• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Common Room Design (Crews 1 & 2)

Kaiaa

Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
3954-2752-4988
Dark Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Nightmare Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Blue Balloon
Green Balloon
Toy Hammer
Isabelle
1690928326861.png

Hello everyone! Just by looking at your faces I can tell just how excited you are to be here for Space Camp. I can assure you that we have spared no expense and have prepared absolutely everything for you without forgetting a single thing! I know you are all itching to mingle with your fellow camp members so let's take a trip to the Common Room, this way please!

As you follow behind, you notice that the hallways glisten with a metallic sheen from the impossibly fluorescent lights above. It kind of hurts your eyes. You can hear the oohs and ahhs of your peers as they look out the windows which clearly show the vastness of space. After what seems like too long, Kaiaa leads you to a door at the end of the hallway and turns to smile at everyone -- she opens the door with a "ta-dah!".

As the door swings open, you are greeted with a blast of stale air. A single flickering light inside the room illuminates a dusty cobweb in the corner. We have space spiders now?! Where are the tables and chairs? The jukebox? ANYTHING!?

Oh dear.

I knew I was forgetting something...Don't worry just yet Space Campers! This is the perfect opportunity for us to really make this room into something where we can all hang out and get to know each other! Do we have any interior decorators on board? Let's get some concepts together!

Objective 🪑

You will be using Animal Crossing: New Horizons to design a Common Room for our ship. Please visit Harvey’s house on Harvey’s Island to complete this objective!

Rules 🪑

• All entries must be original, no copying from someone else or submitting something you found off the internet.
  • Entries should resemble a Spaceship Common Room
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your submission. Low effort entries or joke entries will not be accepted.
  • Entries should be created on Harvey’s Island, please do not use homes from the Happy Home Paradise DLC.
  • Only one entry is allowed per person.
  • Remember that you will be uploading two images for your entry to count! One of the scene the way you want it shown, and another with your player character saying your TBT username in the same scene!
How to Submit 🪑

• Post your Common Room scene in this thread.
  • Like in past events, remember to post proof that it is your screenshot by uploading a second screenshot while your player character says your TBT username in the same scene.
  • Entries will be periodically reviewed and accepted entries will be marked with the 'Accepted' reaction.
Submissions close on August 8th at 6:59PM EDT

How to vote 🪑

The crew favourites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the (y) Like or :love: Love or any unlocked reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

While you can react to any entry, favourites will be decided only by votes from members of the same quarters.

Prizes 🪑

• 16 Cargo Tokens once submission is accepted.
  • 15 points for your team.
  • The top 3 crew favourites will earn an additional 8 Cargo Tokens. The top 1 will also receive a Rainbow Crescent Moon Collectible.

Commonly Asked Questions 🪑

Q: I can't upload screenshots. Can I submit a photo of my screen instead?
A: This will be allowed.

Q: May player characters, villagers or NPCs be in the screenshots?
A: Yes, that is encouraged!

Q: Can I exclude my player character from the scene?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I use the different camera functions to take my screenshot?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I use functions from the Happy Home Paradise DLC? (Such as polishing, making counters/walls, accent walls etc.)
A: Yes!

After spending some time in my crew quarters I tried to capture the feeling of how I believe the common area would be very fun, and also kind of messy! Lol
Also Sasha is enjoying all the stardust collected for him. ⭐

NrOxL4g.jpg

vl3wKba.jpg

my mayor was the one throwing confetti everywhere, but don't worry there's a broom

F2gESnJaQAA_IaV.jpg

Not to worry, we've heard your complaints and we've upgraded the Lopez's common room with all the amenities space campers could ever need! Top of the line seating ensures you'll be sitting pretty while working on your crew's missions, or take a break and enjoy our fully stocked entertainment facility!
-We've got karaoke, sing your heart out to the latest Earth tunes!
-A fine assortment of space magazines and catalogs to help pass the time between events.
-An alien egg research station where we can analyze our found specimens to understand their origins, and where we might find more!
-A workout station for staying in tip top shape, despite low gravity conditions.
-And there's a wide selection of patent pending SPACE FOOD available to snack on, though some crew members seem to have had a difficult time adjusting to their new diet. The Lopez is not responsible for mutations, unexpected growths, or loss of lunch from consuming SPACE FOOD. Consume at camper's own risk!

F2gESnTa4AAZwiC.jpg

View attachment 503545

Not to worry, we've heard your complaints and we've upgraded the Lopez's common room with all the amenities space campers could ever need! Top of the line seating ensures you'll be sitting pretty while working on your crew's missions, or take a break and enjoy our fully stocked entertainment facility!
-We've got karaoke, sing your heart out to the latest Earth tunes!
-A fine assortment of space magazines and catalogs to help pass the time between events.
-An alien egg research station where we can analyze our found specimens to understand their origins, and where we might find more!
-A workout station for staying in tip top shape, despite low gravity conditions.
-And there's a wide selection of patent pending SPACE FOOD available to snack on, though some crew members seem to have had a difficult time adjusting to their new diet. The Lopez is not responsible for mutations, unexpected growths, or loss of lunch from consuming SPACE FOOD. Consume at camper's own risk!

This entry just won an apple favorite award. Congratulations!

I don’t know about crew favorites, but I am the one in charge of the apple favorites.

"It's Scuffed and I have Complaints"
2023080123265400_s.jpg
"Why are all the electronics in one corner? What if we blow a circuit? Oh dear... I'm glad I have life insurance..."
"We only have one nice chair... This may be Blasphemous."
"Yes and YOU are sitting on it, Huck. I expected... more... for our common space."
"Who brought an arcade machine? Whoever you are, thanks! I'm happy."
"Yo the laptop is so far from the treadmill that it might be less scuffed to watch the TV while running!"

Nobody told Soup about having to decorate a common space. So they ran all around the ship trying to find anything fun or remotely communal to place in the room. After some hauling, toiling, and smashing some space-themed trinkets here and there, here is Soup panicking as the crew members slowly devolve into chaos. (Please don't ask about the robot. We don't know either it's just been there.)

2023080123271700_s.jpg

• Entries should be created on Harvey’s Island, please do not use homes from the Happy Home Paradise DLC.
This is just killin' me... 🥲 But I did what I could in the studio and I think that it turned out decent.

I tried to include items for all tastes and hobbies, so that everyone in the crew can enjoy the common room and have a good time there - playing, exercising or grabbing a bite (Punchy is proving that it's a good place for a power nap too; maybe I took too long pondering over my next move in that board game...).

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

F2iGzYpaUAEqbEb.jpg

I brought my baked log for anyone to eat as they please ! But Blanche and Kabuki are determined to understand what they found on the mysterious planet and the other are focused on their games !
F2iGzYuaYAAM9j8.jpg

vJ9KB99.jpg

l9JH5pi.gif
unidentified moss outbreak!!
l9JH5pi.gif

cadet puck and i are celebrating another successful space walk! upon returning we noticed these strange mossy clumps that seem to make anyone who comes into contact with it extra sleepy. cadet tad is already down and out of commission after his space walk and doctor toby prescribed 50 CCs of nap time serum. while this is only a temporary fix, doctor etoile is hard at work at understanding what exactly we're dealing with here.....now if only cadet hopkins would get off the specimen she was examining.....oh no. it's too late! he's come into contact with it!​
ridlGKa.jpg

Going for a cozy spaceship common room vibe where everyone likes to hangout in their spare time! This spaceship is one of those ring-shaped ones that spin to create a sense of gravity (I promise the climbing wall is not just decorative :p)

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9827.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9827.jpeg
    IMG_9827.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 6
i decided to go for a cozy common room with a chill corner and a gaming corner, somewhere to get snacks (lucky needs his fellow crewmate to hurry up at that fridge!) and a little makeshift medical area. vivian's trying to deduce if bob's actually sick or just decided to sleep in the first bed he saw :/

common room A.jpg

common room B.jpg

I went a little space-age retro with mine and was slightly inspired by catina from Star Wars. Which is why I recreated the band with some of my villagers I have in place of my teammates.

What kind of ship doesn't have a little place where everyone can go have fun, drink juice, and eat cookies. That's a rhetorical question. I don't want to know the answer if one exists.
Room.jpg

Proof.jpg

Back