• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you brush your teeth?

How often do you brush your teeth?

• More than twice daily

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Twice daily

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • Once daily

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Not daily but at least once a week

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Not weekly but at least once a month

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Rarely or never

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
me, lying to myself: twice a day

realistically i try to do twice a day but it's too difficult on days that i cant bring myself out of bed long enough. i ALWAYS floss though because my teeth are over-crowded, so ANYTHING in my teeth gives me headaches and sensory problems. at the very least ill use mouthwash. but i dont always have the motivation to take care of myself as well as i should.

Twice daily. If anyone brushes less than seven times a week can you please explain? With showering I kind of understand, but to anyone who doesn’t brush daily, explain why.

Once daily...and sometimes I struggle with that.

I got out of the habit of brushing for a long time. An embarrassingly long time. Combined with it not being part of my routine and the sensory issues around it, I just didn't do it.

Then I went to the dentist because I had dental pain. Thought I had broken a tooth but thankfully it was just a cavity. Had to have a very deep clean as well though. After than I made a conscious effort to take better care of my teeth otherwise I'm going to lose them all.

TLDR; once daily after struggles with sensory issues and dental issues

I usually brush my teeth twice a day, but even though it's a habit I tend to be forgetful, and sometimes I only do it once. I do always remember to floss and use mouthwash after I brush my teeth though 😄

Twice minimum. I've a big love of onions and garlic which can result in an extra brushing.

I seem to have a habit of not brushing in the morning and I usually brush before I go to bed. I've been too busy with my life that I just didn't have the time to brush my teeth and I'm also so mentally exhausted.

Twice a day always. After breakfast and before bed. If home I will brush after lunch.

I wish I had looked after my teeth when I was younger. I wasn’t encouraged so teeth not great. Also stress grind my teeth at night 🙈My son has perfect teeth and I encourage (nag 😂) him to look after them 💜

Twice a day, sometimes more. Depends on what I ate that day usually or where I'm going.

1691371646682.png

Oh

Twice a day. Occasionally, I'll forget at night but then I'll feel gross the next morning.

Never because flossing and brushing my teeth were actually part of the abuse I went through. It sounds crazy and hard to believe but let me explain. My abuser was extremely obsessed with perfectly white teeth and forced me to brush my teeth for four minutes and I had to use a battery powered toothbrush and she’d listen to the sound of it running. I dreaded when the batteries were dying because it would become quiet and she’d get mad and yell at me that I had better be brushing my teeth. Well if my teeth weren’t “clean” enough, she’d hit me for not brushing properly and made me do it again for four more minutes. There were times where I was wasting twenty minutes trying to get my teeth to be clean enough and avoid getting hit and my toothbrush head always looked like it was being used for months when it was only a week since I had replaced it. Sometimes I was spitting out a tiny bit of blood. Flossing was even worse as I was forced to use those floss picks and they are actually breakable as I kept popping the floss out of the end and had to use so manny of them. I was being forced to dig so hard in between my teeth that the floss would come out bloody and I kept spitting out blood because if I left anything in between my teeth, my abuser would hit me. She used brushing and flossing my teeth as a form of punishment that I can’t do it anymore without getting flashbacks of being hit because my teeth weren’t “clean” enough. There were even times where I was being forced to brush so long my hand began to hurt and grow numb from holding the toothbrush for so long. People don’t understand how truly awful it was to go through all of that for years. Spitting out blood every time you floss when you don’t even have a gum disease is a horrible thing to go through and it seriously hurt every time I flossed because I was being forced to keep cutting my gums everyday and they never got a chance to fully heal.

Never because flossing and brushing my teeth were actually part of the abuse I went through. It sounds crazy and hard to believe but let me explain. My abuser was extremely obsessed with perfectly white teeth and forced me to brush my teeth for four minutes and I had to use a battery powered toothbrush and she’d listen to the sound of it running. I dreaded when the batteries were dying because it would become quiet and she’d get mad and yell at me that I had better be brushing my teeth. Well if my teeth weren’t “clean” enough, she’d hit me for not brushing properly and made me do it again for four more minutes. There were times where I was wasting twenty minutes trying to get my teeth to be clean enough and avoid getting hit and my toothbrush head always looked like it was being used for months when it was only a week since I had replaced it. Sometimes I was spitting out a tiny bit of blood. Flossing was even worse as I was forced to use those floss picks and they are actually breakable as I kept popping the floss out of the end and had to use so manny of them. I was being forced to dig so hard in between my teeth that the floss would come out bloody and I kept spitting out blood because if I left anything in between my teeth, my abuser would hit me. She used brushing and flossing my teeth as a form of punishment that I can’t do it anymore without getting flashbacks of being hit because my teeth weren’t “clean” enough. There were even times where I was being forced to brush so long my hand began to hurt and grow numb from holding the toothbrush for so long. People don’t understand how truly awful it was to go through all of that for years. Spitting out blood every time you floss when you don’t even have a gum disease is a horrible thing to go through and it seriously hurt every time I flossed because I was being forced to keep cutting my gums everyday and they never got a chance to fully heal.
Jesus Christ. I really hope you recovered from this mentally.

Twice a day. Once in the morning and before bedtime. I also floss at least once or twice a day. I've had bad hygiene habits that have resulted in cavities, so I try to maintain this routine so that I don't have to visit the dentist as often as I used to.

I aim for twice a day. I rarely meet that goal. So, usually once a day, at the end of the day. I supplement with mouthwash.

I brush my teeth more than twice a day, each time I eat something or feel it.

Back