• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like to cook?

How I feel about the kitchen:

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
You don't have to be good at it, but do you enjoy it? Do you usually cook, and if you do, do you have any favourite dishes? Maybe you're more of a baker?

No, I don't enjoy it to be honest. But sadly it has to be done. 😔

I like to bake more, because I have a sweet tooth. Also I enjoy the precision involved in baking. But I also like cooking (and eating), too! It's also a nice way to try different cuisines.

I cook every day! Some days it's a chore but most days I really enjoy it. I like to bake when I have the energy/motivation but I don't do it often so I can only make simple things like carrot cake and brownies.

Of the two, I'm more of a baker. I know how to bake a bunch of stuff.

I bake pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, and pumpkin roll during the Autumn months because I love pumpkin foods.

Since I mentioned pumpkin bread, I also bake banana bread and zucchini bread on occasion.

I also have probably like a dozen or more different types of cookies that I alternate between when baking for family and my best friend for Christmas.

I can whip up some cakes too! I've never done cupcakes before, but someday I'll try those.

I tried making a yule log last Christmas because of my familiarity with pumpkin rolls, since a yule log is a roll cake as well. It tasted great but it was so fragile. I'll have to try again.

When it comes to cooking, I can do it well enough, but I'm nowhere near as confident in it. I'm able to feed myself and have it taste good, but I don't know how people find the bravery to just add ingredients to their dishes that aren't part of the recipe. In my baking, I follow the recipes precisely. With cooking, the idea of adding different things to make it your own is an uncomfortable thought and an intimidating bridge to cross. I have a person in one of my friend group chats that works in food and routinely posts pictures of beautiful things they've whipped up, but they're so familiar with cooking that they're able to work off experience so it's hard for them to give advice. I'd like to learn how to make more things in general.

Baking.
Plus, 🍪😃

I usually cook in my house. We do a lot of casserole dishes, veggies, and things with chicken most of the time.
Also, I love my pressure cooker. It is amazing and you can do everything with it. Worth getting.

Not a big fan of cooking but I’ve started doing it recently to lose weight and save money

Don’t mind cooking but wouldn’t say it’s something I particularly enjoy, baking on the other hand I love - somewhat relaxing and gets a great treat at the end

Cooking itself is fine but the cleaning not so much. I also like to bake but not to clean LOL most of the time my husband cook for me 🤍

I'm too scared of the things used (Stove & oven) so I don't cook or bake. I'll use the microwave and toaster, but that doesn't count...
I'm also noticing I sometimes have reactions if there's too much smoke or steam (or even if certain herbs are cooked) and that's really not helping.

I enjoy cooking! I don't actually enjoy baking, though.

I don’t enjoy cooking, but I am the one always cooking and making our meals. My husband dies the cleaning- we split the chores. Cooking is super time consuming to me and feels like such a waste of time. I like eating home cooked meals, it’s just another chore on the list.

I enjoy doing both even if I am just average at it.

I love to cook, I feel super satisfied when a meal comes out well!

I like to cook and bake... sometimes ahahaha. ;v; It's a lot of work and it gets tiring trying to come up with varied meals on a regular basis, but when I do cook I always put a lot of effort into whatever I'm making! And it is very satisfying when a meal turns out really well. Baking sweets is fun once in a while too.

Back