• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🎮 Town Initiatives - Start Here!

LaBelleFleur

🌼
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
3227-5763-5995
Island
Honeylune
Rotating Fool's Egg
Spring Sakura
Classic Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Blue Bunny Balloon
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Town Initiatives Banner.png

As you step into the town hall, you're overtaken with nostalgia. Memories of simpler times overwhelm you, until a friendly voice snaps you out of your reverie.

"Mayor! It's been forever since you were last here! I've been doing my best to fill your shoes while you were away... but now that you're back, we've got a long list of items to tackle!"

You take your place in the familar black chair. So much has changed... but sitting here, seeing Isabelle's face smiling back at you... it's as if you'd never left.

🏤 How to Participate

The Town Initiatives event is designed to celebrate all of the wonderful things Animal Crossing (and New Leaf in particular) has to offer! In the Town Initiatives board, you'll find a number of threads that each correspond to a task within Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Complete the task, post a photo showing you've completed the task in the corresponding task thread, and earn MEOW Coupons & Bells! The harder or more involved the task is, the more you'll earn!

Since online play was such a fundemental part of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and its pending discontinuation is why this event came to be, many of the tasks either require you to play with others, or award more prizes for doing so. While there are still tasks that can be completed solo, we highly encourage you to reach out and play with your fellow members! Check out The Train Station board to find other members looking to play!

Submissions for all tasks close Thursday, March 21st, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. More tasks will be posted as the event progresses, so be sure to check back often!

🏤 Submission Guidelines

Submission requirements may vary from task to task and will be outlined in each task thread, so please be sure to double-check each task's requirements before you submit! Most tasks will require you to upload a photo of your character saying your username & 'TBT 2024'.

For tasks involving multiple players, each member must submit their own photo. You don't need to worry about coordinating so all of your usernames are visible at once - just your own is fine!

Finally, since retrieving screenshots from the Nintendo 3DS can be tricky in this day & age, we will accept photos taken with a camera.

🏤 Prizes

• Tier 1 Task
    • 3 MEOW Coupons
    • 6 Bells
  • Tier 2 Task
    • 6 MEOW Coupons
    • 12 Bells
  • Tier 3 Task
    • 9 MEOW Coupons
    • 18 Bells
  • Tier 4 Task
    • 12 MEOW Coupons
    • 24 Bells

Released March 7th:
Task
Tier
Online Play Required?
A Trip to the Station!Tier 1No
Shop 'til You Drop!Tier 1-2Optional
Time to Dance!Tier 1-2Optional
A Perilous Prank!Tier 2Yes
The Stalk Market!Tier 2No
Fruitful Perfection!Tier 3Yes
A Terrific Tour!Tier 3-4Yes

Released March 14th:
Task
Tier
Online Play Required?
Feed the Birds!Tier 1No
Reflections at Town Tree!Tier 1No
Coffee To-Go!Tier 1-2Optional
Greetings to Royalty!Tier 1-2Optional
Shark Secured!Tier 2-3Optional
Sweet Dreams!Tier 3Yes
Hammer Time!Tier 3-4Yes

My L R buttons decided they had enough...🙃 why now...
They work with the camera but not the game, I guess it's a problem for tomorrow.
Since I have nothing right now to read SD cards, I uploaded them on Facebook via the 3DS, still working, then linked the image here.

It has been a hot minute since I opened my 3DS & played this game... can someone please explain to me how to text chat in this game so I can turn in these town initiatives as stated. Any help would be very much appreciated! 😌

@LaBelleFleur is it okay to submit a photo with the character name hidden? I don’t really wanna share my real name and I doubt I’m the only one. Totally fine if not :)
Post automatically merged:

It has been a hot minute since I opened my 3DS & played this game... can someone please explain to me how to text chat in this game so I can turn in these town initiatives as stated. Any help would be very much appreciated! 😌
On the bottom screen below your map there’s a little speech bubble (I think it’s brown/orange), then a keyboard pops up and you can type your message.

Hi @LaBelleFleur! For events that require multiple people or traveling towns, do those have to be done with other TBT members? Or can I play and do some of these with my sister who isn't on TBT?

Hi @LaBelleFleur! For events that require multiple people or traveling towns, do those have to be done with other TBT members? Or can I play and do some of these with my sister who isn't on TBT?
She can join? 😉 I have mothers days plans with my son (who joined before me) and it might involve me inviting him over and maybe pitfalls 🤔 😂

damn it, I don't have any of this unlocked and I can't use WiFi anything because I moved house last year...
minireally.png

i was wondering the same thing for the tasks that require one other player c: could it be someone else playing the game with me irl for the pair tasks?

I don’t have the police station 😭 am I able to visit someone to get the photo?
Yes, you may visit another player & use their Police Station! Same goes for T&T Emporium, etc.

@LaBelleFleur is it okay to submit a photo with the character name hidden? I don’t really wanna share my real name and I doubt I’m the only one. Totally fine if not :)
I'm going to say no since photos need to be unedited. If you're not comfortable sharing your real name, I'd suggest creating or using an existing second character with a name you're willing to share.

i was wondering the same thing for the tasks that require one other player c: could it be someone else playing the game with me irl for the pair tasks?
Yes, feel free to play with whoever you'd like, TBT member or otherwise!

Same question except the second player being myself on a second 3DS because I am that much of a loner 😅
I'm not going to say no, but in the spirit of the event I'd highly encourage you to check out The Train Station - there's lots of people looking to play right now!

I took photos for some of the initiatives a while ago but only just now have the opportunity to submit them. Is that going to be a problem?

My submission
Submissions need to be posted in the appropriate task thread in order to be accepted - please post this in Town Initiatives - A Trip to the Station!

I took photos for some of the initiatives a while ago but only just now have the opportunity to submit them. Is that going to be a problem?
Not sure what you mean by 'a while ago', but photos need to be taken for this event specifically, which is why most of the tasks require your character to say your TBT username & 'TBT 2024'. If you entry fits that criteria, feel free to submit it!

Will additional tasks be revealed, or is this the finalized set? Thanks!
This is not the final list - more tasks will be revealed later this week! :)

Back