• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worst show you've ever watched?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I used to watch this show when I was a kid, but...those freaking bronies everywhere and everything pony-related taking over the Internet, and also real life, ruined the show for me forever!
Yes, bronies are pretty bad. Can't lie. As a feminist, I was kinda excited when the movement first started because I was happy to see men secure in liking something "girly", but then I began to notice them disregarding the fact that it was made for girls' and saying that it's "universal" (understand, I'm not saying that its appeal can't be universal, but it was certainly made for girls). And then I also noticed that the community became very toxic and misogynistic... and when Bronies made inappropriate content that could easily be found by girls it made me really angry.

I won't let them ruin my enjoyment of the My Little Pony franchise. It's kinda easy for me, though, as I'm more a collector of G1 and G3 toys than I am a G4 animation fan.

So as some of you may be aware, I've recently been on a Sherlock Holmes kick. Well, thanks to that, I was made aware of this show and if I'm to have this theme song permanently stuck in my head, then the least I could do is subject you all to it as well.

Okay, to be fair, this is far from the worst show I've ever seen, but it's also pretty bad.

For some context, there is a certain Sherlock story that even adult-oriented media tends to shy away from adapting with complete loyalty due to its sensitive subject matter, wherein Sherlock attempts to combat racism. Of all the media properties to adapt this story, this stupid cartoon decides it has what it takes to do the story justice, but changes the themes of the narrative from racism to... robots. I'm actually having a nervous breakdown just typing it. It's so silly; how did they think this was a good idea?!?!

So as some of you may be aware, I've recently been on a Sherlock Holmes kick. Well, thanks to that, I was made aware of this show and if I'm to have this theme song permanently stuck in my head, then the least I could do is subject you all to it as well.

Okay, to be fair, this is far from the worst show I've ever seen, but it's also pretty bad.

For some context, there is a certain Sherlock story that even adult-oriented media tends to shy away from adapting with complete loyalty due to its sensitive subject matter, wherein Sherlock attempts to combat racism. Of all the media properties to adapt this story, this stupid cartoon decides it has what it takes to do the story justice, but changes the themes of the narrative from racism to... robots. I'm actually having a nervous breakdown just typing it. It's so silly; how did they think this was a good idea?!?!

LMAO, I remember watching this years ago as a kid because it was the only cartoon on TV for me, and I remember thinking to myself, what the heck is this crap? It was fine to pass the time with, but definitely not something I'd get invested in. Lol.

hmm... well, considering I watched a lot of Friendship is Magic as an elementary schooler, I was excited for Make Your Mark. then it released. I tried to get into it, I really did. But the mane 5 didn't have the same chemistry as the mane 6 (although Izzy and Hitch were basically just discount Pinkie Pie and male, non-alicorn Twilight). Then there's Glitter Force Doki Doki, and honestly, I prefer the Smile PreCure dub to whatever happened here. Don't even get me started on them skipping Kokoro wo Komete, arguably one of the best precure songs ever.

The Charmed reboot.

It was a slap in the face to the original as well as feminism, equality and inclusion of others. But hey ho that was The CW for you, everything they created was to simply give themselves a pat on the back when it came to equality. Plus everything was always done on the cheap too.

hmm... well, considering I watched a lot of Friendship is Magic as an elementary schooler, I was excited for Make Your Mark. then it released. I tried to get into it, I really did. But the mane 5 didn't have the same chemistry as the mane 6 (although Izzy and Hitch were basically just discount Pinkie Pie and male, non-alicorn Twilight). Then there's Glitter Force Doki Doki, and honestly, I prefer the Smile PreCure dub to whatever happened here. Don't even get me started on them skipping Kokoro wo Komete, arguably one of the best precure songs ever.
I forgot about Make Your Mark (That explains alot) I watched like three episodes till I stopped, it didn't click for me either

I like watching bad shows/movies, it amuses me, but sometimes it's not even funny. I watched a very bad anime once, maybe it was part of some challenges on MAL, what was the name again...ah Mitsu x Mitsu Drops, I don't even remember what it was about, I noted that there was a funny kart race though.

I'm very tolerant about bad stuff, I'm watching knowing it won't make sense, that it will be full of plots holes, mistakes and all but sometimes it's really painful. I watched the kdrama "Where your eyes linger", not knowing what it was, the poster was pretty and I thought it was some melodrama, my mistake...it was so bad that wanted to scoop my eyes out...at least it was short. I saw after that it had many good reviews, it really confused me.

Vampire Knight and it's not even close. Literally the first bad anime I ever watched. I watched all of it through to completion and it made my 9 year old self so unfathomably angry.
To summarize they essentially throw away one of the main characters who was the best in the entire show, and the other one of the main girl's love interests turns out to be her brother, and then she PICKS HER BROTHER AND LEAVES TO BE WITH HIM. SHOW ENDS WITH A WILDLY UNSATISFYING CONCLUSION AND INCEST
so yea that made me mad

You all are listing some halfway decent shows. Let me put on some Johnny Test and strap you to a chair and see how long you last lol.

Problem Solvers or whatever it is called is also something else.

There are worse out there but i cant stand big mouth lol. The art style and basis is very ugly. Dare i say " Cringe " . Freaks me out like some kind of eldritch monster reared its ugly head out from the deepest depths to get a degree in animation and self-deprecating millennial gross-out humour

I have a few more to put here.
  • Bunsen is a Beast. It's just incredibly obnoxious. I can't believe the creator of Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom made this, talk about a fall from grace
  • Mr. Pickles. There's nothing to this show other than uncreative shock humor.
  • Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon. I don't need to explain myself.
  • Johnny Test. I don't need to explain this pick either.
  • Brickleberry. I don't think yhrse modern adult cartoons realize that Family Guy (at least before) and South Park aren't completely reliant on shock humor. That's why they're still going on.
  • Breadwinners. I hate that I used to like this show. They don't do anything besides butt jokes.
That’s all I could think of at the moment. I tried to think of any live action show I really hated, but I couldn't come up with any.
Never mind. Keeping up with the Kardashians is even worse than Jersey Shore.

updating status here to say forget make your mark, it's actually decent. I rewatched all the shows I mentioned (even the original Glitter Force) to see if I made any wrong opinions, and I actually gave MYM less of a chance than Doki. The show is so much more well put together and actually elicited EMOTION from me. Doki Doki, meanwhile, is horrible. Its ending songs (notably You and I) are amazing, but that's about it. The show is horribly paced, they SKIP EPISODES FROM THE ORIGINAL JAPAN DUB (which results in the team pulling out Royal Lovely Straight Flush and the Glitter Harp from LITERALLY NOWHERE), and they simplified the lead way too much (and made her a simp for one of her own teammates because said teammate is a pop star). The original Glitter Force (Smile's Dub) was much better. Funnier writing, better pacing, actual villains (the Mercenares were horrible, the Bad End Generals are much better, and no i'm not saying that because I made one of them actually redeemable), and an all-around better team. Lucky is so much better than Heart (she's not a Mary Sue, unlike Maya), Kelsey is actually witty and funny, Lily has an actual character arc, April actually teaches kids something, and Chloe actually uses her smarts and brainy skills for the team, unlike Rachel, who uses them to keep Maya and her team in line (and fails miserably because Maya reveals the team's identities in the final battle).

Moral I learned: If you have opinions, make sure to justify them by rewatching the shows your opinions are about.

Last thing, almost every Nickelodeon sitcom after 2014. Henry Danger, Game Breakers, and especially that Henry Danger animated show? They’re all pure ****. Mostly just post-2013 Dan Schneider.

Love is Blind. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t get into it thinking it would be a work of art. But it is truly terrible. I guess any reality show falls under this realm. Another horrible show is “Manifest” - plane gets lost, then lands several years later. Cheesy acting, quasi-sci-fi story, the whole shebang.

I can handle your thoughts if you like any of these shows I mentioned here.

Family Guy
It seems today, that all I see is unfunny humor and offensive jokes.

I tried watching some episodes of the show to understand why people like it so much...and failed. There are too many unfunny jokes about rape, abuse, incest, etc. that prevented me from actually getting into the show at all...and also, I hate how Meg keeps getting ignored by Peter a lot! And I also think that Peter is a slight ripoff of Homer Simpson, whose show is way better...

South Park
Another overrated show I can't stand...also, the line, "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!", is never funny to me, I don't understand why they have to keep killing off the same main character, and bring him back not long after! And there are too many unfunny jokes regarding rape, abuse, incest, etc., like Family Guy.

Happy Tree Friends
It's a cartoon about cutesy animals killing each other, rinse and repeat, there's never anything funny about that.

Steven Universe
Another show I couldn't get into, it's way too overhyped.

Miracle Star
It is a cartoon that straight-up ripped off one of my favorite shows!

The Samsonadzes
It is also another ripoff of one of my favorite shows, as well...

Cocomelon
I don't hate this one as much as I hate some of the others...but I keep seeing merchandise of this thing everywhere, and it made me dislike this lame web series!

Baby Shark's Big Show
Why make a show that's already based on a popular kids song, that doesn't make any sense...

Pickle and Peanut
Why does it even exist...the character designs are ugly, the show looks more like something that aired on Adult Swim.

iCarly (2021)
It's a bad revival of one of my favorite Nickcoms, it tries too hard to be hip and cool with the kids...which I absolutely despise! And also, there's swearing present that's out of place for something Nickelodeon related.

Bluey
Also another overrated show, I'm tired of constantly seeing merchandise for this show in most stores everywhere.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I used to watch this show when I was a kid, but...those freaking bronies everywhere and everything pony-related taking over the Internet, and also real life, ruined the show for me forever!

The Powerpuff Girls Z
It tries too hard to be an anime adaptation of one of my favorite shows...but it failed badly! It's bland, and I keep forgetting about it. There are so many pointless changes in the anime, compared to the original 1998 cartoon.

The girls in the anime are not sisters, Blossom and Buttercup have different siblings, Bubbles is an only child, and they're not even related to the Professor himself.
They changed the gender of one of the members of the Gangreen gang, Snake, into a girl named Ivy, the mayor has a brother who is the school principal, and the Amoeba Boys have a female member...

Drawn Together
I tried to get into this one, I thought it was going to be a fun watch, it ended up being way too raunchy and unfunny. One of the characters in the first episode even had an on-screen erection, although censored...and I was already like, "nope", and stopped watching it.

Rick and Morty
It is a shameless ripoff of Back to the Future, I tried so hard to like the show, as I am a fan of the Back to the Future film trilogy. Yeah...nope.

Clone High
I don't think it's a very good idea to create a cartoon about historical figures going to high school together in my opinion. The show is very boring, and very unfunny.

The Brady Bunch
My mom made me watch this show with her, because she loved this show from her childhood, but I really don't like it at all...the characters all have no personality whatsoever, they are emotionless like robots! Also, there is VERY little to almost no humor at all present in this boring and bland series...

I Love Lucy was WAY more iconic, better and funnier than this!

Little House on the Prairie
My mom also made me watch this with her, because it is her absolute favorite show from her childhood. I don't know which I hate more, this, or The Brady Bunch! I do like the idea of a show taking place in the 1800-somethings, because I love historical and ranch/country/western themes, but that's not saying much. To me, this show has way too much unnecessary drama, to the point of being overly dramatic,.

Velma (2023)
My god, man, don't even get me started with this one! You can't possibly list your least favorite shows without mentioning this garbage!

Regular Show
I'm sorry, but you call this a Cartoon Network original! It sure feels a lot like Cartoon Network is basically trying to promote Adult Swim to teenagers, or something...

And also, most anime series and object shows.

A LOT of anime shows share the same art style with every character, left and right, to the point of being copy-and-pasted! Which is a common problem I already have with cartoons with characters with the same copy-and-pasted faces, like South Park and Family Guy.
valid with the object show ones, but you actually hate htf? most episodes don't even have the same plot

I really really despise 2 Broke Girls. Absolutely nothing is funny in that show and I can’t help but keep wishing some serial would just crash the set and brutally kill everyone on the show.

I hate Gravity Falls and it has an extremely hideous art style and I find that main girl’s voice so annoying that I want to shove her into some acid to get rid of her.

I‘ve always hated King of the Hill because of Hank. I actually wrote a story where Peggy leaves Hank for Bill and Hank dies alone. I just hate him that much.

Back