ruined the show for me forever!

The Powerpuff Girls Z
It tries too hard to be an anime adaptation of one of my favorite shows...but it failed badly! It's bland, and I keep forgetting about it. There are so many pointless changes in the anime, compared to the original 1998 cartoon.

The girls in the anime are not sisters, Blossom and Buttercup have different siblings, Bubbles is an only child, and they're not even related to the Professor himself.
They changed the gender of one of the members of the Gangreen gang, Snake, into a girl named Ivy, the mayor has a brother who is the school principal, and the Amoeba Boys have a female member...

Drawn Together
I tried to get into this one, I thought it was going to be a fun watch, it ended up being way too raunchy and unfunny. One of the characters in the first episode even had an on-screen erection, although censored...and I was already like, "nope", and stopped watching it.

Rick and Morty
It is a shameless ripoff of Back to the Future, I tried so hard to like the show, as I am a fan of the Back to the Future film trilogy. Yeah...nope.

Clone High
I don't think it's a very good idea to create a cartoon about historical figures going to high school together in my opinion. The show is very boring, and very unfunny.

The Brady Bunch
My mom made me watch this show with her, because she loved this show from her childhood, but I really don't like it at all...the characters all have no personality whatsoever, they are emotionless like robots! Also, there is VERY little to almost no humor at all present in this boring and bland series...

I Love Lucy was WAY more iconic, better and funnier than this!

Little House on the Prairie
My mom also made me watch this with her, because it is her absolute favorite show from her childhood. I don't know which I hate more, this, or The Brady Bunch! I do like the idea of a show taking place in the 1800-somethings, because I love historical and ranch/country/western themes, but that's not saying much. To me, this show has way too much unnecessary drama, to the point of being overly dramatic,.

Velma (2023)
My god, man, don't even get me started with this one! You can't possibly list your least favorite shows without mentioning this garbage!

Regular Show
I'm sorry, but you call this a Cartoon Network original! It sure feels a lot like Cartoon Network is basically trying to promote Adult Swim to teenagers, or something...

And also, most anime series and object shows.

A LOT of anime shows share the same art style with every character, left and right, to the point of being copy-and-pasted! Which is a common problem I already have with cartoons with characters with the same copy-and-pasted faces, like South Park and Family Guy.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic & The Powerpuff Girls Z are great 🫢

I hate Rick and Morty especially since they made that stupid limited edition Mulan McDonald’s sauce popular a and said it was “the greatest thing ever.” No it wasn’t. I had the sauce when Mulan was released in theaters and it was just mediocre. I should know given my family is technically Chinese and I know how Chinese inspired foods should taste. I’ve had better tasting sauces from local Chinese restaurants than what McDonald’s was serving. It was so forgettable that I didn’t even remember its existence for so long. I also hate how ugly everything looks and I’d sooner watch a Dingo Pictures movie any day over this stupid show.

This is Us— Idk why people acted like this show was a masterpiece…I gave up after the first episode.

Fuller House- Couldn’t even get through half of the first episode. From what I’ve seen on YouTube talking about the show, I’m glad I didn’t watch the rest because it sounded awful. My biggest gripe from watching a review of the series is how stupid CJ is for letting Steve, who is her fiancé, keeps calling her DJ , who is his ex, and she’s perfectly fine with it. Uh no. CJ, honey? That is a major red flag that you should dump his @$$ right now since he obviously doesn’t love you or even respect you if he can’t get your name right especially if you say “He does that all the time,” and it’s even worse considering your names are literally only two letters each yet only the second letter is the same and the first make two completely different sounds! And also you’re telling me that a series taking place this day and age in San Francisco only has two LGBTQ people in it? I’m calling bull here because of how the city is a huge community for the LGBTQ. The original series I’ll give a pass because it was filmed and aired before Will and Grace and Ellen and before sitcoms stopped treating gay people like some sort of joke and overly stereotypical.

Idk if it’s the worst, but I’m not a fan of Friends. It seems so overrated to me. If the show is called “Friends”, why is everyone in the circle dating each other? That seems like a way to make everyone hate each other and never speak to them again. Idk. I kinda like Phoebe though.

Idk if it’s the worst, but I’m not a fan of Friends. It seems so overrated to me. If the show is called “Friends”, why is everyone in the circle dating each other? That seems like a way to make everyone hate each other and never speak to them again. Idk. I kinda like Phoebe though.
I’ve been saying the same thing for years! Honestly the only person in the cast that can actually act is Jennifer Aniston. All the others are just awful actors. And I really hate Courtney Cox and wish that Ghostface just killed her in the first Scream movie.

henry danger - i’ve only seen a few episodes so don’t take my opinion too seriously. i can’t exactly pin-point what i don’t like about it but it seems like a parody of superhero movies, idk maybe that’s the point of the show.

i used to watch the big bang theory a lot when i was younger and i have never noticed how stereotypical and sexist it was until now.

Back