• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you cook in the game?

I didn't know you could MOVE trees after eating food, so that is pretty cool! I learned something. I just thought it was maybe a reason to wear all of the apron clothing.

Cooking is a cool feature but I rarely bother because it's a bit pointless. And it takes too long if I wanted to cook a lot.
:LOL:

Reactions: Doo
I’ve cooked some of my favorite food items for aesthetic purposes, but I honestly think it’s a bit of a weird feature for an AC game. Food doesn’t serve a purpose and wasn’t integrated into the core gameplay, so there isn’t really much reason to do it beyond completion. The food is very pretty, but I tend to play AC for the life sim and town development aspects, not so much the interior design, so I always forget about cooking, and I tend to fully decorate each room once and then sort of forget about them.

The food is very pretty, but I tend to play AC for the life sim and town development aspects, not so much the interior design
This has me thinking... for those of you cook, what are some good recipes that look good outdoors? I have yet to cook a single item, but I have a drink given to me by a villager that I put on my table on the patio in front of my house. I see some say jams (I am going to look into that!), but what else works outdoors?

I didn't know you could MOVE trees after eating food, so that is pretty cool! I learned something. I just thought it was maybe a reason to wear all of the apron clothing.
Yea depending on what you cook you can have 3-5 energy to left trees or break rocks. It’s helpful when moving a lot of trees .
This has me thinking... for those of you cook, what are some good recipes that look good outdoors? I have yet to cook a single item, but I have a drink given to me by a villager that I put on my table on the patio in front of my house. I see some say jams (I am going to look into that!), but what else works outdoors?
I like the look of the fish dishes. I plan on setting up a market area near my pier and farm area to display fish and fruit dishes.

Not at all. The crops can look nice, and cooking was kinda obvious result of introducing them into game, but uhh... For me it's just a useless feature. Although I can easily image someone finding multiple uses for the food items. Not me though.

(This question sounds really great for a poll!)

The only reason I ever cook in the game, is when I need to craft a food item for decorating purposes. Once I get a new recipe, I immediately check it to see if it's aesthetically pleasing to me. If it is, I go make one right away, if I have the supplies, so I can have it in my inventory.

Sometimes when I need to go cook something, I run to my DIY bench, forgetting that I need to run to a kitchen item LOL

I did a lot of cooking when the feature first came out cause I loved seeing all my creations. I ended up using some of the food around my island in my designs. Since then I do not really cook anymore I kinda keep forgetting that it is a feature.

I don't have it unlocked on my current island, but when I do unlock it I'm probably gonna use it for decoration.

I haven't played NH in a while, but when I needed a certain food piece for a decoration I would cook it. Most times I didn't bother for the sake of just completing it/having it checked off. Maybe eventually I will, but it's not really a priority of mine.

i mostly cook out of necessity. if i’m doing a lot of terraforming and have to move trees etc then i’ll do a bit of fishing so i can make a handful of dishes. it’s way nicer than having to eat individual fruits because that takes. for. ever.

Back