• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you cook in the game?

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I have what feels like a million cooking recipes, but why should I cook? I was thinking maybe for something aesthetic to place on my tables, but am I missing out on something else?

Do you cook, and why?

I cooked all the recipes to get that shiny holographic completed look and to complete the nook miles. I do use the food recipes as decoration. Since my island is a pirate/fishing port, I have a lot of the seafood items out.

What is the shiny holographic completed look??
Hm, maybe I misremembered. I don't have a screenshot on hand, but see how the DIY tools have that holographic shine? Maybe the cooking DIYs doesn't have this.

animal_crossing_new_horizons_cooking_29.png

Hmm.. I am not seeing the holographic shine. Maybe you are more connected to the Animal Crossing afterlife?

More likely I am just clueless!

P.S. if you are an AC psychic, can you ask Gayle how she is doing since she left my island?

I cook all the time. I cook for a couple of reasons. I want to complete the nook mile achievements. I cook for my villagers for their birthday gifts. I cook when I am terraforming large areas and need to move multiple trees or rocks. I also use food as decorations.

I crafted every single food recipe, but only for completion purposes for the catalog. The only time I craft food is for energy when I have to move a bunch of trees, and use as few ingredients as possible.

I do some cooking when it comes up for Nook Miles so maybe like once or twice a day? I haven't collected all the recipes yet and I haven't even crafted all the recipes I do have. Every once in a while I will go through and purposely try and cook up a few new things but there's still a lot of recipes I haven't made.

I cook each new recipe once and then put them in my storage. I find them to be better decorations than energy fuel. I usually go to the café on the HHP and order food there to use as fuel so my food DIYs are used as decorations for kitchen in my home or on tables outside.

I don’t cook all the time, but I LOVE collecting new recipes and trying them out, like the mushroom salad or mixed-fruits pie. It’s satisfying when I get to cook at home without one of my villagers barging in lol.

I’ve mostly only done it for the Mmm-Mmm-Miles! NM Achievement and the “cook up a storm” NM+ task when I get it, but I’ve done it for decorative purposes as well. The food/drink items are nice for decorating! I especially like the smoothies, jams, bread baskets and all of the desserts!

It’s also a goal of mine to eventually craft all of the craftable stuff, including the cooking items, for catalog and self-satisfaction purposes. I still have a ways to go with the regular diys, but I just have the Carpaccio di marlin blu left to cook and I’ll have made all of the recipes! I just need to catch a blue marlin for it. 😅

I need to cook 115 more times to complete the Mmm-Mmm-Miles! achievement as well, so I’ll be cooking more in the future.

I just realized you can cook in the game not too longer ago (I take long breaks from the game). As a result, though, I've been trying it out and cooking more when I do play. I think it's pretty cute and fun, and I've decorated my house with some of the stuff I've cooked in game. I've had a lot of gripes about crafting in NH, but I think the cooking is actually a fun addition to the game. I do see how it's kind of pointless though, there's really no incentive to cook. But, it's also sort of that slice-of-life feel that Animal Crossing has anyway, which makes it think it does fit pretty well.

I cooked every recipe once and finished the cooking Achievement. Now I cook mostly for Nook Miles Achievements and occasionally to make more bells than by selling the ingredients as is. This thread has made me realize that I can cook and eat the food if I want to move multiple trees instead of just eating my native fruit. :LOL:

I don't tend to cook all that often. I'll usually make something at least once to have the recipe checked off the list and to keep it in storage, but occasionally I'll cook stuff if I want some specific food for like a screenshot event here on the forums or otherwise just want to decorate. It's faster, easier and more convenient to just have the characters eat fruit if I need to break a rock or move some trees.

Back