• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you brush your teeth?

How often do you brush your teeth?

• More than twice daily

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Twice daily

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • Once daily

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Not daily but at least once a week

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Not weekly but at least once a month

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Rarely or never

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

~Kilza~

Staff
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
More hygiene questions! This time I am curious about the brushing habits of my fellow TBTers. 👀

Personally, I do it twice daily whenever I can, both morning and night. Rarely I'll end up skipping it in the morning, but if I do it's just due to not having enough time.

Also, I won't judge those who pick any of the bottom 3 options, but please remember to be kind to your teeth!

Twice daily but sometimes is my teeth feel ugh if I’ve ate something like very sweet or even something citrusy then I’ll brush a third time I just like my teeth to feel smooooth, y’know? 🤌🏻

Twice a day. Once as soon as I get up, the second immediately after dinner.

The toothpaste label actually advises against exceeding that, but I wouldn't know exactly why. I assume it's because of the acidity in the toothpaste?

Twice a day. Once as soon as I get up, the second immediately after dinner.

The toothpaste label actually advises against exceeding that, but I wouldn't know exactly why. I assume it's because of the acidity in the toothpaste?

Fun fact, toothpastes are generally a weak base! The reason it's advised to brush only twice a day is (presumably) dental abrasion, caused by brushing too frequently or with a toothbrush too harshly.

Also, I brush my teeth twice a day. 😭💜

Fun fact, toothpastes are generally a weak base! The reason it's advised to brush only twice a day is (presumably) dental abrasion, caused by brushing too frequently or with a toothbrush too harshly.

Also, I brush my teeth twice a day. 😭💜
Ah, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you!! 💕

My whole top is an implant, so my answer is a bit specific. For my real teeth, which are on the bottom, I do brush them twice a day. As for my implant, I clean it after every big meal, including morning and night. I answered the poll for my remaining real teeth.

Two to three times a day, but for the purpose of the poll I voted twice daily.

twice a day. after breakfast + before i go to sleep. sometimes i use mouthwash in the afternoon but that's not the same thing

Good job making this poll anonymous, lol.
I would love to brush after every meal, but my day is surprisingly hectic. The real big one was learning to floss daily-- now I can't imagine skipping flossing. You get so much out of it! I wish I had valued my teeth more as a kid, so I am telling my horror stories to my own offspring...

the typical twice a day is my average (after i’ve woken up for the day and have had something to eat, and again at night before i go to bed), but sometimes i’ll brush 3-4 times a day if i eat or drink something particularly sweet or sticky that day. i also sometimes can only manage brushing once a day during my depressive episodes, but i still try to take care of my teeth the best i can during those times.

i admittedly haven’t always been the best at taking care of my teeth, especially when i was younger, and it’s resulted in countless cavities (including some extremely painful ones 😬 tooth pain is no joke), a couple of root canals, and even some abscesses and extractions over the years. i’ll likely never have a smile that i’m not self-conscious of because of my dumb decisions in the past, but i can’t change the past— all i can do is try to do better moving forward. besides, the fear of ever having a toothache again is a great motivator to brush my teeth during my depressive episodes 😅

Twice daily. In the morning and before going to bed.

i try to do it twice but sometimes i just CRASH when i enter the bed and sleep right away.

I eat 2 meals daily and floss + brush directly after each.

twice - morning and night. i also floss

at most i'll do 3 brushes but that's only if my mouth feels icky

Back