• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you cook in the game?

I cook recipes! I like the look of some of them for decorating, like the bread basket thingy. I also like giving the food as gifts instead of just fruit.

If I end up with leftovers, they can always be sold, lol.

I never really cooked until I started one of the hard mode challenges.. then I was cooking a lot to sell the food for money

I like to cook each recipe I get at least once! It's too bad that cooking wasn't in the game from the start, the meals would have been a lot more useful when it came to moving all those trees/boulders while terraforming and whatnot.

tbh i stopped playing around the time the 2.0 update came out, so now that i'm getting back into nh, it's been really fun discovering all the new additions! i haven't cooked yet but i've been slowly accumulating crops. I can't wait to try it!

I love cooking and using food for decoration (and for terraforming of course). I legit cried when they announced that they were adding crops and cooking to the game. It's something I've wanted in Animal Crossing ever since I started playing back in the Wild World days. I don't enjoy the crafting system in general in ACNH but for some reason I enjoy the cooking (maybe it's because I love food so much irl lol).

I cooked in the game, but only for the purposes of getting the food/drink in my catalog. Otherwise I don't actually really use the cooking mechanic, although I do enjoy its inclusion in the game, honestly.

Very rarely. I feel like they introduced it too late, and I never really got into it.

When I do it's almost exclusively for achievements but sometimes I just do it for friends who want certain cooked goods. I'm nearly done with my cooking achievements now, but I do enjoy cooking more than crafting tbh. :)

For the most part when I cook its for a decoration somewhere. Sometimes I'll make extra and hand it out to villagers though.

I haven't really been cooking much, only for when I need to for decorating.
Though if I were a completionist, I'd be already finished with all the recipes since 2022.

I just got into cooking I've only made fluffy pancakes and coconut drink and I've displayed them outside and in my kitchen. I love the look of hot steamy fluffy pancakes. I also love cakes. I miss the old food furniture from New leaf, I had the cutest kitchen ever.. I miss the fondue machine probably the most. I wish there was a bunch more cake recipes and such like that. Merengues house is a place where she cooks and makes cakes to sell and in her house I have the Frosted pancakes to look like she's in the middle of making a cake.

Yes I do. Sometimes, it’s for decoration. Other times, it’s to help move trees and break rocks, as well as selling.

Sure do. I love it! When I travel to an island, I take two foods, (like Pizza Margherita) and 6 fruits (like apples) in case I end up at an island with the rocks in a circle. (That's when I eat the pizzas.)

Back