• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are you a feminist?

Are you a feminist?

• Yes

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inequality? Yes.
Gender inequality? Yes.
Gender inequality against women? Next to none.
Gender inequality against men? Yes.

Are you a guy? Have you experienced gender inequality? Does my being fourteen and being yelled at in a way that is sexually explicit and followed and grabbed by middle aged men when I went out in public not count of sexism?

AFAIK, most of these "man probs" are directly caused by misogyny. And feminism was started for women to get the same rights as men, we're not changing the name just because "wah wah, wat about mennn".

>>>/tumblr/
In all seriousness, that is an example of a strawman fallacy. You're misrepresenting the arguement of MRAs; their arguement isn't ""wah wah, wat about mennn"", but rather asking for more movements and chance done to help the problems many men face. Also, changing the name wouldn't even be a big deal.
Secondly, ""man probs"" are not mostly caused by misogyny. Many insults based on masculinity aren't based directly on misogyny. Before you say that it is basically condemning men leaning towards feminine sides (the anima), it isn't. It's based on traditional gender roles in society, which is demonstrated in many animal societies. Gender roles aren't misogynist, they're merely a tradition that has gone unchanged for a long time. The fact that many women for the longest time have tend to lean towards housework, taking care of children, and doing housework duties isn't discrimination against women. Again, just because certain people in a household tend to (more often than not) fall into these gender roles doesn't make it discrimination.

Are you a guy? Have you experienced gender inequality? Does my being fourteen and being yelled at in a way that is sexually explicit and followed and grabbed by middle aged men when I went out in public not count of sexism?

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) I never said nor implied that.

Tbh guys save your energy and don't bother with dierefuji lmao

I guess politics count only when it's one sided and doesn't involve actually making your points and refuting opponents' claims.

Last edited:
I guess politics count only when it's one sided and doesn't involve actually making your points and refuting opponents' claims.

Did you just ****ing greentext on tbt LMAO

Anyways funny you mention that when you clearly didn't read the whole thread. The only decent point you made was B.

>>>/tumblr/
In all seriousness, that is an example of a strawman fallacy. You're misrepresenting the arguement of MRAs; their arguement isn't ""wah wah, wat about mennn"", but rather asking for more movements and chance done to help the problems many men face. Also, changing the name wouldn't even be a big deal.
Secondly, ""man probs"" are not mostly caused by misogyny. Many insults based on masculinity aren't based directly on misogyny. Before you say that it is basically condemning men leaning towards feminine sides (the anima), it isn't. It's based on traditional gender roles in society, which is demonstrated in many animal societies. Gender roles aren't misogynist, they're merely a tradition that has gone unchanged for a long time. The fact that many women for the longest time have tend to lean towards housework, taking care of children, and doing housework duties isn't discrimination against women. Again, just because certain people in a household tend to (more often than not) fall into these gender roles doesn't make it discrimination.

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) I never said nor implied that.

You def implied that but okay..

Did you just ****ing greentext on tbt LMAO

Anyways funny you mention that when you clearly didn't read the whole thread. The only decent point you made was B.

"Did you just asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-ing greentext on tbt lmao" this is a joke
Also, no.

Not everyone has a penis or vagina at birth.
I assume you're talking about intersex people. With them there are still hormones present that affect them much in the same way that the same hormones affect men or women. Their genitalia just happened to deform/mutate during their development in the womb, and that's why they can't be assigned a natural gender without being tested for such hormonal influences (or by just looking at their development - after all an individual with female growth hormones will naturally develop breasts).

Inequality? Yes.
Gender inequality? Yes.
Gender inequality against women? Next to none.
Gender inequality against men? Yes.

There is still salary. There is still how people treat them, it doesn't mean in any case that there are no inequality against men either.

There is still salary. There is still how people treat them, it doesn't mean in any case that there are no inequality against men either.

The wage gap doesn't really exist.
For one, it is illegal to discriminate the workers based on their sex. Secondly, you have to take into account the fact that men tend to take higher paying jobs while women tend to take lower paying jobs.
infographic because im rlly tired and dont want to link the actual sources lmao

I'm a guy, and I hate it, I hate having guys that make fun of me, I hate it, but yes, I'm more like a girl, I enjoy fashion, I love high heels, and love handbags, so yeah

For one, it is illegal to discriminate the workers based on their sex. Secondly, you have to take into account the fact that men tend to take higher paying jobs while women tend to take lower paying jobs.

Even if you don't believe in the wage gap, there is still sexism against women.

I assume you're talking about intersex people. With them there are still hormones present that affect them much in the same way that the same hormones affect men or women. Their genitalia just happened to deform/mutate during their development in the womb, and that's why they can't be assigned a natural gender without being tested for such hormonal influences (or by just looking at their development - after all an individual with female growth hormones will naturally develop breasts).

I feel like this is a very broad attempt to 'explain intersex people' and it isn't very correct or appropriate.

Wow I didn't know making things illegal meant they'd never happen ever

I'm a guy, and I hate it, I hate having guys that make fun of me, I hate it, but yes, I'm more like a girl, I enjoy fashion, I love high heels, and love handbags, so yeah
Jared this thread is about feminism not femininity

Oh yeah, and I also hate that if you have a penis or a vagina that's what determines your sex, I'm really tired of it

Oh yeah, and I also hate that if you have a penis or a vagina that's what determines your sex, I'm really tired of it

Well, it does. It's gender that it doesn't effect.
Remember kids:

e2d8102f1496cc3029fbfe667f00921c.png

Not only intersex, some are xx or xy without any vagina (MRKH) or penis, some are also xo, xxy, yyx some have male chromosomes with a female body. Some have also a penis and breast and feminine features. In the case of that Olympic runner, a whole bunch of doctors couldn't decide if she was female or male. So even biologically it's not always that clear.

Wow I didn't know making things illegal meant they'd never happen ever
I guess I should've been more specific and explaining.
It's way less likely for something to happen when it's illegal, especially with this example as feminism becames ever more prevalent (again).
Basically, there's less of a chance for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back