• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Obscure Observations (Crews 3 & 4)

Journal entry : 01

Journal! I have just come aboard this new space craft titled "The Lopez", it's so spacious in here, and there are so many people. I'm not sure exactly what adventures I'll be getting up to but I'm excited to find out!

Journal entry : 02

Today we have all been sorted into different crews, it seems on this side of the ship has all our crewmates, we've all got nametags that read "Crew three", I'm not sure how many there are but It looks like this is where I will be staying.

We've all started voting on names and colours, It seems we'll be competing against other crews while we're here. We'll now be called the International space cetaceans! Such a cool name, I think I'm gonna like being a part of this crew.

Journal entry : 03

Journal....It's been a while since I have written, I have been a very preoccupied with all the challenges we have been facing here!

It's been a few weeks since I've first embarked on the Lopez, I have been having a great time here! The first few days were a lot of fun, we took some pictures with these interesting little creatures called gyroids, and did some gazing out of the windows on deck, did you know there are so many different designed space crafts out here, some of them I wonder how they even fly?

In the next few days I got to try out a really cool high tech telescope and we got to look at a bunch of different constellations! I've never seen so many back on earth, the amount of stars that I see everyday on this ship is probably more than I've seen in my lifetime. We also docked on a strange planet and we're tasked with collecting a bunch of this stuff called star dust? I'm not really sure it's what I thought star dust would look like, or what we're gonna do with all of it, but we all collected so much I'm sure we'll be good to go for a while. That mission was tiring, but I think it was worth it in the end. Since then I've just been relaxing in our common room here, it seems this expedition is coming to a close. I'm gonna miss everyone here once this is all over, I think it's gonna take some time for me to adjust once I'm back home, one thing I can say for certain is this was an unforgettable journey and I'm so thankful I was invited to be a part of this adventure!

[LOG ENTRY... #5]
[WEEK #3]
[RECORDED COMMUNICATION]
["THE LOPEZ" TO ISO]

[BEGIN LOG]

Hey, what's up, ISO! It's your favorite cadet come to give you a new update on what's going on up here at Space Camp! You know, I got used to the space life rather quickly, I wish you could've been here to see what it's like. Gulliver finally came back and it looks like we might be able to get home soon- you know, if not for the asteroid and the babies. Oh, yeah, speaking of babies, Gulliver brought back a bunch of itty bitty shrunken aliens that broke out of their containment and are now practically taking over the ship. Don't worry, we have it all under control! There's been no breaches in confidentiality nor privacy, no sirree. I didn't have to stop a group of these devilish infants from releasing my previous log entries to the entire crew, why did you ask?

Haha, anyways, all of that aside, I've been much of a homebody since we landed on this planet. I really don't trust alien worlds, so I've been staying safely on the ship, going outside as little as possible. That said, I did take a small step outside to run some tests on the soil. Did you know, the soil composition and oxygen concentration of the atmosphere would be perfect for giant insects? Just saying, we might get a new base camp.

Oh crap, I think I hear Mistreil. They might need to make an announcement to the whole ship. Gotta go big boss! I know you told me 'not to be so casual' in communications, but I think this is a lot less suspicious. See ya!

[END LOG]

“The Lopez” Station Log - Camper Rio_ of the Moon Bunnies

06-08-23

Our irresponsible, seldom-seen captain has finally returned. He’s been going on about his “epic” space battle and “super cool” terrarium for 3 hours straight. The alien lifeforms he captured seem to be restless.

10-08-23

The alien lifeforms have begun violently slamming against the walls of the candy jar “terrarium”. Captain Gulliver has assured us that the terrarium walls are made of the highest quality shatter-proof glass this side of the galaxy and there is no possible way for them to escape.

12-08-23

The aliens are now coordinating their slams in sync and are exerting all their strength against the glass. Captain Gulliver continues to assure us it’s fine and that he is 99.8% sure the glass will hold. He says he will distract them every few hours by tapping on the glass and making smug faces at them.

13-08-23 Log I

This is a disaster! The aliens have broken free from their glass prison and infiltrated the space station! We managed to re-contain 5 of them, but the rest have gone into hiding. We are on high alert, and have been instructed to report any sightings to our superiors. Under no circumstances are we to engage.

13-08-23 Log II

A strange, fluorescent green mold has been spreading from the site of the escape to the nearby cafeteria. The affected areas have been sealed off, with no one permitted to enter. Sadly, this means we were unable to collect a second helping of popsicles…

14-08-23

The mold continues to spread, and has now enveloped the Observatory. Security footage shows many aliens gathering there, but it is far too dangerous to investigate. We fear the mold is highly toxic, as several crew members are turning green and acting… odd.

15-08-23 Log I

The number of infected crew members has skyrocketed, and what’s worse is that the mold seems to have mind-altering capabilities! The infected have joined forces with the aliens to take control of most of the station! Us remaining Moon Bunnies and International Space Cetaceans have barricaded ourselves in the Cargo Hold. We have lost all contact with the other quarters. All we can hear from outside are sirens blaring, loud banging and faint chants of “ONE OF US! ONE OF US!”

15-08-23 Log II

Everything is okay :)

i decided to do mine in the form of a light horror!!

"space is
a quiet place
full of darkness
full of starkness
yet there is so much light
in stars so bright."

i put down my pen and close my space journal knowing i can't possibly rhyme another 146 characters, i let out a sigh as i look around the spaceship in boredom.

146 days we have been trapped in space now, 63 team members remain are within the ICS spaceship. team tensions are rising steadily as we argue once more over the flight path home, "i know the way back better than all of you" i scream as kilza explains that we're going in the wrong direction.

i catch them stare nervously at me from the other end of the ship.

"for the last time i didn't purposefully shove liam off the ship" i exclaim. i'm not sure they believe me. i'm not sure i even believe myself. all i can see is four walls and a sea of darkness that feels like an eternity. i can see the oxygen levels decrease each day. each day i am subconsciously looking for another a weak link.

146 days we have been trapped in space now, 62 team members remain as i let out a giggle. i will be returning home no matter what.

How many days have passed since I first set aboard this vessel? I was drifting through space at first, despite opting into the crew selections, but was shortly after saved by one crew now dubbed the "Moon Bunnies" and branded with their logo. But was it worth it? If I could tell you as such, then I wouldn't be writing this.

Not even a week into getting settled in, and they were already ordering us around to do menial tasks and pitting us against each other in what I can only imagine is a sick way to get their kicks in. They do pay us at least, but it's with some play-money currency they call "tokens" and they also operate the only shop in the known cosmos that accepst them as a valid form of currency. I fear that there may be a racketeering operation afoot that I got myself suckered into. The icons I can buy are cute, at least. Remind me of NFTs, but they insist it's something else. All the same, I plan on grabbing me a bunch before this expedition is over, provided I'm able to leave.

Which brings me to Gulliver. Apparently he was missing for most of the period I was aboard and only now returned? And with a bunch of tiny vicious alien babies with him? What the hell, man. I've heard of being a dunce, but this is next level. Are we sure he's not just the acting captain? At least I'm fairly certain that I am safe from their clutches so long as I eMBRaCe The GLOw

I hAVE deCiDed t0 1nTr0DuC3 THE53 F1NE Sp3CImEns to tH3 Cr34TUrEs oF S127-3, 0TH3Rw15E KN0wN a5 34rTh. The Cr3AtUR3s of S127-3 wI11 M4Ke a L0v3lY aDDit10N t0 oU-

-transmission has been cut-​

Dear Daisy,

Remember when we thought how strange it was when Gulliver occasionally washed up on our island shore and muttered he needed to return to his ship in New Leaf? Well, earlier this summer when I returned from my trip abroad, I discovered all the other island residents of New Horizons were gone, but there he was - passed out on the shoreline again. I woke him up to ask if he knew the other residents’ whereabouts. In response, he simply directed me to his ship on the mountain and told me he would meet me there. A ship on a mountain seemed silly, but I went to the mountain anyway to look for the other residents. There, I came across his ship – which you won’t believe – is actually a spaceship. As I entered the wide-open door and fixed my eyes on a sign reading “Welcome Campers” at the entrance, the door behind me slammed shut and the spaceship departed for an unknown destination. I was nervous and did not know what to expect. Finally, the aircraft docked at this expansive space station named “The Lopez”. The other residents were now in view, and it seemed more like a summer camp than a space station. I was still unsure of what to make of this, but I was excited to explore and discover what this place would hold for my summer with the other island residents.

Upon my arrival at “The Lopez”, Gulliver welcomed me to Space Camp and provided a rundown of the schedule. Residents were split among four crews, and the crews would rotate to a new location of the space station each week. I was sorted into the International Space Cetacean crew. It was pretty awesome that our crew color was purple and our mascot was a space narwhal (and later unofficially the whale shark too). My crewmates and I participated in card guessing games, spotted UFOs, and decorated rooms with gyroids. For our second week, we were transported to the Observatory, which was my favorite location. We discovered constellations, gathered stardust, and visualized what items would go into our personal preference kits if we had adequate time to prepare for a trip to space. For our third and final week, we were transported to the Cargo Hold. Here, we participated in a scavenger hunt, wrote short stories, and designed common rooms for the space ship. I noticed Gulliver was nowhere to be found after my arrival… strange.

When it was time to return to the island, I recalled boarding the spaceship with my fellow residents. Gulliver was on the dock of “The Lopez'' and waved goodbye and smiled. Then, the spaceship descended. However, the next thing I knew, I woke up on the island shore with the other residents surrounding me asking me if I was OK. They said I was muttering how I needed to return to my ship… was this summer just a figment of my imagination?

Sincerely,
Hanami

Edit: fixed to make it fewer than 500 words

Last edited:
At Moon Bunnies Quarter, fellow members had sighted some strange Unidentified flying objects, also better known as UFOs. Let me tell you all about my experience.

This was not the first time it has happened. I had previously sighted this strange creature back on Earth as it stole all my garden tomatoes. I was astonished when I sighted what seemed to be the same UFO. This UFO was composed of two parts.

The bottom part was composed of steel-like compartments. It emitted such a strong light that I was blinded for a whole five minutes. It moved so slowly, however, that I was able to observe it for another hour.

The top part was composed of a Rebecca purple goo. Two small dots constituted its eyes. Its very thin mouth was especially close to its eyes. As I squinted my eyes, I could observe this elongated smile, the cutest smile I had ever seen I would say.

As it moved towards the Moon Bunnies spaceship, it began to change to a diversity of shapes. At first, it morphed into what seemed to be our mascot: a white moon rabbit. However, this was not your ordinary rabbit. It seemed to had retained its UFO-like shape. It almost seemed to look like a Moon Bunny UFO!

After a few seconds, it transformed again. This time, it took the shape of a bird. The next moment, it turned into a plane! This was followed by a UFO that appeared to be... one of our beloved Moon Bunnies captain, Mistreil?!

The metamorphosis continued for the next hour. I was in awe. To catch a glimpse of this UFO seemed to be an opportunity of a lifetime!

After jolting down my observations, the dots all seemed to connect. I remember a few days ago when our members all gathered together to discuss about a topic: UFO sightings. Every one of us took turns to recount their experiences and observations.

Euraka! Could this UFO be... a real Ditto after all?

Hi mom!

Guess what? I’M IN SPACE!!!

Really!!! Sorry, I didn't tell you sooner, I didn't want you to worry, but you know what they say: "odds of dying are more than 1 in 20"...

Anyway, all is well and there is no cause for concern. Gulliver - it's a bird by the way - led us well to a strange planet and went missing, (they say it happens often) but our captains were there to take great care of us. Really, there is no need for you to call and threaten people at the NASA, I'm fine and having fun. Right now, I'm writing to you next to a pile of what seems to be boxes rehydratable food, like veggies with protein and carbs, looks yummy, but you know what? Most of the food here is bland, (as long as it's not green eggs, yuk) it's a chance that I always have a bottle of sriracha with me, but in space you have to spin it, otherwise it won't come out, watch out for the drops floating in the cargo though, better to keep your goggles on, and it protects you from all that dust as well. It is SO dusty in that ship, you wouldn't believe it, they made us sweep that dust day and night, I was about to lose it, I didn't even know what time it was anymore and the fact that the days here are way shorter was not helping, now I understand how the little prince could watch the sunset 43 times a day. Talking about sunset and sky, we took tons of photos! I can't wait to show you, there are even photos of cute pets, like Lilly and Truffle. Mom, I will tell you more later, right now people are running in all directions chasing of fleeing weird green alien babies, it's the chaos, but do not worry, everything is under control. I hope.

Aniko xx

Back