• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you brush your teeth after or before breakfast?

Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

• Total voters
After. It tastes weird eating or drinking right after brushing my teeth. Plus it wouldn't make sense to eat after cleaning your teeth.

I brushed before and after before but I brush before because I have breakfast at like lunch time lol

Before! If I dont my whole mouth is disgusting and the taste is nasty!

You're supposed to brush them after you eat because your teeth get dirty when you eat things. Common sense, people... 😑

Before, but i don't eat right away usually. Then I brush again mid day. I don't like the feeling of nasty teeth.

Why not both?

But actually yeah, after breakfast. Why brush them before, eat, and then walk around with food on your teeth? It makes more sense to me to eat and then clean them up for your day.

After. It seems like it would defeat the purpose of brushing your teeth if you just eat afterward and have the residue of what you ate just lingering on your teeth and around your mouth until you brush later in the day. Granted, you shouldn't brush immediately after eating some things (particularly sugary or acidic foods and drinks) because it will strip enamel off your teeth; you should wait 30 minutes to an hour before brushing in such situations. But yeah.

After. There's nothing worse than having a slight minty taste to your breakfast first thing in the morning. 🤢

I brush them after I eat breakfast, usually as the last thing I do just before I leave the house. My boyfriend brushes his teeth before breakfast, as part of his routine first thing when he wakes up.

before breakfast... I hate waking up and spending more time than necessary with morning breath mouth. I have a retainer which I think makes my mouth stink really badly so I usually am rushing to brush my teeth as soon as possible after I wake up.

Well, I don't eat breakfast on work days so I just brush my teeth as part of my morning routine. On weekends or days I can sleep in, I do eat a really late breakfast when I wake up around noon and then I brush my teeth after I eat.

Both, sort of, but I always wait at least 30 minutes to an hour after eating before brushing them again. Apparently any sooner than that can be seriously bad for your enamel.

after. i know brushing your teeth in the morning is more about freshening your breath than it is about getting food and/or bacteria out of your mouth (that’s how i see it, at least lol), but brushing my teeth before breakfast (or eating in general, since i typically don’t eat breakfast lol) just seems silly. like, eating after brushing my teeth would get rid of the freshness the toothpaste provided, and i’d also have the food and whatever i drank sitting on my teeth all day. kinda defeats the whole purpose of me brushing my teeth in the first place imo. 😅

Back