• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Obscure Observations (Crews 3 & 4)

"Daunting gray eyes cold like the river, wavy tresses black like her heart...a heart without the ability to love."

That is how my crewmates described me. Let them say what they want. No matter how forbidding the occurrence, no matter how vile the creature, I go wherever new discoveries awaited me, even to a lonely, eerie planet such as this. In truth, that is what first drew me to this place. Rocks striking shades of indigo and violet, speckles of starlight creeping along the lake's surface, and encompassing it all, a forest veiled in thick, swirling mist. The gnarled trees seemed to almost beckon me, and I gladly took the invitation, lips giving shape to a pleased smile. The prospect of adding a new entry to my research journal thrilled me so.

Along the way I encountered and studied many kinds of alien lifeforms: from nightmarish insects to atrocious beasts. It was like a candy store for my ravenous mind, an appetite that can never be satiated. Such an exquisite, intoxicating flavor... How could I resist? I craved knowledge, I wanted to experience it all!

Finding a mysterious path, I followed it and came to a small glade gently illuminated by the soft glow of the moon, the arched branches above almost like...a cradle of sorts. There were clusters of carrots that glistened in alternating colors of yellow, pink and blue and downy carpets of moss that gave off a rather soothing green light. But what truly intrigued me was a stirring coming from the center of the glade. I got closer, and upon parting the leaves a small gasp escaped me.

There lay a small rabbit-like creature, with fur as white as snow and ruby-red eyes that looked at me in a way I have never been looked at before. The creature pressed its head affectionately against my hand. Astonishing! Its fur was so plush and soft, I simply must write it down in my journal! But...but I found I could not, for I picked up the creature instead, and suddenly I never wanted to let it go. Just what was this strange feeling in my heart? It was so new to me, even a little startling, but...I liked it very much, and suddenly I found I was smiling for a reason unknown to me. I must find out why.

I decided to take the creature back with me to the space station. In the mornings I would feed it the freshest fruits, in the afternoons let it drink from the clearest brook, and in the evenings let it play in the widest meadow. And it was then I realized I did all this not in the name of research, but simply...to care for it. And how it would look at me so endearingly, like a child would a mother. And how I would smile. Such behavior, such sentiment was unlike me, but...I welcomed it.

My crewmates said many things about us, but let them say what they want.

Why did I agree to go on this trip? For one, I hate flying and have motion sickness. I should never have listened to Gulliver when he asked me to join him aboard The Lopez. Not surprisingly, he’s now lost because he misplaced his communicator again. We’ll be landing on Titan soon to look for him. At least I’ll be able to see Saturn’s beautiful rings from a distance. Perhaps I’ll be able to get some pretty unique photographs to bring home.

The ship touched down on the lunar surface, and the door pressure locks released. The ground crunched beneath our boots as we set out in search of Gulliver. I caught myself in awe, staring at our surroundings. The night sky danced above like a river of purple, pink, and blue light reflected off the methane ocean nearby. I raised my camera to capture all the beauty before me. Through the lens, I noticed something peculiar. Slowly, I approached the glittering substance that had an all too familiar sound. It appeared to be stardust scattered on the ground, seeming to loosely represent some sort of trail. The path had led my crew and I to the edge of the ocean, which at first seemed like another inevitable dead end. To our surprise, a whale shark emerged from the mercury-like water. It spoke to us telepathically, requesting any stardust we could find, and in return, it would aid in the recovery of our missing feathered friend. At this point, we felt we were running out of time to save Gulliver, and this became our best shot to bring him home safely. Immediately we kicked it into high gear and fed the large creature all the stardust in the area that we could find. A week passed, and the whale shark was finally pleased with our efforts. A star appeared on its forehead and shone brightly against the evening sky. It spoke telepathically to our crew once again.

"Thank you, friends, for returning me to my former glory. In return, I have fixed your friend's communicator and tracking device. You mustn’t waste time and quickly return to your ship, as your friend is low on oxygen and will need an immediate rescue."

We thanked the whale shark and quickly made our way back to the ship. Several of us could hear an alarm on the ship going off indicating an emergency beacon for immediate rescue. The whale shark had kept its word as promised. We were off to save our beloved adventure. I made my way towards my crew’s quarters passing several members of another crew on board. I had overheard them mention gathering stardust to feed to Ruby for assistance in saving Gulliver. Continuing down the hall I pretended as if I was unfazed by their conversation. Inside I was screaming, wondering what both crews had actually encountered, and what this alien creature's true intentions could genuinely be.

Welcome, Space Cetaceans!

Upon arrival, I wave goodbye to Gulliver, who offers me some words of advice, "you should take life easy, my friend! Just go where the wind blows". I pull out my phone, but notice the wifi isn't connected. I enter a long, fluorescent hallway, and eventually find myself in a room labeled the International Space Cetacean Quarters. On the walls hang several large monitors, each displaying a mysterious whale shark swimming through space in what I believe is real time. Each monitor captures a different angle of the whale shark, allowing the magnificent cetacean to be observed in all its glory. In the corner of the screen are motivational quotes, which read to the theme of "Cetaceans, swim to success!" or "Together, we whale achieve victory!"

Beside a collection of whale plushes and various assortments of free refreshments, I find an LED-lit sign labeled "WIFI". I type the password in my phone, and instantly receive a transmission welcoming me to the International Space Cetaceans. I read further to find that the message is directing me to follow a trail of star fragments into the common room.

I look up to find a pink glowing star fragment resting in the hallway below the main monitor. The passage is illuminated by purple lights, and there are large windows looking out into space. I continue ahead, counting the star fragments as I go along. Finally, when I reach the 8th fragment, I find myself in a room surrounded by fellow International Space Cetaceans. As we greet each other and exchange various purple paraphernalia, the chatty atmosphere is suddenly disrupted by a voice booming over the intercom. It instructs us to head to the cargo hold. As we exit, I shrug, remembering Gulliver's quote as I steadily prepare myself for the challenges ahead!​

*Can you hear me?!*

*Quick get-*

~☆
My eyes lazily opened sitting right on top of me was what looked to be a white rabbit. An actual rabbit, not like my friends back home. I hadn't seen a rabbit in awhile. Before moving to Fugiree I saw them often, but now I barely do.

Then it hit me-covering my mouth, realizing I was outside the ship with no helmet on. Panic sat in, until I felt a soft nose touch my own

"Don't worry. You can breath just fine" I used too question talking animals but now it was just natural. I stood up, looking at the rabbit, feeling shaky as I did. Looking around. Was I on a planet? Behind me was *The Lopez*

"So whatcha doin~" The bunny plopped down next to me

"I..I don't know all I remember was.. opening this jar and"

"Sounds like whatever was in that jar put you in a daze~"

"In a daze? What do you mean, I'm on a planet, did-did I get sent flying out the window... the ship's so far away"

"I got a friend who can take you back up"

"A friend?" I sorted myself best I could, but my legs were becoming numb.

Within moments a beautiful whale moved over, and smiled at me. My face felt a bit cold "A-an actual... An actual space... Hang on are you a...?"

The rabbit lept onto it, as the whale circled me, flinching as I felt its tail brush me

"I um... Actually-"

"Nuh uh" the rabbit layed on his back with his paws behind his head "You'll eventually hear the voices in your head"

"What do you mean" the whale nudged me with her head, circling me, her body like a nebula in circled by purple, cloaked in blue. As if she were apart of the sky.

Gingerly I held out my hand placing it on its head, as I did I felt my body relax, letting out a soft brearth, and smile as she starred at me with cosmoic eyes-

*EARTH TO KOBE!*

blinking a few times I looked around, suddenly feeling faint, I fell over, the whale caught me on her back. Closing my eyes softly

Feeling her move, my breathing became soft. I didnt expect it too fly so-

Bumpy? It felt like shaking-

"slow down... your going too fast..."

Slightly, I opened my eyes, suddenly feeling weak-they widen-

There was a pair of bright blue eyes starring right into mine, beeping in the background, with a bright white light above me

"What...?"

The boy stood back, I recognized him as one of my captains, he grins, his lips moving a bit, looking me over with crossed arms, a raised eyebrow.

"Where..."

"The infirmary" a soft familiar voice responded, I turned to see a familier pink haired girl by my side

She smiled ever so gently "Im so happy your're ok. You had us worried"

Her eyes bright like the whale's...

I smiled back

Thank you for having a writing event ♡

full version in my writing thread ♡

Last edited:
Dear Kidd,

You won't believe where I am!! I'm at Space Camp!! And I am having a great time. Last year at camp I remember spending hours stargazing. After making all those wishes on shooting stars, my dream of one day going to space camp finally came true. Here I am, on board The Lopez space station.

Also the worst thing happened. I FORGOT MY PASSORT!!! I was freaking out. What do I do? But then I saw the other cadets also forgot their passports so we quickly made false passports. Redd would be so proud. The cadets in Crew 3 are very warm and welcoming and reassured me this year will be the best, most fun, year at camp. The staff showed us around the station and gave us a tour of the facilities. I was amazed by everything we saw. I can't believe we are actually in space!

The staff said we can rename our crew and to choose a mascot. Our crew name is International Space Cetaceans. Our mascot is the whale shark. I know, awesome, right?? Competition has been... interesting. Our crew really work well together and are currently in the lead. But the tension in the air is high aboard The Lopez. Winning is great and all, but in the past years the cabins I was on always lost. Even though we lose, we didn't care because we were having such a great time. Or at least that's how I felt. As long as we did our best and had fun.

Last night I had a nightmare, I dreamt I was on a space walk and others forgot I was still outside the space station!! I floated to one of the port holes and looked in. My crew was feeding a whale shark stardust and chanting. I tapped the glass of the pothole "Hey!!! You forgot about me!! Let me in!!!" Then the whale shark floated out of its tank stared at me and said "Whale shark demands more stardust!!" I woke up startled and found stardust all around me and the words All Hail The Whale Shark , Whale shark demands tribute!!! Written all over the walls. Captain Mick gave me a mop and bucket and I had to scrub it clean.

Oh I forgot to mention, remember that seagull that we find passed out once in a while on our beach? His name is Gulliver and he's here at the Space Camp as well. But we haven't seen him for a long time and get scrambled messages sometimes. My crew solved the messages and we are assured he will be fine. That bird is... quirky.

Well Kidd, i have to go. I will write to you later. I have to help my team look for stuff for the next scavenger hunt. Wish us luck!!

Your friend,
Val

P.S.
Don't forget to water my flowers and don't let anyone in my house while I'm away. I don't want to get roaches.

The Lopez Logs

August 11th, 2023

After all of the... peculiar things that I've witnessed over the past few days, it's definetely time to start keeping track just in case things get out of hand. In the meantime, here's a recount of some of the most notable events after the landing at Planet TBT.

8/6

The Initial Call

After a long night's rest from the day prior, the whole crew stays in awe at the sheer destruction of the I.S.C. After all, how could we financially recover from this after spending all of our precious tokens on whales?

Suddenly, some astronaut seagull comes up to us and sees the damages. Perhaps seeing an opportunity he proposes an offer,

"If you wish to relieve yourselves of this burden, come with me to the lands which provides endless riches."

"What lands do you speak of?" we eagerly ask, to which the seagull says,

"The Bell Tropics of course!".

In quite the desperate situation, we take up the offer from the seagull who goes by Gulliver and meet at his ship S.S. Spacegull.

"Did everyone bring their shovels? Golden ones to be exact."

Most of the crew lost them in the disaster we just left behind, but a lucky few (including me) managed to recover some tools mostly in tact including some golden shovels, albeit with some flimsy handles..

"We have 3 sir! That should be enough if we can share them."

With everything else in order, we gather in the Spacegull and get ready for takeoff...

8/7

The Landing

11 hours. 2 near-asteroid collisions. 3 naps. After what felt like a week long endeavor, we've finally reached our destination. As I look out the window to see what lies ahead, dozens upon dozens of orchards are all that is seen. They appear to be holding... perfect peaches?

"What is this, Gulliver?" we say.

"Huh? This is TBT! Look at all the trees waiting for us!" he goes excitedly.

"Peach trees? Why is that anything special?"

"Peaches? Nonono, those are Bells! Hundreds of bags of 'em! More than enough for you guys to get back on your feet that's for sure."

Bells...

Is it true?

This could really be our biggest break yet if so!

The moment we heard the news, all of the I.S.C. immediately jolts over eager to claim the riches. As we approach closer to the forest, it's easily confirmed that Gulliver was right. The star on the Bell bags is now clearly visible (the ship windows might've been a little hazy..). The iconic bags hang low for what appears to be an endless stretch, which is curious yet quite exciting considering our circumstances.

"Time to get shaking!" Gulliver shouts from behind, still trying to catch up after out enthuastic sprint.

In no time, we all manage to fill up our pockets completely to the brim with Bells.

"Shake, dig, bury, repeat! You don't want to leave a bunch of empty trees afterwards for the next crew."

To be Continued

499 not including the To be Continued lol, surprised I hit the limit that fast tbh

The Truth Behind the Madness

“Gulliver out!”

Gulliver hated leaving his eager crew of campers, but he was on a mission: to build the best space terrarium ever.

He’d just notified the crew of his plans. He was confident he'd find something amazing to bring back to "The Lopez".

He grabbed a jar of candy he'd pilfered from one of the crew's quarters.

"I wonder how many candies I can eat before finding a good location.”

He popped a few of the sugary sweets in his mouth. “1… 2… 3… Orange! Yum!”

“438… 439… Oh! What’s that in the distance?”

In his excitement, Gulliver dropped the candy jar. Its contents skittered across the floor, forgotten.

“A planet! And not on my map. This is quite the discovery. I must inform my crew!”

Upon landing, Gulliver stepped out onto the mossy forest floor. It was as lush and verdant as a rainforest, if rainforests had a pulsating, ethereal purple glow.

“Curious…” He cocked his head to the side. “No signs of life.”

Not finding this ominous in the slightest, he set off to explore.

That evening, Gulliver set up camp and decided to sleep beneath the stars. He looked into the vastness of space and wondered where “The Lopez” was at that very moment.

“I bet they’re really missing me. I should head back soon, but not until I find something worth sharing.”

With nothing better to do, he began counting the stars. “1… 2… 3…”

When had he developed this habit of counting things? He couldn’t remember, but it was oddly soothing.

Before long, he fell into a deep slumber.

“Oh, ho! What’s this?”

Gulliver had stumbled on something interesting, literally. While walking through the forest, he had tripped over a mossy stone.

“This is perfect for my terrarium. And here’s another… and another. Reminds me of Bunny Day back home, only these aren’t eggs.”

“Let’s see how many I can find. 1… 2… 3…”

“54… 55… What was that?”

Gulliver thought he had spotted movement, but when he looked around nothing was visible through the dense foliage.

“Must have been my imagination. Now where was I? Oh, it doesn’t matter. It’s not like I’ll need to know the exact number anyway.”

Gulliver finished collecting the stones, loaded up his ship, and set course for “The Lopez”.

He was startled awake by a chorus of cries.

“Mama… mama…”

Tiny green beings clambered towards him.

Gulliver screamed and scrambled backwards in terror. His eyes shifted to the stones, broken and empty. Realizing his mistake, he gulped.

Grabbing the nearest item, a hair dryer, he aimed it at the infants and flipped the switch. The blast of hot air caused them to scurry for shelter, which they found in the empty candy jar from earlier.

Gulliver snapped the lid on the jar, holding it up triumphantly. Then, he look about nervously.

“I hope I caught them all. 1… 2… 3… Hey! Stop moving in there!”​

At Space Camp, they put me in a crew called the Moon Bunnies. Our crew had a flag with the cutest bunny on it, and I knew right away that we were going to have an amazing time together. Our job was to collect star dust – magical glitter from the stars that powered the spaceship and space station. But guess what? We had to hurry and get as much star dust as we could, like space superheroes!

Days turned into nights, and our Moon Bunnies crew worked together like a team of shooting stars. We filled our bags with star dust, our laughter echoing through the space station. But one day, something strange happened. Gulliver's voice crackled over the intercom, but his message was fuzzy and full of worry.

Gulliver's voice vanished, leaving us puzzled and concerned. Where was Gulliver, our feathered friend who had led us on this incredible journey? We looked up at the stars, hoping for an answer.

Even though Gulliver was gone, our Moon Bunnies crew didn't give up. We collected star dust with even more determination, our bunny flag waving proudly. We knew that Gulliver believed in us, and we couldn't let him down. As we collected star dust, we looked up at the night sky, wondering where Gulliver might be among the stars. His spirit seemed to be with us, guiding us through the vast cosmos.

An inexplainable mixture of relief and unease had settled within me since our captains long awaited return. It was only a few days ago that Gulliver finally set foot back onto The Lopez and received his hero’s welcome - laughter and stories filled the ship, bringing everyone together in a peaceful harmony after a chaotic few weeks. One story in particular drew in listeners like a black hole, a tale of another planet abundant with resources and natural beauty, inhabited by people just like us - a ‘mirror image’ Gulliver had called them, informing us that they’d been a great help to him and insisting we should travel back to thank them before our return to Earth. While there was a general sense of trepidation about inviting ourselves to this magical planet and the risk of accidentally causing any damage, the ship was convinced by Gulliver’s renewed hope and optimism and the promise that it would just be a flying visit. I remained wary though, the journey had been carefully planned before leaving Earth to calculate exactly what we would need to bring and I worried that altering our course could exhaust our supplies.

The final night before we reached our new destination was restless. Since his return Gulliver seemed to hardly sleep, navigating us through space during the day and waffling down his communicator during the night. The voices had been constantly muffled, apart from the occasional excited shout, as I’d lay in bed each night before curiosity finally got the better of me - after all we were about to reach an unknown place sold to us by a captain whom, while a great leader, could be scatty at the best of times. Listening through the door, I managed to pick up on Gulliver thanking his new friends for their generosity and his gratitude to them for saving his life, he sounded so content and carefree that I couldn’t help but relax. Maybe visiting those that had done so much for our captain couldn’t be so bad and if the place was as amazing as we were led to believe perhaps they’d allow us to pick up some extra water and fuel for the journey home. Feeling at ease for the first time in days I finally slept well that night, dreaming of a new exciting adventure.

We eventually arrived at our destination, the place we’d heard so much about. Disembarking our ship, excited voices mixed in with awed remarks, exclamations of wonder and thank yous to our hosts. I could barely move though as I exited The Lopez, the noises around me drowned out by the ringing in my ears and the alarm in my head. There was nothing here, the planet was desolate and cold and the atmosphere suggested it was unable to be inhabited, likely no life forms other then ourselves had ever visited this place. For the first time since we started our space journey a feeling of dread settled over me.

Being given the opportunity to go to space, I felt like it was the best thing that could ever happen in my life. A one-in-a-lifetime opportunity that absolutely no one could pass up, if given the chance. . . Or so I thought at the time.

As we were put into different teams, we were given a run-down of what to expect at Space Camp. Everything sounded absolutely exciting, as this was my first time participating and going through such an exhilarating journey!

We prepare to embark on our trip. Everyone is ready to go and a false sense of security comes over me, thinking nothing could ruin this thrilling day. As we cruise into space, I get to know my crew a little more while enjoying the scenery.

Suddenly... I get this piercing chill running through my bones and I quickly realized just how much in danger we truly were. Into the distance, we see some kind of... rubble? straight ahead. It's suddenly coming at us at an incredible speed, too swift for us to avoid.
Our ship was hit by an asteroid that threw us off course. We all had to quickly evacuate to get out of danger's reach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I awake, I wonder how long it has been since I've been floating alone in space. I see no one in sight. All I have with me is the space suit I'm wearing and I notice I'm low on oxygen and my communicator is malfunctioning. A heavy sense of dread starts to set in, and I panic.

"Where am I? . . . Where are my crewmates? . . . How can we get back home?"

And there, I see it. Far into the distance, I see a light shining right at me. "What... is that?," I thought to myself. It's slowly moving closer to me and I fear I need to somehow get away. It creeps behind me and I scream. The light screams back at me in response. I slowly open my eyes, expecting some kind of extraterrestrial abomination to take my life right now.

As it turns out, it's actually Gulliver! He's noticed our ship disappeared on his sensors and went to go find out what exactly happened. Gulliver told me he's been locating all of my crewmates to bring back to the main ship.

"Rest assured, space cadet, I've got your whole crew with me, safe and sound! You're the only one left and I'm glad I've found you!,"
Gulliver exclaimed.

Evidently, I was stranded and unconscious for several days.
A heroic Gulliver had come and rescued every single crewmate, including myself.
After hearing that, I was instantly relieved. My crew was safe! I could not ask for anything more... Though maybe I can ask if I could return home now? I'm not sure if my poor heart can take this adrenaline-inducing expedition anymore.​

Diary Entry 01
Today is the first day on The Lopez with my new crew mates. Seems there are three other crews on board as well, I hope this won’t be a hunger games type situation because that would suck. I’m not trying to die in space. There seems to be three different space stations on board, the observatory, the bridge, and the cargo hold. I wonder what that’s all about. I guess the first day on board is just getting to know our crew mates better. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Diary Entry 02
It’s the next morning and it seems crew 3 and crew 4 have been assigned to the bridge while crew 1 and crew 2 have been assigned to the observatory. We’ve been asked to choose crew colors and names. Majority voted for the color purple with the name International Space Cetaceans! I really like it, has a nice ring. We’ve been seeing this weird ufo flying around the bridge looking for meme’s, not sure what that’s all about. Other than that not much to report on the bridge, everything seems very mellow.. for now.

Diary Entry 03
Our next stop on this space adventure is to head towards the observatory! I can’t wait, I love the sound of it. Stargazing in space is something I’ve never experienced before. I bet it’s beautiful! I’ve been told we have to collect stardust for our team mascot The Whale Shark. Sounds pretty crazy right? But I’m just here to go with the flow, so let’s start collecting that stardust!

Diary Entry 04
Our last stop will be the cargo hold. I’m not sure I really like the sound of that. It doesn’t sound as nice as the observatory, but I guess we will see what’s in store as the days go by. Oops gotta run, the scavenger race is starting!

The Lopez to Earth
Greetings Earth, this is Liam here from onboard the Lopez. Space Camp has been going very swimmingly, I have made plenty of friends and seen plenty of wonders you could never imagine! First thing I was onboard an area called "The Bridge" when to my disbelief we saw evidence of REAL UFOS! It was amazing seeing those ufos all around the world, I could never of imagined I would end up in a place like this.
The next week we were sent to the observation deck where I saw a REAL space whale floating around, we had to send him our space dust and pledge allegiance but it isn't as cultish as it sounds I promise. For this final week I have been send to the cargo hold where I have to scavenge the many planets to find different items. It is very chaotic and slightly scary but my team and I have managed to pull it off thus far. Well this was my space log so far, I hope to enjoy much more in the final weeks I have left. I can't wait to come back to earth to see my friends and family. This has been the adventure of a lifetime.
Anyway, that was Liam, signing off!

Final Journal Entry

After nearly a month of travel, us aboard the International Space Cetacean Station are exhausted from the never ending adventures. We went on scavenger hunts, went ufo sight seeing and even decorated the station with a nice whale space theme. We spent a whole week going from stars to asteroid belts looking for star dust. We managed to accumulate thousands of boxes of this precious material, hoarding it in on our space station. A thought crossed astronaut Oak's mind. Did we take too much star dust? Should we have left more for the others rather then indulge ourselves in endless star dust? Soon we will return to Earth after our long trip and our team has a decision to make. Bring back all this stardust with us greedily, or share with the other space stations. We all knew what we had to do. The right move is to divide the star dust amongst the four different stations, ensuring everyone has enough resources for future travels. The friendship and memories we made along the way are much more valuable. Everytime we see a whale or anything with a basic star pattern, we will think of our time in space. Until next time.

I knew before going on this trip there was the possibility I might not return.

I packed everything important to me; which admittedly, isn’t much. A sleeping bag, a travel kettle, a magazine for some light reading - a keepsake mug that my mother gave me. A globe to remind me of home.

The flight itself was uneventful at first. A loud exhale of exhaust signaled liftoff, and then after that, only a low, dull murmur to suggest the ship was even moving. There were a few small windows on the aircraft, and my crew mates and I watched in silence as earth turned from a large shifting mass of green and blue to a sphere resembling a cracked glass marble; and finally, to a tiny speck in the massive, never-ending darkness of outer space.

It was not until we were well into our voyage that things took a strange turn. A large monitor was hung above the door in the crew’s cabin; red flashing numbers counted down the remaining flight time and illuminated the quarters, casting an eerie glow in the night.

It was one of the others who was first to notice that the timer had changed.

We stood in a semicircle, each of us gazing at the countdown in silence. What had originally read “272:20:11” when I glanced at it earlier that morning (signifying 272 earth hours, 20 earth minutes, and 11 earth seconds) now read 998:54:16. The flight duration was originally scheduled as 480 hours. It now read 998 hours - nearly 42 days.

The ship only had fuel and supplies sufficient for the journey to the undiscovered planet and the return home, with a buffer of a couple days. At most, the supplies would last perhaps 56 days if we rationed. We would surely make it to the undiscovered planet without fail, but the journey home…

I knew the same train of thought was running through the minds of my crew mates as we stood there. We looked at each other slowly, then back at the countdown. The seconds crawled, as if the clock knew we were watching. The faces surrounding me were illuminated by the red cast of the clock, and the shadowy corners of the room appeared to move grotesquely in the darkness.

There was nowhere to go but onward. The flight path was predetermined — there was no way to turn around.

Ultimately, we made it to the uncharted planet successfully, but now have nowhere to go. We are trapped here. Attempting the return flight would mean certain death. Our only hope now is that our ship’s SOS relay is picked up by another space craft before our fuel completely runs out.

The only confirmation we have that the relay is even working came earlier today from the arrival of this unnerving message:

IMG_5697.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

(Also I didn’t double check my math so if it’s wrong don’t @ me)

Last edited:
💫✨🌟

Wandering through the lush meadows of an unfamiliar celestial realm, the soft whisper of alien foliage and the distant serenade of unknown creatures embraced me. It was a moment plucked from the pages of a cosmic fairy story, and an amalgam of exhilaration and awe danced within my pixelated essence.

The sky above me was a surreal blend of hues that defied earthly description—swirls of magenta and cerulean danced together like playful brushstrokes on an otherworldly canvas. A trio of moons hung in perfect harmony, casting an ethereal glow that bathed everything in a dreamlike luminescence.

My trusty shovel in hand, I began to dig into the unique soil of this alien terrain. To my amazement, I unearthed sparkling gemstones that shimmered like rare constellations. Each discovery was a testament to the planet's rich, mysterious history.

As I ventured deeper into the heart of the planet, I stumbled upon a grove of trees unlike any I had ever seen. Their trunks were a spectrum of colors, and their leaves emitted a soft, melodious hum when the wind gently caressed them. It was as if the entire forest was alive with a harmonious melody, and I couldn't resist dancing along in my own endearing Animal Crossing way.

The local inhabitants, quirky and charming creatures, greeted me with curious stares and friendly waves. Their language was a symphony of chitters and chirps, but somehow, we managed to communicate through a series of cheerful gestures. They offered me exotic fruits that burst with flavors that defied description and led me to sparkling pools of water that seemed to hold the secrets of the universe within their depths.

As the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting long shadows across the alien landscape, I found a cozy spot to sit and reflect. I marveled at the interconnectedness of all things—the way the flora and fauna coexisted in perfect harmony, the way the stars above seemed to whisper tales of distant galaxies, and the way my heart resonated with a sense of belonging in this strange and wonderful world.

TBT's Space Camp had transported me to a realm beyond my wildest dreams, where the boundaries of reality and imagination blurred into a beautiful tapestry of experiences. And as I gazed up at the alien constellations that dotted the night sky, I knew that this adventure would forever be etched in the pixels of my memory, a cherished chapter in my whimsical life.

💫✨🌟

Gather 'round, my fellow explorers, and let me regale you with the tale of our voyage to the enigmatic planet we called "Lumina". As the captain of the starship "Stellar Quest," I stand before you to recount the astounding discoveries we made on that distant world while trekking through Space Camp!

Upon landing on the planet surface, we were greeted by a breathtaking sight: a landscape of radiant flora, luminescent forests that seemed to dance with ethereal light. But it was not the flora that held our attention; it was the creatures that inhabited this world – we then called these the "Luminal Whales".

These magnificent beings were unlike anything we'd encountered before. Gigantic and awe-inspiring, they soared through the skies, their bodies adorned with shimmering bioluminescence that painted the heavens with streaks of color. Their presence was both humbling and exhilarating.

Through advanced technology, we managed to establish a rudimentary form of communication with these Luminal Whales. To our amazement, they shared their history with us – a story intertwined with the very fabric of Lumina itself. They spoke of a cosmic connection, a bond between the whales and the planet's energy.

These creatures had the ability to harness Lumina's unique energy, transforming it into harmonious songs that resonated through the planet's core. These songs, they explained, had the power to balance the planet's ecosystems and maintain its delicate equilibrium.

In return for our efforts to comprehend their ways, the Luminal Whales granted us access to their profound knowledge. They taught us how to tap into Lumina's energy, enabling us to heal and rejuvenate the planet's ecosystems. The skies responded with vibrant displays of lights, a celestial dance that spoke of harmony restored.

As we departed Lumina, the Luminal Whales' songs echoed in our hearts, a reminder of the intricate connections that bind life and energy. Their wisdom continues to guide us, inspiring us to seek balance and unity not only within ourselves but with the planets we explore. May their luminous legacy forever illuminate our path through the cosmos.

🐳

In thе endless exраnse оf thе cosmos, а lonely spаce whаle nаvigаted thе stаrs with аn аir оf melаncholy. Drifting thrоugh thе void, it sаng its hаunting sоng, а melody thаt echoed аcross thе gаlаxies. Fоr eons thе spаce whаle roаmed, а mаjestic creаture in seаrch оf а рurрose аmidst thе sоlitude оf spаce.

One fаteful dаy, аs thе spаce whаle's mournful сries echoed thrоugh thе аbyss, а сrew оf spаce trаvelers crossed its pаth. Тhese humаns were enthusiаsts оf mаrine life, thеir obsessiоn сentering оn thе enigmаtic whаle shаrks оf Eаrth's oceаns. Тheir quаrters in thеir stаrship “Тhe Lopez” were аdorned with imаges оf thеse mаgnificent creаtures.

Upоn enсountering thе spаce whаle, thе humаns were аwestruck by its magnifisence. Cаptivаted by thе rаre enсounter, thеy thought of а plаn to аpproаch thе creаture. With gentle coаxing, thеy estаblished а bоnd оf trust, аnd to thеir аstоnishment, thе spаce whаle willingly becаme thеir compаniоn.

Тhe spаce whаle, оnce lоnely, nоw felt content аmоng thе сrew. It becаme thеir mаscot, аn emblem оf thеir shаred wоnder for thе mysteries оf thе univеrsе. Togethеr, thеy embаrked оn jоurneys thrоugh thе gаlаxy, riding upоn thе bаck оf thе mаjestic creаture, thе stаrs unfolding before thеm.

And so, thе “The Lopez” cоntinued its interstellar voyаge, thе spаce whаle's sоng nоw hаrmоnizing with thе lаughter оf its newfоund compаniоns.​

I could not wait to arrive at Space Camp. It sounded like so much fun, and it definitely was – 3 weeks of immersive learning about how to find constellations, counting bottles containing mysterious objects, and changing the definition of a rock wall, all on our own private space shuttle. One incident in particular stuck with me, the UFO encounter.

One night, after an exhausting day of deciding which villager was recieving a package, my group, dubbed the Internation Space Cetacean and another group, the Moon Bunnies gathered in the Observatory to do some stargazing. As we gazed up enjoying the free entertainment while we waited to take off to our next area, something extraordinary occurred – a formation of lights, unlike any constellation, blinked into existence.

Gasps rippled through the Observatory as the lights danced in an intricate pattern across the sky. These were no ordinary lights; they moved with purpose, creating shapes that defied explanation, some catlike and others resembling villagers from home. Could this be a part of the camp's elaborate itinerary? Or was this something far more extraordinary?

As the formation continued its celestial dance, the crew leaders seemed as surprised as the campers. Whispers of speculation filled the air. Suddenly, the lights converged, creating a mesmerizing space whale pattern, and then, with a burst of speed, they shot upward, disappearing into the vast expanse of space.

The next morning, during holographic meatloaf breakfast, the crew leaders gathered the campers. They revealed that the lights were not part of the camp's program; they were, in fact, an unidentified flying object – a Mistriel UFO.

Mistreil-bird-ufo.png
They explained that according to experts, Mistriels were believed to be enigmatic interstellar travelers, and that their origins and motives are unknown.

The encounter changed my thoughts on the universe. My appreciation for life was renewed, and a yearning to uncover the mysteries of the universe was engraved into my soul. What were the Mistriels? Were they explorers from distant galaxies? We may never know, but I hope one day we will find the answer.

⭑ ✦ ☾ ✦ ⭑

It is astounding. Not the agoraphobic expanse of a ship we call “The Lopez.” Not the intimidating void of space peering at us through the diamond-infused windows. Not this effervescent green planet of tall lush trees reaching towards its purple skies.

What is astounding is the sheer dedication and perseverance of the lucky individuals aboard the ship. They are amazing.

From Earth to space, they gathered abundant evidence of unidentified flying objects. They encountered new stars that they effortlessly mapped and then constructed several
original constellations. Countless of them courageously infiltrated scores of unknown territories to find alien eggs. Strange signals from the planet were no match for the crew members as they deciphered every frequency regarding the lost seagull’s events.

The representatives of the crew were equally, if not more, astounding. How adorable was it that a white bunny with a moon on its head was such a significant icon? A vivid blue and purple, star-encrusted whale was a beautiful sight aboard the ship. An eccentric mint-colored squirrel and a charming alien Axolotl were here as well.

They worked together to perform feats of grandeur. In space, no less.
Even in their lofty abode, their humble nature shone through even the brightest suns.

Now if only that silly seagull would stop working on a new ship. It is not astounding that he’s lost every other departure, or maybe it is.

⭑ ✦ ☾ ✦ ⭑

Hi, I’m Usagi Tsukino, member of the Moon Bunnies crew on board of “The Lopez” Space Station. Today was just another fun filled day at The Bell Tree Space Camp… Or so I thought.

Gulliver came knocking frantically upon my door within the Moon Bunnies quarters.

Gulliver: “Usagi, Usagi! You have to help! There’s a giant monster loose within the cargo hold!”

I quickly opened the door.

Usagi: “Slow down Gulliver, a giant monster? I thought you already handled that on your earlier excursion to the uncharted planet?”

Gulliver: “Yes, I did but this is different! This time it’s a huge furry beast and I’m afraid I’m unable to handle this on my own. You are the one and only Sailor Moon right? Can you use your special powers to take care of it?”

Usagi: *Sigh* “Contrary to what most people believe I am not actually Sailor Moon. Sure I share her name, birthday, personality and similar looks but I’m just an ordinary villager from an island like every other camper here. I value the same things she does but no, I’m not her nor do I have any sort of special powers.”

Gulliver: “Oh… I see… you transform though right? I’ve seen it myself.”

Usagi: “Technically yes, but that’s just a transformation wand Gulliver. They are pretty easy to find back on our home islands. I can change into Sailor Moon’s outfit but it’s nothing more than that. I’m Sorry.”

Gulliver looked down at the floor looking extremely disappointed.

Usagi: “Tell you what Gulliver, I may not have any of Sailor Moon’s awesome powers but I’m still willing to do all that I can to help my friends. Show me this monster and I’ll see what we can do.”

With that I pulled out my butterfly transformation wand and transformed into “Sailor Moon”.

Usagi: Come on Gulliver, let’s go!

Together Gulliver and I tore down the hallway towards the cargo hold. Once there I paused and turned to him.

Usagi: “Gulliver, do you still have your shrink ray gun and any extra Nook-Co jars?’

Gulliver quickly rummaged through his bag.

Gulliver: “My shrink ray gun is right here and looks like I have one jar left.”

Usagi: “Perfect, here’s the plan—”

***​

I tore into the center of the cargo hold while Gulliver hid quietly behind some boxes.

Usagi: “I am the Pretty Guardian, who fights for Love and for Justice! And now in the name of the Moon Bunnies, I’ll punish you!”

The monster gave a loud roar and started to chase after me. I ran. Ran for my life.

Usagi: “Gulliver, NOW!”

Gulliver jumped out from behind the boxes and shot at the monster with perfect precision using his shrink ray gun. As the monster shrunk right down Gulliver tossed me the jar. I quickly slipped the monster inside and secured the lid.

Gulliver: Yes! We did it! You might not have powers like the real Sailor Moon, but you are still a hero to me.”

Back