• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Count Inside the Bottle

Oblivia

<3
Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Bells
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Dreamy Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Spirit Candy: Wix
CITB_banner.png

Greetings to all of our newcomers, and welcome back to all the candy-sprinkled counting veterans! I hope you all are crawling for some mathematical excitement and have your Calamine lotion handy, because this year's Camp-themed bottles might have your brain feeling a little... itchy? Don't count on this one being a walk in the park and make sure you sing a few campfire songs for good luck, because we're back again with everyone's favorite confectionery conundrum: Count Inside the Bottle!

How To Play 🐜

Each week on Sunday around 7pm EST, I'll be posting a photo of a jar that's filled to the brim with some variety of camp-themed goodies, whether it's candy, grains of beach sand, or something else. From here, you'll need to use your wits, math skills, and a dash of luck to accurately predict how many pieces of each item is inside the photographed jar(s). You'll have one week, or until the following Sunday around 7pm EST to come up with your best guess, after which submissions will be closed until the next photo goes up.

Submissions 🐜

Once you feel confident in your guess, head over to the Submissions Board and choose the "Count Inside the Bottle" option from the dropdown menu. From there, choose the round number and fill out the numerical field only with your guess. Each person is only allowed one guess and may not change or edit their guess once posted, so be sure to make it... COUNT!

Please remember to only post your guesses in the Submissions Board, and refrain from discussing your guesses publicly until after the correct answer has been posted.

The Bottles 🐜

August 8th:
Actual number - 503!
ants.jpeg
August 15th:
Actual number - 592!
5239D8A9-83B3-4BD4-854C-86E1000E4538.jpeg
August 22nd:
Actual number - 567!
AA22AC20-D3DE-4FD4-9C81-DB3ADE82A542.jpeg

Prizes 🐜

You can earn anywhere from 0-12 Campfire Tokens depending how close you come to the correct number. The person with the closest guess for each jar will also earn a limited edition Rainbow Jellyfish collectible!

You'll also earn these cabin-specific rewards based on your guessing prowess. The person who manages to guess closest to the exact number will earn 200 points for their cabin, with points distributed as follows for the next closest guesses per cabin:

2nd closest guess will earn 100 points for their cabin
3rd closest guess will earn 50 points for their cabin
4th closest guess will earn 20 points for their cabin
5th closest guess will earn 10 points for their cabin

Keep in mind that these points are per cabin, meaning that if people from a specific cabin show up in two placings for closest guesses only the highest/closest guess will be counted for points.

Best of luck to everyone, and let the best cabin win!

Have fun, and happy counting!
ezgif-4-ecef4e49daaa.gif

I originally bottled up some mini Twix bars for a nice and easy first round, but when I came back to take photos I discovered that the bottles were full of creepy, crawly, ravenous ants, and they had eaten every last crumb of the candy bars. I didn't have time to go back to the store and the ants seemed pretty insistent on being this round's counting fodder, so try to ignore the inevitable pruritus and let's give these little campground pests a good counting!

For this round, make sure your guess is the cumulative number in both jars, along with the straggler in the front. All guesses should be posted in the Submissions Board and should not be discussed publicly until after the round has concluded and the actual number is revealed.

Best of luck to everyone!

View attachment 389324

But what if an ant escapes? Will the correct number go down?

Is there anything we're supposed to put in the message field of our submission? It says to fill out the numerical field only with our guess, so I'm a little confused.
Also, sorry if this isn't the right place, but I can't access the Contest and Event Private Submission Guide that's linked in the first post. ;; It says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Lol, whoever comes closest should be sent the amount of ants they guessed! If there are any leftover, the closest ones guesses after the winner each gets an ant! Lol!!!

idk where to put this but the submissions board has count the bottle as "cound" the bottle 🙊

Is there anything we're supposed to put in the message field of our submission? It says to fill out the numerical field only with our guess, so I'm a little confused.
Also, sorry if this isn't the right place, but I can't access the Contest and Event Private Submission Guide that's linked in the first post. ;; It says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
So sorry about that! The linked thread wasn't actually relevant to this event so I've edited it out. The message can be anything you'd like so long as the numerical field is filled in.
idk where to put this but the submissions board has count the bottle as "cound" the bottle 🙊
Of course it does. Smamrocks all over again.
wait there's an animated rainbow jelly seperate from the regular rainbow one?
That was a typo on my part! I've edited it just now, and thanks for letting me know. :)

Also I'm sorry for any disappointment as an animated jelly would be amazing...

I only got lucky once with something like this. But what the heck. Going to try anyway.

Can we still submit if we have no cabin?
As long as you're waiting to be sorted into your cabin, which it looks like you are. :)

Now seems like a good time to mention that any guesses made by people who aren't opted into the event won't be eligible to earn currency or collectibles, so be sure to opt in if you want to partake in the Camp activities!

Back