• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you remember from the classic internet era (2007-2012)?

Numa Numa amd Hamster Dance were big in my post-Yahooligans era. AlbinoBlackSheep, Sambakza(spelling???)'s There She Is! Flash animations, Newgrounds, Real Ninjas and its spoofs, Hellpoemer's Naruto animations on DeviantArt, etc. I had a lot of fun.

First thing that comes to mind is the cringe memes lol. Trollface Era was just something else.

I remember flash games like Star Doll, Moshi Monsters, any miniclip games etc. and playing them on computers at school

I also remember classic YouTube with Charlie the Unicorn, Gummi Bear, nigahiga, Shane Dawson etc...also a cringe era lol

All I remember about 2007 specifically was being mad that Electronic Arts decided to merge their The Sims 2 forum UK with other existing forums and create one big EA UK community forum. TS2UK had been my internet home for years and while I made some new friends through the move (lots of FIFA fans, one I even met in person in 2009) it was never the same. 😔

did anyone else other than me play OurWorld? i was obsessed with it from 2011-2013. i played it a few more years between 2016-2019 for the nostalgia, then it shut down because the company didnt wanna moderate it.

i really miss virtual spaces like that. avatar dress up and "rooms" to interact with rather than JUST forums.

did anyone else other than me play OurWorld? i was obsessed with it from 2011-2013. i played it a few more years between 2016-2019 for the nostalgia, then it shut down because the company didnt wanna moderate it.

i really miss virtual spaces like that. avatar dress up and "rooms" to interact with rather than JUST forums.
I remember playing it for a little while. I would mostly play Fantage and Monkey Quest. I miss virtual worlds too…

Last edited:
i'm not sure if i remember the specific year correctly for all these things but hopefully i'm close

- using skype/msn before discord was a thing
- everyone using facebook
- finding anime episodes on youtube split in parts 🤭
- watching og youtubers like nigahiga, jenna marbles, pewdiepie, michelle phan, superwoman/lily singh
- looking for random/funny answers on yahoo answers
- play mini flash games on disney/nick or barbie/polly pocket/bratz dolls
- being obsessed with tumblr
- forums being way more active
- using gamefaqs for those long text only walkthroughs if i get stuck on a game
- joining random chatrooms which now that i look back on i really shouldn't have been doing cause there were a lot of creeps who tried to talk to me
- limewire (if u know u know)

Back