• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Common Room Design (Crews 3 & 4)

Kaiaa

Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
3954-2752-4988
Dark Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Nightmare Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Blue Balloon
Green Balloon
Toy Hammer
Isabelle
1689858810782.png

Hello everyone! Just by looking at your faces I can tell just how excited you are to be here for Space Camp. I can assure you that we have spared no expense and have prepared absolutely everything for you without forgetting a single thing! I know you are all itching to mingle with your fellow camp members so let's take a trip to the Common Room, this way please!

As you follow behind, you notice that the hallways glisten with a metallic sheen from the impossibly fluorescent lights above. It kind of hurts your eyes. You can hear the oohs and ahhs of your peers as they look out the windows which clearly show the vastness of space. After what seems like too long, Kaiaa leads you to a door at the end of the hallway and turns to smile at everyone -- she opens the door with a "ta-dah!".

As the door swings open, you are greeted with a blast of stale air. A single flickering light inside the room illuminates a dusty cobweb in the corner. We have space spiders now?! Where are the tables and chairs? The jukebox? ANYTHING!?

Oh dear.

I knew I was forgetting something...Don't worry just yet Space Campers! This is the perfect opportunity for us to really make this room into something where we can all hang out and get to know each other! Do we have any interior decorators on board? Let's get some concepts together!

Objective

You will be using Animal Crossing: New Horizons to design a Common Room for our ship. Please visit Harvey’s house on Harvey’s Island to complete this objective!

Rules

• All entries must be original, no copying from someone else or submitting something you found off the internet.
  • Entries should resemble a Spaceship Common Room
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your submission. Low effort entries or joke entries will not be accepted.
  • Entries should be created on Harvey’s Island, please do not use homes from the Happy Home Paradise DLC.
  • Only one entry is allowed per person.
  • Remember that you will be uploading two images for your entry to count! One of the scene the way you want it shown, and another with your player character saying your TBT username in the same scene!
How to Submit

• Post your Common Room scene in this thread.
  • Like in past events, remember to post proof that it is your screenshot by uploading a second screenshot while your player character says your TBT username in the same scene.
  • Entries will be periodically reviewed and accepted entries will be marked with the 'Accepted' reaction.
Submissions close on August 15th at 6:59PM EDT

Prizes

• 16 Cargo Tokens once submission is accepted.
  • 8 additional Cargo Tokens for Community Favorites.
  • 15 points for your team.
  • Rainbow Crescent Moon to voted favorite

Commonly Asked Questions

Q: I can't upload screenshots. Can I submit a photo of my screen instead?
A: This will be allowed.

Q: May player characters, villagers or NPCs be in the screenshots?
A: Yes, that is encouraged!

Q: Can I exclude my player character from the scene?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I use the different camera functions to take my screenshot?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I use functions from the Happy Home Paradise DLC? (Such as polishing, making counters/walls, accent walls etc.)
A: Yes!

A02FDAF0-1B1D-450C-8FF0-AD9B060738E8.jpeg

The common room for the International Space Emolgacean! Here, there’s entertainment, a meeting room, food, board games and most importantly, an eerie psychic reading from cadet Ione! (Marshal can confirm)

This room is open to all camp tbters who wish to join us on our space ship! I hope to see you there!

24DAE258-89B1-4E0B-92DF-343EBC894691.jpeg

(I had a bit of trouble getting my joycon drift to let me type out the name so the angle is a bit different, I apologize!)

come on in, moon bunnies! relax and take a load off between star dust gatherings, scavenger hunts, and all of your taxing camp missions! just make sure not to disturb the totally legit moon bunny snoozing by the spaceship crew controls! 🐰🌙🤍

IMG_2643.jpeg

please ignore that the date says january 18th LOL, that was the last time i actually played and i can’t move forward cause i have an empty plot
IMG_2644.jpeg

i hope this is spacey enough! i have a very tiny catalogue

everyone needs a big break from solving gulliver's transmissions, soon we will all discuss our favourite breads once again. ione is somehow still comfortable looking at letters, sasha is devastated he didn't get his own collectible 😔 kid cat and snake don't really know what to do about it and frankly neither do i. space whale is hiding 🐳

IMG_8725.JPG

IMG_8724.JPG

IMG_5671.jpeg

Welcome to the International Space Cetacean common room, where we pay homage to our venerable king, whale shark. As you can see we have laid many glorious gifts at his feet. In return he grants us with good luck, prosperity, and the courage to take photos of motorized shopping carts

IMG_5672.jpeg

ICZ.jpg

Whalecome to the Interpersonal Chill Zone (ICZ). After a long day of casually claiming victory left and right, kick back and have some fun with the classics. Whalether you're showing off in tennis, creating beautiful melodies, or sitting on the peach, there's always a way to have a good time in the ICZ.

ICZProof.jpg

FB5563E5-F2CF-4008-A821-CE095F0BFC29.jpeg

The ISC’s common room has over time become more and more of a mess, but that reflects their success. Even the floors are coated in stardust, and celebratory scraps cover the furniture. Still, the usual anemities are there- mood lighting, good food and great company. And you can never have enough Space Whale.

Proof
1610FD75-DA19-4B8E-ADE5-888A60313BCF.jpeg

🌕 Come visit the Moon Bunnies Common Room. Where comfort and space travel meets elegance. We have lots of various literature and games. So when you stop by this room, don't be afraid to swing by and relax!✨
2023080922044500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023080922052100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
2023080922060900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Back